Hughes vs Serra -Finally

UFC RSS

Philip Ferraro, UFC - The bitter animosity between former welterweight champions Matt Hughes and Matt "The Terror" Serra will culminate on May 23rd, in UFC 98's co-main-event in Las Vegas. And while it will be their first clash in the Octagon, the two are familiar foes - at least verbally - making it a grudge to rival any in the short history of mixed martial arts, both in passion and longevity.

View the full article

I wish this fight had occured directly after the TUF season. I was pretty amped because of the bad blood, but now it's been so long that I think the hype has gotten a little flat.

I think it's a pretty easy matchup for Hughes. It seems to be the general theory as of late that Serra's standup is vastly underrated. I just don't think one big right hand equates to good striking. It was a good punch, and it landed right on the medula oblongata (behind the ear), the perfect KO spot. I don't want to say it was lucky, because I mean he threw a right hand with bad intentions and it landed. The chances of Serra beating another top WW though I believe are slim.

yeah ..huges is not loved it seems....but i dig his style, some of the great fights[in my view] include this guy..............serra has the skill, but does he have the heart..........my money on matt, in 2nd round....whats a trust worthy gambling site to make this bet?...........the gg's have f**ked me, my rugby league team suxs at mo..so im looking to spend my 5 bucks some where else ; )

i'd like to see that Matt Serra one hand somorsault again so i'm going with Serra

can't predict how he'd win it though ^_^

Only way Serra wins is if a tire falls of the ol Hughes family tractor and crushes Hughes lol. im taken Hughes by brutal , and i mean brutal ground and pound . late round 1 or early round 2, and i think the ref is going to have to physically remove Hughes from Serra. for the record i am a huge Hughes fan so i might be a tad bias . theres some bad blood there and i think Hughes is comin out with bad intentions on his mind.

WAR HUGHES