Different fighter starting balance for each city

Hi everyone, I have noticed over the last few weeks that im having a horrible time trying to hire new fighters for my org.

Previously, I could delve into the vast "needs contract" list, pick out a whole bunch of fighters, make contract offers and usually get a handful of them to sign. Recently though, (in Rio at least) it seems that the unsigned fighters just aren't there. And the ones that are there all get snapped up by bigger orgs that are able to offer bigger contracts. I am wondering, is this being caused by the recent change where new managers are shown that they will get more money if they create their fighter in a different city?

I believe the reasoning behind the change was to help the smaller cities to grow, and im sure St Petes and Sydney are probably now doing quite well because of this. But has anyone else noticed a side effect to this being that there just aren't enough fighters available in the bigger cities now? Have we, instead of helping the smaller cities grow, actually just stopped growth of the larger cities by diverting fighters elsewhere?

Surely I am not the only org owner to have noticed this. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has seen a similar trend, or to just hear other peoples opinions on it!

I am not an org owner but I have been wondering the same thing. I think it was a good idea, but maybe just 50 dollar difference between each location. I mean I wonder what the stats are on new players joining and going to the 500/600 dollar areas... I just don't think that many people will choose them anymore when they can get 1500 somewhere else. As well, it does not make it clear enough that hey, you might want to put your guys in Sydney now cause you get 1500, BUT please keep in mind that just to fly out of there is going to cost you thousands of dollars! And to change a players base costs even more many thousands of dollars. I have a fighter stuck in Sydney now cause I didn't know that.... Also I have sour grapes because when most of my fighters started, they only got 500... Shouldn't they be compensated? 1000 dollars is a lot of money to a new manager/fighter... But that is not my main point, my main point is like yours - Is this screwing up the big cities too much?

well it could be but on the other hand its helping the smaller cities get a few more fighters which they needed -- the reason for it being put in -- of course its gonna hurt some but it was done to try and balance out some -- one problem with bigger cities like your in though is orgs offering crazy money and signing fighters quickly

Have we, instead of helping the smaller cities grow, actually just stopped growth of the larger cities by diverting fighters elsewhere?

Yes. That was the intention. Offering more money wasn't going to make more people start playing the game. New fighters are being diverted from large cities to small cities that is the exact thing that is supposed to happen. I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Hi everyone, I have noticed over the last few weeks that im having a horrible time trying to hire new fighters for my org.

Previously, I could delve into the vast "needs contract" list, pick out a whole bunch of fighters, make contract offers and usually get a handful of them to sign. Recently though, (in Rio at least) it seems that the unsigned fighters just aren't there. And the ones that are there all get snapped up by bigger orgs that are able to offer bigger contracts. I am wondering, is this being caused by the recent change where new managers are shown that they will get more money if they create their fighter in a different city?

I believe the reasoning behind the change was to help the smaller cities to grow, and im sure St Petes and Sydney are probably now doing quite well because of this. But has anyone else noticed a side effect to this being that there just aren't enough fighters available in the bigger cities now? Have we, instead of helping the smaller cities grow, actually just stopped growth of the larger cities by diverting fighters elsewhere?

Surely I am not the only org owner to have noticed this. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has seen a similar trend, or to just hear other peoples opinions on it!

Rio is packed with fight orgs past the point of absurdity. The whole reason for this was to even the cities out and thin the herd a bit in over crowded placess.

Some orgs in Rio are likely to die from it, but that is a good thing.

Should be a fighter cap put on orgs. Maximum allowed fighters of 150. Rio with the 1 org having over 300 fighters, that just makes no sense.

Should be a fighter cap put on orgs. Maximum allowed fighters of 150. Rio with the 1 org having over 300 fighters, that just makes no sense.

300 is a lot of fighters but if he is running enough shows to keep the fighters busy then its fine -- if not then the fighters will see this and get tired of it and not resign or sign any of their other fighters there -- being big is fine as long as you keep managers and fighters active -- plus with a lot of managers or fighters not being active game wise sometimes you end up with what looks like a lot of fighters but once you look deeper its not as many as it looks like because a lot of them are inactive

I am not an org owner but I have been wondering the same thing. I think it was a good idea, but maybe just 50 dollar difference between each location. I mean I wonder what the stats are on new players joining and going to the 500/600 dollar areas... I just don't think that many people will choose them anymore when they can get 1500 somewhere else. As well, it does not make it clear enough that hey, you might want to put your guys in Sydney now cause you get 1500, BUT please keep in mind that just to fly out of there is going to cost you thousands of dollars! And to change a players base costs even more many thousands of dollars. I have a fighter stuck in Sydney now cause I didn't know that.... Also I have sour grapes because when most of my fighters started, they only got 500... Shouldn't they be compensated? 1000 dollars is a lot of money to a new manager/fighter... But that is not my main point, my main point is like yours - Is this screwing up the big cities too much?

???

What are you talking about, man? You joined the 18th of June, and this has been in place for months. Not to mention that all of your fighters in this account are based in LA.

???

What are you talking about, man? You joined the 18th of June, and this has been in place for months. Not to mention that all of your fighters in this account are based in LA.

Well.. that seems... Odd.

Just saying.

The creation of new fighters is something of a zero sum game. There are only so many managers, and they can only create so many fighters. They have to put them in one city, so the extra cash incentives make it so that fewer people go in the big, established cities and more go in the smaller, now growing cities. This is a good thing and the exact intended goal of the change. For the record, I run an org in Rio and don't mind the change. I have noticed the dearth of unsigned fighters, and I'm dealing as best I can but it's better than having megalopolises and ghost towns.

I do understand that this is what was intended to happen. But it seems to me that helping other cities to grow shouldn't be done at the expense of other small orgs.

Despite this, I cant actually think of a *better* way to help smaller cities out... so I think im just going to have to put up with it, and start splashing the cash a bit more!

I run an org in Rio, and haven't really noticed much difference @ all. There are less new managers messaging me for contracts, but on any given day there are @ least 100 free agents that are still active. But if there are in fact less new managers choosing Rio & Vegas, GOOD! Sydney needs all the help it can get, and St Pete isn't much better.