1. 1. Vote

• Jigoro Kane
    • Lee Villa
    • Draw

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a very interesting matchup. you got the young fighter looking to make his move at the top spot in his natural weight class while the most dominant fighter in tycoon has moved up 2 weight classes and has been very successful with it. kanes journey is comparable to what roy jones did in his day but even more dominant. we still havent quite figured out what villa is capable of quite yet but this is a great test to see what the future holds for mma tycoon and the future of the p4p list. very very interesting

For this game, yes. I seem to notice most fighters, at 26 do not learn much, and they usually seem to fade a bit.

I agree to an extent, but I think as the game progresses this is becoming less and less the case. The Average level of training is only getting better in the Tycooniverse, secondaries and primaries. Couple that with the frequency of Project Fighters and I believe we're about to see fighters start pushing a lot deeper into the late 20's- Early 30's and still dominating. With how efficiently and effectively Luke handles his guys I definitely think Jigoro could be the beginning of this generation of Fighters with Longevity.

BUT...

...I think that reign of longevity is going to have to happen AFTER Lee Villa pushes his shit in. :P

For this game, yes. I seem to notice most fighters, at 26 do not learn much, and they usually seem to fade a bit.

u dont need to learn much more than elite boxing. =)

if they're already a badass, they'll most likely remain abadass since decay hasn't been factored in yet and when it does get factored in, it prolly wont start at 26. to say that fighters be falling off or getting old at 26 when there's so few fighters of this age (with massive skills like kane) is ridiculous.

More well rounded striking game by Villa will be the difference I think. Kane is a beast but how long can this streak go if he is already 26 years old. I think it will be the passing of a torch here.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he doesn't have a more rounded striking game. Just my educated guess and if you knew what I did, you'd likely agree with me.

B)

Guest nunnker

damn!!!!! who can beat Kane????? I also thought Carver, Gonzalez, and Villa would beat Kane but man he is the Silva of MMATycoon.. whos next for him? Jin Sen is my guess? The question is though, is Sen even a challenge for Kane at this point??

With top four p4p being Daigle's guys, how can he STILL not be no. 1 ranked manager. I'd say Mike should take another look at the manager ranking algorithm.

With top four p4p being Daigle's guys, how can he STILL not be no. 1 ranked manager. I'd say Mike should take another look at the manager ranking algorithm.

Because the level of competition isn't weighted as heavily as it should be. You have managers in the top 10 with no fighters in any of the major orgs because they go off an can crush in the D-leagues.

The rankings system for fighters and managers could be tweaked to better consider strength of opponents. It's too easy right now to get a fighter to decent hype by just can crushing other useless fighters. It's an unreasonable way to build rank.

Not to pick on anyone, but take TDC/Blitz champ James Tobin, the #7 p4p ranked fighter in the game. Yes, he's 16-0. Which is awesome. But he's never faced anyone with an ID below 37500 and his most recent win had a a peak primary of Strong who, furthermore, was fighting a weight class up.

Does anyone really think Tobin is the 7th best fighter in the game? No, he's not even the #7 WW in the game. Hell, he may not even be a top 7 WW in an org with a lot of elite fighters.

But it goes to show that you can create a hugely hyped fighter with the boxing mentalty of grooming fighters under the current Tycoon rankings system. I'm sure Mike will get to it eventually though.