Official UFC Undisputed 2010 Topic

damn! shoguns kicks are summin. kicked rampage to death then in the 5th, took him down and got his back.some gnp and hes rocked and flattend out. RNC for my 1st sub win.woohooo

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On every difficulty other than expert, I keep getting quick KO wins. On expert I do get a mixed bag of quick and late KOs, but I also get subbed a good amount of the time. I do think I get the sub system, although I only won by submission once (and it was on beginner, lol), so I think there might be too much of a gap between expert and the level below it. That or there's something I (or we) don't know about the sub system. Or I suck, lol.

I'll still definitely beat up on all my friends though, lol.

On every difficulty other than expert, I keep getting quick KO wins. On expert I do get a mixed bag of quick and late KOs, but I also get subbed a good amount of the time. I do think I get the sub system, although I only won by submission once (and it was on beginner, lol), so I think there might be too much of a gap between expert and the level below it. That or there's something I (or we) don't know about the sub system. Or I suck, lol.

I'll still definitely beat up on all my friends though, lol.

Something to know about the sub system, if you don't already - the faster you roll, the quicker you run out of stamina.

Unsure if tricks like this work on the computer, but against players you can slowly rotate the stick or not at all and let them burn out their stamina... then if you have enough, submit them or break the sub then make them tap.

I just did some crazy ass flip off of the cage. Lyoto had me (Shogun) down in half guard, or at least I think it was, and I kept inching towards the cage will trying to get free, but with my feet being close to the cage. Shogun hopped off of his back, pushed against the cage with his feet, and flipped over into Lyoto's half guard. It just looks insane when you see it, lol. I wonder what other cool stuff like that is in there.

As for the sub, I've tried everything. Rotating in both directions, rotating slowly, rotating fast, rotating at a steady pace. Nothing. Maybe the AI (and my own tactics) wear me down to the point where it's a pretty definite sub? I don't know.

Yeah, expert are a pain to sub.. but I've found against players, letting them waste their stamina quickly as they shine really fast means they can't defend when you start moving the stick. Works completely on players even if you have to release then re-sub to ensure you have enough.

Okay, I might just be a mad high, lol, but this is what it seems like to me:

The submission system is almost completely different. It's not actually the shine. From what I can tell, what matters is how far you push the right stick from it's stationary position and in what direction. The further you push it, the more stamina you burn up. The only way to actually sink the submission is to push it in the right direction before losing all of your stamina, or having your opponent reverse it.

I honestly can't say if even I think that is possibly true or not, but I've had as much luck with this theory as I did with the shine (one submission on beginner after beating up Shogun with Lyoto). I'm mostly just posting this so I have prove just in case I am right, lol.

Unless we all are misinformed, I really think they made the submissions way too hard to pull off and the KOs way too easy.

Yeah, as I said, its the speed you move the stick that determines how much stamina you drain.

Personally, its one of my favorite things about the new game.. lets you be crafty with your submission as long as you can retain top position. Only issue I have is sometimes the stamina goes so quickly I'm inches away from pulling off the sub before it runs out.

I love this new game. Just read through this whole thread. This post may sound braggy but I assure you, it's not!

On 360 last year I was the #1 player for a good bit of time and won a large chunk of cash. I DL'ed the demo and man this game is gonna be so much better. So much more depth. I'll be sticking around here answering any questions you guys have if you need help. The learning curve is REALLY deep so practice is key. It's been getting boring anymore cause I'm beating Expert CPU in 2 min flat :P

But yea subs are really hard. It's easier to do one if they're rocked though. You can also slam them and pull one off. It seems you really have to work to sub this year, can't just slap one on quick. I just think it's the computer. Even on beginner it's hard to lock in a sub. Against players it will be much different.

Only thing I'm concerned about is Machida's takedown and Shogun's omoplata exploit. Hope these are fixed before the release... well mostly the shogun exploit. Machida's takedown can be worked around

Damn you BK for letting that secret out! haha the computer is nearly impossible to tap at times because they have superhuman shine ability. In real multiplayer it will be easier with that technique.

With the lack of sweeps this year of your back, reversals will be huge. Everyone get them down.

I love this new game. Just read through this whole thread. This post may sound braggy but I assure you, it's not!

On 360 last year I was the #1 player for a good bit of time and won a large chunk of cash. I DL'ed the demo and man this game is gonna be so much better. So much more depth. I'll be sticking around here answering any questions you guys have if you need help. The learning curve is REALLY deep so practice is key. It's been getting boring anymore cause I'm beating Expert CPU in 2 min flat :P

But yea subs are really hard. It's easier to do one if they're rocked though. You can also slam them and pull one off. It seems you really have to work to sub this year, can't just slap one on quick. I just think it's the computer. Even on beginner it's hard to lock in a sub. Against players it will be much different.

Only thing I'm concerned about is Machida's takedown and Shogun's omoplata exploit. Hope these are fixed before the release... well mostly the shogun exploit. Machida's takedown can be worked around

Damn you BK for letting that secret out! haha the computer is nearly impossible to tap at times because they have superhuman shine ability. In real multiplayer it will be easier with that technique.

With the lack of sweeps this year of your back, reversals will be huge. Everyone get them down.

I dont actually know what this is off the bat but........i've worked out you can use it to get back to standing from guard by putting it on and then letting it go so im guessing thats what it is.

Machida's takedown is undefendable right?

Can you nail down this sub thing for me, If i rotate slowly i stand more chance or subbing? i dont get it.

Ezekel, aren't you from UOC? If not disregard this lol

Yeah you have the omoplata thing right and Machida's takedown isn't unstoppable but it's damn annoying. Only way you can stop it is grapple block while standing (right stick back) and he'll throw him off to the side.

The submission thing I've actually think might not be as useful anymore. What I meant was start a submission then don't hit anything. The opponent's stamina will drain. After it drains like half way then you start rotating your sick. I'm not sure if this works though because when you don't touch anything the camera zooms out which means you are losing the positioning battle. When you start the camera is around 50% and when you do the stamina waiting thing it zooms out to like 90%. Meaning you have to go a lot further to lock it in. It might not be as useful as thought.

Oh, and Ezekel - Shogun has that suplex slam too. Not sure about the other 2 guys.

Machidas takedown isn't too difficult to handle, especially if you are Shogun as his Kimura seems way easier to pull off then any other sub. The only huge flaw for me is the Omoplata thing as you can pretty much stand up or get on top of your opponent as a result.

Still, I've mostly got this game down as well.. just the standup is bugging me a little. You can try to mix and match combos, end things with leg kicks.. but it just takes one to drop and knock you out. Makes it really risky to just stand and exchange.

Good stuff. I was never too big with fighting CAFs online. Stuck to UFC. Was Top 5 in Ranked matches until people started D/C'ing too much. Stopped playing that and went over to Gamebattles. Got to #1 on there. Great competition on that site. Started out 75-0. Finished 129-6. Quit somewhere in the summer for sake of a social life. Kinda regret it. I'll be sticking through this year though. Might even catch me on UOC lol.

GT: XiX FaTe XiX

Send a FR if you want, if full send a message.

Played the demo today and i didnt see too much of an improvement

The loading screens alone are a huge improvment and that has nothing to do with the game.

That is one of the biggest reasons i quit playing ufc early on.

I can't wait to do career mode and become myself in the ufc. Also title and title defense mode seems sick. Check out gametrailers.com for a lot of videos. Also, I think they will have unlockable characters again, just check out the new career mode vid on community.ufcundisputed.com when they show Ed soras

Played the demo today and i didnt see too much of an improvement

are you serious? you dint see too much of an improvement. im like, wow on that

I have a problem with the game, for some reason it's black and white, that also happened with the god of war 3 demo, anyone knows a reason for that? my TV is kinda old btw