Jigoro Kane vs Lee Villa

Who will win ?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Jigoro Kane
    • Lee Villa
    • Draw

With top four p4p being Daigle's guys, how can he STILL not be no. 1 ranked manager. I'd say Mike should take another look at the manager ranking algorithm.

Three of those guys will be in action in title fights during the CFC's 18-Month Weekend Celebration shows.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just having high hype doesn't mean that the fighter is all that good. It's just hype. Like in real life too. Some fighters are hyped really high, and they end up exposed as mediocre when they face someone real good.

Yea but the hints before fights and on TotT never really seem to hint at Kane having great hiddens and judging by the low morale loss of Villa he can't have had much of a confidence advantage if any.

I would imagine they both have enough fights and can't see how heart would play into it before one guy was already losing but it's possible. If I had to bet on something I would go with secondaries before sliders or hiddens though.

I would imagine they both have enough fights and can't see how heart would play into it before one guy was already losing but it's possible. If I had to bet on something I would go with secondaries before sliders or hiddens though.

Wolfys top-fighters are just like end-bosses right now ... Wolfys an incredible slider poker-player and his guys got great training for a long time now and the skills-advantage over most fighters anyway. i think Villa doesnt have more tools than Jigoro but he has enough to beat him, but he would need Avon or someone setting the sliders :D ... my thought-process of going for clinchwork (which i have barely an idea of) in hopes of surprising Wolfy & Jigo and not staying with bread and butter stand-up was imo the deciding factor in Villa getting knocked out by Jigo ... hell Jigo countered a clinchattempt into the punch that rocked Villa. Kane beat a lesson into Villa - so id say it was a positive experience, id recommend getting beat up by Kane ^-^

Not to pick on anyone, but take TDC/Blitz champ James Tobin, the #7 p4p ranked fighter in the game. Yes, he's 16-0. Which is awesome. But he's never faced anyone with an ID below 37500 and his most recent win had a a peak primary of Strong who, furthermore, was fighting a weight class up.

Well, he'll be facing Magnum PI soon (the #3 WW), so we'll definitely know if he can hang at the top level then.

With top four p4p being Daigle's guys, how can he STILL not be no. 1 ranked manager. I'd say Mike should take another look at the manager ranking algorithm.

Having gone 0-5 against Luke Daigle (and I think I'm pretty decent at this game), I can get behind this.

The rankings system for fighters and managers could be tweaked to better consider strength of opponents. It's too easy right now to get a fighter to decent hype by just can crushing other useless fighters. It's an unreasonable way to build rank.

Not to pick on anyone, but take TDC/Blitz champ James Tobin, the #7 p4p ranked fighter in the game. Yes, he's 16-0. Which is awesome. But he's never faced anyone with an ID below 37500 and his most recent win had a a peak primary of Strong who, furthermore, was fighting a weight class up.

Does anyone really think Tobin is the 7th best fighter in the game? No, he's not even the #7 WW in the game. Hell, he may not even be a top 7 WW in an org with a lot of elite fighters.

But it goes to show that you can create a hugely hyped fighter with the boxing mentalty of grooming fighters under the current Tycoon rankings system. I'm sure Mike will get to it eventually though.

true...my guy deblunt. the main reason i signed him to ur org was to expose to myself that it was false hype (cuz i know his total points, hype and learn speed) and was i ever right.

Well, he'll be facing Magnum PI soon (the #3 WW), so we'll definitely know if he can hang at the top level then.

And that's great, but it shouldn't take 17 fights for someone to face their first real challenge ;)

true...my guy deblunt. the main reason i signed him to ur org was to expose to myself that it was false hype (cuz i know his total points, hype and learn speed) and was i ever right.

I don't know, going 2-2 in the CFC is nothing to be ashamed of. I'd say goin 2-2 in the CFC is better than going 4-0 in all but probably 10 other orgs in the entire game. You lost to one of Luke D's guys (no shame in that), and then you lost to one of Adolf's guys. Both of those guys are former #1 ranked managers in the game and both currently within the top 15. On top of that, you knocked out Amy D's top heavyweight - who should have been a bad match-up for you with the disparity in wrestling.

So all in all, you're obviously doing something right.

And that's great, but it shouldn't take 17 fights for someone to face their first real challenge ;)

how dare you ...

since i found out about Tobin i found it sad how an org with 4-5 mio in the bank restricts itself to not bring in anyone even close to dangerous to face him. what the fuck have yall been doing not having him face anyone to be quite honest. thats just another case of someone bullshitting his way to the top, taking away from managers who actually challenge themselves and do it right.

i get that that manager is good friends with TDC owner etc. but there comes a point when it just makes the game look bad.