An-douche-son Silvas Real Comments: Translation

TK

So, was having a butchers at Sherdog this morning and saw this post regarding An-douche-sons comments after the Maia fight.

Don't know how true any of it is, but maybe some Portugeuse speakers on here could elucidate?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed Soares sugar-coats and simplifies a lot of what Anderson says. Here is the real translation of the press conference:

When asked about his performance:

"I did what I had to do, I'm not here to make excuses. I did what I had to do, my work was done. First, this here isn't work, it's an employment (he is an employee. I don't know what he meant by this). The fans are critics, they can say what they want. I will train to better myself, there isn't much to say. You (the fans) are used to seeing things that we are not always able to do, that is, the knockout. Sometimes it can be done, sometimes it can't. Sometimes it seems to you that are here outside that it is easy, the way the opponent took a hit, but we that train every day know the truth."

"I think my job was well done... Not think, I'm certain. I have many good opponents in this weight, he was a opponent of Jiu Jitsu that didn't come to trade, he came to take me down. In a certain moment in the fight he noticed that he couldn't do that. The fight ended and I maintained my strategy, I hit and I moved. We came here respecting everyone. I take this very seriously. Demian Maia came to do his job and I also. We came here to promote the event but everything has to be done with caution, specially Brazilians against Brazilians. When it's a matter of a fight against an athlete like Demian, who is very dangerous on the ground, like others that I have fought, there has to be a lot of caution."

When asked about his unusual behavior:

"I don't know from what school he came, but in the school I came from I learned to respect all my opponents. I didn't come here with disrespect. Every time an opponent comes to fight me and disrespects my moral as a black belt of martial arts this is going to happen. Unfortunately, many people liked it and others didn't, but he paid for the dumb things he said."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And comments from An-douche-sons (hopefully) next opponent:

"It was hard to watch…I didn’t watch the whole thing, but I tried. I saw the beginning and I saw the end. I was having plenty of conversations during it, I’m in the same boat as the rest of the world. Who cares? Nobody cares about Anderson Silva... He talked about retiring and nobody cared. He talked about going heavyweight and nobody cared. Now he talks about going to 205, and nobody cares! I did an autograph signing with Anderson Silva, there was a line around the building to get to my room. You could have heard a rat piss on cotton in his room! Nobody was in there. Nobody cares about Anderson Silva, it’s the hardest sell in the world. Nobody shows up to see him. If BJ Penn wasn’t on that card that building’s empty Saturday night."

- Chael Sonnen speaking to Mauro Ranallo via hardcoresportsradio.com.

Lol @ "You could have heard a rat piss on cotton in his room!"

Go on Chael!

Here is a full transcript:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/4/11/14153...translations-to

Most of the voters on the poll seem to believe he isn't manipulating what is being said, and I agree, he tries his best.

PS: Sonnen vs Silva has been confirmed.

Interesting.

The poll results to date:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poll

DO YOU THINK ED SOARES…

5% - Translates everything just fine - 202 votes

45% - Tries his best and accurately translates the summary of what his fighter's say - 1567 votes

24% - Tries his best but fails to accurately translate the summary of what his fighter's say - 849 votes

23% - Is disingenuous with his translations - 792 votes

3410 votes | Vote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of the 3410 votes, I wonder how many were cast by bilinguals?

Interesting.

The poll results to date:

Poll

DO YOU THINK ED SOARES…

5% - Translates everything just fine - 202 votes

45% - Tries his best and accurately translates the summary of what his fighter's say - 1567 votes

24% - Tries his best but fails to accurately translate the summary of what his fighter's say - 849 votes

23% - Is disingenuous with his translations - 792 votes

3410 votes | Vote

Out of the 3410 votes, I wonder how many were cast by bilinguals?

Who cares if they were bilingual? The poll is under the transcript.

Well, if you don't understand why it matters if the voters are bilingual, I won't hold it against you.

I thought you meant understood portuguese, not understanding what being bilingual is like, which I am.