real world

I hadn't watched the RW in a couple of years, but I noticed last night was the first episode of a new season, so I decided to tune in for the last half hour, and I realized why I don't watch that show anymore.

Real World is widely recognized as beginning the popular "reality" show trend in America. It started what seems like 20 years ago, and at the time, really was groundbreaking and very popular. One of the seasons (I want to say it was Season 3) featured this gay guy, Pedro, who had AIDS and another housemate Puck, the proverbial "bad boy" of the cast, really conflicting. The audience really connected with the horrible story of this nice guy dying and this asshole being "skeeved" by him and making him feel like shit. Eventually, the housemates voted to kick Puck out of the house (and this wasn't like Big Brother where people got kicked out) and Pedro died. It was National news. That season probably was responsible for establishing the show in American teenage culture.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I actually tried out for that show about 9 years ago - got invited for a few follow-up interviews, but eventually didn't make the final cast.

poor you... thank fuck BB is dead in this country after this season.

(my sister actualy managed to get to the final interviews for a season one year... lol, dislike that show so much).

• 2 weeks later...

the Seattle, New Orleans, Hawaii, and New York seasons were actually pretty good..after that, the show just began focusing on getting trannies and ppl with serious issues on the show

I hate 90% of reality TV shows, the complete saturation if it and huge numbers of D list, talentless celebs it has made is very annoying.

But yes i remember the 'real world' i think that one used to air on MTV over here, it was the first ever significant reality show i believe.

I've only seen one Cops episode where the guy got away it's my favorite

My favorite is the one where the cop breaks the windows in a house to tell the owner their house is on fire. It was the wrong house.

Everybody hates the show and everybody watches it and wants to be on it. It's hard to earn a spot on the show unless you're a pregnant homeless gay tranny midget slut with HIV, a meth addiction and a nickname like "the situation".

My favorite is the one where the cop breaks the windows in a house to tell the owner their house is on fire. It was the wrong house.

wow that made me laugh pretty hard.

Everybody hates the show and everybody watches it and wants to be on it. It's hard to earn a spot on the show unless you're a pregnant homeless gay tranny midget slut with HIV, a meth addiction and a nickname like "the situation".

Speaking of, how is your mom Steeve?

Speaking of, how is your mom Steeve?

Maybe she is a retired business woman in real estate, speaks 5 language, graduated cum laude from law school and now owns a villa in Corfu, Greece we're she goes every two months to enjoy the sun. Or, for all you know she died two years ago from cancer. I'm glad that you stepped off the idea of saying something intelligent instead of acting like a child with name calling. It's all about knowing your limits. Don't worry, nothing you say has any effect on me whatsoever. You lack the mental tools to say anything of value to me.

Maybe she is a retired business woman in real estate, speaks 5 language, graduated cum laude from law school and now owns a villa in Corfu, Greece we're she goes every two months to enjoy the sun. Or, for all you know she died two years ago from cancer. I'm glad that you stepped off the idea of saying something intelligent instead of acting like a child with name calling. It's all about knowing your limits. Don't worry, nothing you say has any effect on me whatsoever. You lack the mental tools to say anything of value to me.

mom joke>your inferiority complex