rest a day before a fight

jonbonesjones

would u say its a good idea

It is good to have 100 energy when the fight starts. that is all. Do not train the last session before your fight, and be rested enough to have 100% energy at that time.

Still while its a good frickin idea it isnt the death of you if you can still make weight, had a guy just scrape makeing weight on one of my events @ about 40% energy and he still won ... i would never recommend it , but it isnt an automatic loss, it just puts you in an up hill battle.

I once had a fight against an opponent with ridiculaously low energy (about 2% I think). The prematch commentary said something like "Wake up son, you're about to have a fight". The fight was over in 22 seconds. I know this is an extreme case, but it shows that lower energy will affect a fight. Rest as much as it takes before a fight to get as close to 100% as you can.

I've trained right up to fight day leaving one session for rest in order to pop a crucial secondary and won that fight.

But It's a good idea to be at 100% energy for a fight.

Leave no factor unaccounted for.