Madden 11

i am a die hard NFL and Madden fan and Madden 11 looks great with a new play calling system this is going to be the best Madden in a long time but i would like to see a lot more features like franchise and superstar mode the players should be able to negoaite contracts.....have offseason workouts for other teams if that players is a free agent.....players should have to fight for starting jobs in superstar mode-franchise mode and earn points to progress there player....bring back the scouting combine with all the drills.....in franchise mode-superstar mode players should have holdouts....when u challenge a play give a list of things to challenge instead of letting the refs make the decision.....have the monday night theme music play on monday night games same for sunday makes it feel more real......have chris berrman and tom jackson for halftime game breakdowns......have a starting lineup introduction where players are called out the tunnel..... are where you see players walk into the stadium before a game....i think there should be more off the field activities in franchise and superstar mode like a crib maybe....this is jus some of the things i think that can make madden better.

I think you posted this thread on the wrong forum, as I'm not sure EA actively checks here to look for functionality suggestions...:P

However, I agree with you - I'm excited for this year's Madden and the new play-calling system. Sounds really interesting...I'm curious how it will play out in 2Player Mode, though. I don't see how it would work if you're both looking at the same TV.

i used to play madden for months when it came out every year, but last year i only played it for maybe 3 weeks, and i'm not really anticipating this year's madden at all (i haven't read up on any of the new additions or anything, though). i'll still probably rent it and see how it is.

i used to play madden for months when it came out every year, but last year i only played it for maybe 3 weeks, and i'm not really anticipating this year's madden at all (i haven't read up on any of the new additions or anything, though). i'll still probably rent it and see how it is.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames...online-scouting

Madden 10 was the best Madden since 05. From what I have read nothing is really changing. It's the same game from last years only they are adding Gus Johnson to the commentary, supposedly receivers are suppose to be "smarter" but from ign's preview they didn't notice any difference from past Madden games, and lastly they are adding in Game Flow aka Ask Madden. They're claiming it's a new gameplay aspect that will speed up the game, but from my understanding it's Ask Madden only it's your coach picking the plays other than "Madden".

Like I said 10' is easily the best Madden since 05' and 11' sounds like a degrading. Rather than fixing actual issues or improving the Franchise Mode & Be A Star mode they just add in more shit that you don't need and it's a lousy attempt at catering towards the more casual fan.

I am anxious for this years Madden. I've always loved the Madden series except when I had NFL Gameday 98 I think. That was a fun game back then.

Every time Madden adds something new, its another 3 years until it actually works. And even then it barely works correctly. How about they fix the current problems with the damn game? For instance, there's no such thing as a bad pass. Every pass has 3 options:

1) Reception

2) Knocked Down

3) Interception

I can't tell you how many times my QB has gone 30-34 with 4 interceptions.

And how about they fix the draft? Make it more interesting with better analysis tools. Every year the draft is screwed up somehow. There will be all DE in the Top 10 or something stupid like that.

Player progression? Borked. It's not worth drafting a DE in the first round because you'll never be able to get his stats up to par enough for him to progress. But you can draft a RB in the 6th round and he'll progress fine because you can just pound him the ball. If they fixed the franchise stuff I would be perfectly happy. I would probably sim and play 2-4 games per year plus playoffs.

The developers of Madden have no pride in their work. None. Otherwise they wouldn't let this shit get to the market. 2 years ago the simmed stats were messed up for franchises. All QBs had 40 TD and 5 INT, while RBs were topping out at 2,000 yards at 5 TD. So last year they "fix" it. And guess what? QBs are throwing for 18 TD max and all RBs are topping out at 1200 yards rushing with 25 TD.

Every time Madden adds something new, its another 3 years until it actually works. And even then it barely works correctly. How about they fix the current problems with the damn game? For instance, there's no such thing as a bad pass. Every pass has 3 options:

1) Reception

2) Knocked Down

3) Interception

I can't tell you how many times my QB has gone 30-34 with 4 interceptions.

And how about they fix the draft? Make it more interesting with better analysis tools. Every year the draft is screwed up somehow. There will be all DE in the Top 10 or something stupid like that.

Player progression? Borked. It's not worth drafting a DE in the first round because you'll never be able to get his stats up to par enough for him to progress. But you can draft a RB in the 6th round and he'll progress fine because you can just pound him the ball. If they fixed the franchise stuff I would be perfectly happy. I would probably sim and play 2-4 games per year plus playoffs.

The developers of Madden have no pride in their work. None. Otherwise they wouldn't let this shit get to the market. 2 years ago the simmed stats were messed up for franchises. All QBs had 40 TD and 5 INT, while RBs were topping out at 2,000 yards at 5 TD. So last year they "fix" it. And guess what? QBs are throwing for 18 TD max and all RBs are topping out at 1200 yards rushing with 25 TD.

Agreed. I said before that I thought last years version was the best since 05', and now for 11 they are adding in some damn goofy feature where a coach picks your plays instead of Madden and they are hyping it up to be this new concept.

I'm alright with the gameplay. It's at the best it's ever been and I don't expect it to get any better. I want them to actually make Franchise and Be A Star mode worth a shit.

Be A Star last year was just awful. They need to revamp everything about it or just drop it. I don't recall you being able to even do anything in Be A Star mode besides play the games. There was nothing to do off field, no depth at all.

I'd like to see more executive decisions in Franchise Mode, you nailed the simmed stats, draft, and player progression. All that needs fixed. The presentation needs to change especially over the years. Playing in Season 1 was no different than Season 12.

I agree the developers have no pride. Madden sells because of it's name and now it's the only licensed NFL game. It's all about the money. They seriously need to quit adding in features and fix what they got.

As you should...

There are some games, that no matter how old, and no matter how out-of-date the system is, you must keep handy for casual play. Tecmo Super Bowl is one of them!

David Fulcher FTW!

Tecmo Super Bowl and Baseball Stars. If you haven't played Baseball Stars for NES, you haven't lived. The first game where you owned your own baseball franchise and could increase player's abilities.

Madden hasn't been good for a few years. They went downhill in quality when they got the NFL licenses just to kill off 2k sports from competing.

Ill hold out...again.

They wouldn't even release the coding for 07-08s PC madden because there was a community of us that remodded ( i helped test ) the game to actually make franchise WORK. The sim engine coding was bugged for a few years, this is why you seen RBs with 2000+yds and their back ups with 50 yds ( no stamina was used in the sim engine among other things ).

This even carried over to the console a bit. Then they stopped putting it on PC, i stopped buying it. Last good Madden I think was 04 or 05s. I forgot which. 2k sports last game still has a better franchise then Maddens. Sadly its EA, they are going to cater to online play. Everything else is DLC & scraps. Online franchise? DLC ...gtfo lol

http://www.operationsports.com/ is a good place to really catch up on some sports gaming. they even have a MMA section where we can bitch and rant at THQ for making 2010 UFC so fucking horrible.

Madden hasn't been good for a few years. They went downhill in quality when they got the NFL licenses just to kill off 2k sports from competing.

Ill hold out...again.

They wouldn't even release the coding for 07-08s PC madden because there was a community of us that remodded ( i helped test ) the game to actually make franchise WORK. The sim engine coding was bugged for a few years, this is why you seen RBs with 2000+yds and their back ups with 50 yds ( no stamina was used in the sim engine among other things ).

This even carried over to the console a bit. Then they stopped putting it on PC, i stopped buying it. Last good Madden I think was 04 or 05s. I forgot which. 2k sports last game still has a better franchise then Maddens. Sadly its EA, they are going to cater to online play. Everything else is DLC & scraps. Online franchise? DLC ...gtfo lol

http://www.operationsports.com/ is a good place to really catch up on some sports gaming. they even have a MMA section where we can bitch and rant at THQ for making 2010 UFC so fucking horrible.

+1 on ufc :(