stats on Sparring back to back sessions.

Everyone knows that if you spar twice in a row without a rest session in between you will be penalized and not get as much improvement from the latter session/s.

well here are my statistics.

first session was saturday morning and i gained

3.465 points in boxing skill.

second session was saturday night and i gained

1.385 points in boxing skill.

if i were to have a rest session in between, then i would have expected to get an improvement of

3.300 points in boxing skill.

now you cannot just divide the numbers and say the penalty was X%, because you have to take into consideration the energy loss from the first session put my fighter at maybe 98% energy. Maybe this is not a considerable amount, maybe its enough to care.

so with my careless math i would say you are penalized by only receiving 40% of the normal gain from a second successive sparring session. a 3rd or 4th may be higher penalty but im not going to figure that out cause i dont need to know. like finding out what a gun shot wound feels like, not interested.

My rather more uneducated mind makes that a loss 60% of original factor as well even including a 2% energy decrease.

read the post again lol. we actually agree if you pay attention.

and yes 1 on 1 sparring (first time for me!) im excited.

Everyone knows that if you spar twice in a row without a rest session in between you will be penalized and not get as much improvement from the latter session/s.

well here are my statistics.

first session was saturday morning and i gained

3.465 points in boxing skill.

second session was saturday night and i gained

1.385 points in boxing skill.

if i were to have a rest session in between, then i would have expected to get an improvement of

3.300 points in boxing skill.

now you cannot just divide the numbers and say the penalty was X%, because you have to take into consideration the energy loss from the first session put my fighter at maybe 98% energy. Maybe this is not a considerable amount, maybe its enough to care.

so with my careless math i would say you are penalized by only receiving 40% of the normal gain from a second successive sparring session. a 3rd or 4th may be higher penalty but im not going to figure that out cause i dont need to know. like finding out what a gun shot wound feels like, not interested.

My rather more uneducated mind makes that a loss 60% of original factor as well even including a 2% energy decrease.

read the post again lol. we actually agree if you pay attention.

and yes 1 on 1 sparring (first time for me!) im excited.

What? He said the loss was 60% and you said 40%. Sounds like he read your post just fine.