Judging Learning Speed

So, I threw 2 fighters to the same sparring session and checked on them.

Fighter A

BJJ 36.08 to 37.24

Fighter B

BJJ 27.26 to 31.75

Both are 22 years old, so...just wonder, is Fighter A an ultimate retard or it's just that Fighter B has the brain of Einstein and Fighter A merely human?

So, I threw 2 fighters to the same sparring session and checked on them.

Fighter A

BJJ 36.08 to 37.24

Fighter B

BJJ 27.26 to 31.75

Both are 22 years old, so...just wonder, is Fighter A an ultimate retard or it's just that Fighter B has the brain of Einstein and Fighter A merely human?

Fighter B is the quicker learner, that small a level difference even factoring in the lesser sparring session (assuming they trained one on one) should not be learning 4 times as much.

^Yeah think he knows who the quicker learner is lol,

I'd say its a bit of both, A is slow and B is fairly fast.

Ceck out this thread I made - http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?...c=10189&hl=

Take in to account my fighters were at quite a bit higher level then on average 20-40 points such as in your case here though.

You can make a quick learner learn far slower than a slower one if the situation is manipulated and without the right information I cannot judge the learning speed normally however in this case, with the results being so stark, I can say that even with manipulated results it would be difficult to make these two learn on the same curve.

You may wonder why you would want to reduce learning speeds etc but it can be useful for understanding true learning speed to the situational kind.

Both have almost same morale, with maybe 0.5% of difference, almost same energy, and the result is from the same session, a public session of 51 fighters but since it's the same session, the judging will be valid.

I actually is trying to see whether fighter A is a retard or not cuz I might scrap him down if he is. Because well, there's 2 possible situation from what I see:

1. Fighter A is real slow in learning, fighter B is fast.

2. Fighter A is normal, fighter B is f-king fast.

If the answer is case 2, I will probably just keep fighter A for a while because well...I am ok with normal speed.. And I really see it as more of case 1 myself, that's why I am asking. I guess I should just throw them to the same session again soon.

Im sorry not to hijack the thread, and I know we have been over this, but how again did you get such extremely accurate BJJ values? Explain it like Im a child please so I understand it this time. You view the source with a right click?

Exactly. Since you already know that, I don't need to explain i guess.

1. Under the VIP list, there's 10 buttons, click the first button(top left)

2. Welcome to my statistic page, click "Skill Snapshots"

3. Now select a skill.

4. Highlight the bar.

5. Right click, show source.

6. See the percentage? Good, now jam it into your calculator.

1. Under the VIP list, there's 10 buttons, click the first button(top left)

2. Welcome to my statistic page, click "Skill Snapshots"

3. Now select a skill.

4. Highlight the bar.

5. Right click, show source.

6. See the percentage? Good, now jam it into your calculator.

You need to use Mozilla Firefox for this to work. I know Internet Explorer doesn't do it. As for other browsers I have no idea.

Thank you Patti. There was another thread explaining how you could actually tell when your next pop would be. I remember PSUMike getting pissed at the guy who posted it because "there are some things better off not sharing" or something along those lines. I have a guy who is exceptional+ in wrestling and his percentage is 84.7086666667%, I am just trying to figure out what it all means. lol

Thank you Patti. There was another thread explaining how you could actually tell when your next pop would be. I remember PSUMike getting pissed at the guy who posted it because "there are some things better off not sharing" or something along those lines. I have a guy who is exceptional+ in wrestling and his percentage is 84.7086666667%, I am just trying to figure out what it all means. lol

Awesome! I missed that. May try to find it one day if I get bored enough.

A few things that need to be pointed out as a general pointers which will make a lot of this easier for those not who may not be too sure on one or two of the finer points of the game.

The first thing to remember is that this game works on a 150 base and not a 100 base. This means that whenever you see a percentage for something that is related to skills this is not the representational number but the percentage that the stat is filled too. To get the representational number (the one that corresponds with the proficient, strong, superb system you need to translate it into the 150 base.

To do this - Take the percentage, divide it by 100 and the multiply it by 150. This will give you the exact number.

Secondly these exact number are not actually as useful as just knowing them. Knowing them gives you nothing without controlled conditional application applied to them, for instance, learning speed to be judged it is required ot measure all the other possible outlying areas as well as the direct increase. So this would include, morale, energy, gym quality and cleanliness etc and this would need to repeated to make a fair test which should be at least a proportional to the difficultly curve applied to the system. As the systems curve is approximately over a 30 point system and you would need to repeat it twice, your talking a 60 point check.

Thirdly, its a two party participation system therefore when looking at fights, you have to understand your opponent and this is not part of the game number cracking can help with directly.

So would it be safe to say I have a fast learner if he went from Useless-- to Competent-- in 20 sessions training with a Wonderful sparring partner 1 on 1 about 15 of those times?

So would it be safe to say I have a fast learner if he went from Useless-- to Competent-- in 20 sessions training with a Wonderful sparring partner 1 on 1 about 15 of those times?

20 sessions is quite a slow progression and 15 with a one on one wonderful coach would suggest that the learning speed is really quite slow indeed. Most of my decent learners have got to that stage between 8 and 12 sessions.

edit. You signature is too big.

20 sessions is quite a slow progression and 15 with a one on one wonderful coach would suggest that the learning speed is really quite slow indeed. Most of my decent learners have got to that stage between 8 and 12 sessions.

edit. You signature is too big.

I got one fighter who went in BJJ from Useless -- to Competent -- in 11 sessions and then to Proficient -- in a total of 21 sessions.

Another fighter went in Wrestling from Useless to Competent in 12 sessions and to Proficient -- in 22 sessions total.

I would say this is above average. CW's quote that his "decent" learners went from Useless to Competent in 8 or 9 sessions is an exceptional learner.

I got one fighter who went in BJJ from Useless -- to Competent -- in 11 sessions and then to Proficient -- in a total of 21 sessions.

Another fighter went in Wrestling from Useless to Competent in 12 sessions and to Proficient -- in 22 sessions total.

I would say this is above average. CW's quote that his "decent" learners went from Useless to Competent in 8 or 9 sessions is an exceptional learner.

I've seen exceptional learners do that in 6! Although I have never been that fortunate myself. I have only ever had one guy take over 16 sessions to go over that period and he was a poor learner.