Sparring Dummies

• 2 weeks later...
True PBR, this just re-opens the discussion about letting gym managers boot people from sparring sessions? Or at least seeing who is in a sparring session? There are definite problems, but I think in the long run this works out for the better.

However, if I were Mike (and I'm not) I would give some advance notice about this instead of just springing it on the community.

This.

I must be n00b. I don't see how sparring with someone who had 0 energy was being exploited. My Sparring whores are active 9-10 sessions a week and I never had energy management woes. What practical use, exploit-wise, did this have?

Guys would spar every session. Over the course of a couple weeks, their energy would be down to nothing.

• 4 weeks later...
Guys would spar every session. Over the course of a couple weeks, their energy would be down to nothing.

Can anyone confirm if this change has gone into effect yet?

If so, what energy level do the sparring dummies need to maintain in order to be effective?

TC

Can anyone confirm if this change has gone into effect yet?

If so, what energy level do the sparring dummies need to maintain in order to be effective?

TC

i believe they need to stay above 85% energy, i seen this in the forums awhile back so ive been sticking with it

Man i've never done this sparrring dummy stuff, it used to be so frowned upon too.

By the time i get with the program it will be probably made difficult by future changes....meaning i'll feel like a sucka for not doing it earlier.....doh!

I havent read anything that says this change has taken place yet. Im assuming it hasnt. Am I wrong?

From what I have seen, it isn't implemented.

Man i've never done this sparrring dummy stuff, it used to be so frowned upon too.

By the time i get with the program it will be probably made difficult by future changes....meaning i'll feel like a sucka for not doing it earlier.....doh!

If your sacrificing one or two of your fighter slots to get sparring for your guys...

that frown pales in comparison to the numerous managers who spend 100K per month to run their own 15 person private training facilities.

The only hope is. training with 4 partners isn't so much a deficit as training with 1 - as I think it is.