weight cut

Cabbiematt

I got a fight coming up in 6 days in the 170 weight class. I currently weight 177 (can cut to 166.9). I have mediocre 5 (0)-- conditioning. Currently on part-time gym activity (guess I can't change that til sunday?). Energy at 89%.

What would be your best recommendation on how to get down in weight to make the cut? Should I start now, or just slam it down somehow right before the fight? Is a weight loss supp the only way to get down in weight? How fast does weight loss occur? Do you use the weight loss supp in between training sessions or just on training sessions I have available but nothing booked? How do I maintain my "real weight" but get down below 170 for the weigh-in? Is it recommended to do that or should I get my "real" weight down below 170?

Basically, what's the best short term plan for the fight I have in 6 days and also what's the best long term plan for competing in this bracket?

Sorry to post a general question like this here, but I've been having trouble finding good info on weight loss/gain as far as how to make it happen and what's the best place to sit for weight classes.

I got a fight coming up in 6 days in the 170 weight class. I currently weight 177 (can cut to 166.9). I have mediocre 5 (0)-- conditioning. Currently on part-time gym activity (guess I can't change that til sunday?). Energy at 89%.

What would be your best recommendation on how to get down in weight to make the cut? Should I start now, or just slam it down somehow right before the fight? Is a weight loss supp the only way to get down in weight? How fast does weight loss occur? Do you use the weight loss supp in between training sessions or just on training sessions I have available but nothing booked? How do I maintain my "real weight" but get down below 170 for the weigh-in? Is it recommended to do that or should I get my "real" weight down below 170?

Basically, what's the best short term plan for the fight I have in 6 days and also what's the best long term plan for competing in this bracket?

Sorry to post a general question like this here, but I've been having trouble finding good info on weight loss/gain as far as how to make it happen and what's the best place to sit for weight classes.

You will cut the weight automatically. Just make sure you are at 100% energy before the fight.

You should always go into a fight at 100% energy as you will pay for it (unless you get an early ko or submission) in the later rounds, often causing a late loss.

If you can make 166.7 at 100% energy you have no need for a cut. This is the weight you can get down ot for the "weigh in" and then the idea is that you will then rehydrate and fight. It is this second "Can cut to" weight that is important.

It is easy to identify if you are going to make weight. On the my fighters page it will show all the weights next to the fighters name (this is available to both VIP's and Non VIP's). If the number is in green the fighter will make weight, orange the fighter doesn't havea fight booked but would not make weight if he did and red means the fighter will not make weight.

Remember a fighter as to be within a pound of the weight class, so you can fight at 170.8 for instance. If you miss weight by 1.0 to 2.9 pounds over the designated weight class you will still fight as if you have had to sauna down. the punishment is a loss in energy, which i currently believe equals 5% for each .1 of a pound you are over the fight weight (From my own investigation).

Any higher and you will get a NC

You will be able to rest around 4.5% a session at your current cardio rate so take 4 sessions of before the fight and you should be around 100% as you should not really train under 90% conditioning as it give you the best results.

oh wow, that's easier than i thought it would be.

Any disadvantage to being at "real weight" of 177 if I compete in the 170 weight class?

There is an advantage and a disadvantage but how much it might actually effect things has come into question on more than one occasion.

The advantage is that you should have a strength advantage over a lighter fighter while the lighter fighter will be naturally quicker however these things are likely counteracted by a single level difference in the physicals of a fighter. (I.e if you were heavier and had respectable strength but your lighter opponent had proficient strength,the imbalance would have been equalled).

oh wow, that's easier than i thought it would be.

Any disadvantage to being at "real weight" of 177 if I compete in the 170 weight class?

i hope thats really u in ur avatar cuz thats hot

this blixxx dumbass never has anything normal to say.... and thinks he's the first person to ever know to make boobs, dick and pussy on a keyboard. congrats kiddo ur not cool.

He is also relatively harmless and lighthearted. There are many worse examples of forum behavior on the internet.

I think we just saw one in point of fact.

this blixxx dumbass never has anything normal to say.... and thinks he's the first person to ever know to make boobs, dick and pussy on a keyboard. congrats kiddo ur not cool.

:notworthy: oh im so sorry PurplNurplToast, can u ever forgive me for being myself oh great one?