Matt Hamill fought with Staph Infection

http://www.fightopinion.com/2010/06/19/ufc-controversy/

Judges at the UFC show got monitors tonight… but the controversy continues; Update: Spot on Matt Hamill’s back was due to staph infection

By Zach Arnold | June 19, 2010

From Ben Fowlkes:

Thing on Hamill’s back? Staph infection. He just confirmed it. Going on antibiotics tomorrow, he says. Gotta wonder how the NSAC didn’t catch that. Actually, he may have said it was a “sterilized staph infection.” Was kind of tough to understand him. He said he didn’t know he had it. He didn’t say when he found out about it, though. See, that’s what I wonder. How did he get through medicals with that thing?

From Ben’s AOL report:

The red mark on Hamill’s back was a staph infection that he didn’t know he had. He plans to begin an antibiotic regiment on Sunday, he said as he pulled up his shirt to show off the wound, which resulted in a low groan from the media. “It just winked at me,” quipped Leben.

There’s no excuses for the NSAC allowing Hamill to fight with this. None. Another controversy involving Keith Kizer’s crew. This may be worse than Forrest Griffin fighting Tito Ortiz last November with a broken foot.

Think about Court McGee and Kris McCray, who fought in that cage after Hamill’s fight. Think about Keith Jardine, who bled during that fight. This is a major health and safety issue. Staph infections are nothing to mess with.

I was wondering what that was... Too bad Jardine smeared a pint of his own blood all over Hamill's body. :yuck:

Ugh, yeah. If I was Jardine I would rush to the hospital ASAP. I would of freaked out. Also I would call a lawyer against the NSAC...

you may want to update your link, its not working.

and if you have seen someone in a secluded room getting their lungs drained for a week nonstop because of MRSA, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, an antibiotic resistant staph infection then you start to understand the dangers.

just read that Monsanto dumped their genetically engineered versions of four newly-created species of bacteria into European sewer systems. Creating MRSA?

http://www.rense.com/general79/dnre.htm

Yeah they are nasty, I've had 4. They come part of the parcel of me being spinal injured, I'm prone to a lot of infections. They are most lethal when they enter a cut or something like that.

Yeah they are nasty, I've had 4. They come part of the parcel of me being spinal injured, I'm prone to a lot of infections. They are most lethal when they enter a cut or something like that.

Or when you inject it on your arteries... With something... like... I dunno...

ROIDS INJECTION, maybe?

lets see what the rouge of the week has to say about staph infections

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.mmafighting.com/media/2010/04/chaelsonnenqanda.jpg

-- "Have we all had it with this 'I got a staph infection?' That's like the new thing -- I would be embarrassed if I didn't have a staph infection. You know what a staph infection is? It means you've been working out on a mat. For goodness sake you should always want to have a staph infection. But I tell you what, when Aug. 7 rolls around, I may have one of these mysterious staph infections,I will have something on me will hurt, I will not feel good, but when my music hits those speakers, I'll make that walk and I'll answer for everything I've ever said."

lets see what the rouge of the week has to say about staph infections

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.mmafighting.com/media/2010/04/chaelsonnenqanda.jpg

-- "Have we all had it with this 'I got a staph infection?' That's like the new thing -- I would be embarrassed if I didn't have a staph infection. You know what a staph infection is? It means you've been working out on a mat. For goodness sake you should always want to have a staph infection. But I tell you what, when Aug. 7 rolls around, I may have one of these mysterious staph infections,I will have something on me will hurt, I will not feel good, but when my music hits those speakers, I'll make that walk and I'll answer for everything I've ever said."

I've had a bunch of these. 20 years of wrestling, bjj, and mma will do that. No big deal. I'm willing to bet that they asked Keith Jardine if he had a problem with it. And he probably said no, because it's not that big of a deal. The horror stories you hear are from people that waited way too long to get it treated. The atmosphere where I'm from is: if you have something, try to cover it up, because you HAVE to fight. If we heard that Hammill pulled out of the fight because of this, I think he would be flamed even worse. Anyone that says otherwise has never had one.

I hope you are not confusing Ring Worm(a form of staph) with what Hamill had. I had a Dr come in my work yesterday. She is supervisor over the local hospital. She couldnt believe they let him fight. She said Staph like that can only be treated and they will always have it and Jardines chances of getting it are very high. She also said the problem with this type of Staph is it developes a resistance to the medicine they use to treat it. In the ends its very dangerous stuff even when treated.

I wash my dogi once/six months. Never had it. Don't remember any case in my dojo.

Horses have staph bacteries naturally in their mouth and skin. So do dogs... And a high number of other animals... We have some species of staph as a natural population in our respiratory system. You don't see horse creators with staph infections...

Plus, staph bacteries externally, in your skin, is one case. Staphs on your blood are a different and much worse case.

Its proven staph infections rates have been rising very fast in injectable drugs and roids users.

But if you guys want to see something REALLY nasty and disturbing, google for "miíase penis"

I hope you are not confusing Ring Worm(a form of staph) with what Hamill had. I had a Dr come in my work yesterday. She is supervisor over the local hospital. She couldnt believe they let him fight. She said Staph like that can only be treated and they will always have it and Jardines chances of getting it are very high. She also said the problem with this type of Staph is it developes a resistance to the medicine they use to treat it. In the ends its very dangerous stuff even when treated.

um...no. And have you always done everything your doctor tells you? I think I would have missed half my fights had my doctor had anything to say about it. Don't believe everything you hear. And what's wrong with ringworm? It's pretty.

um...no. And have you always done everything your doctor tells you? I think I would have missed half my fights had my doctor had anything to say about it. Don't believe everything you hear. And what's wrong with ringworm? It's pretty.

Including crap comments on the forums?