DREAM 9 *SPOILER* DISCUSSION

Good start with wins over Chase Beebe and Kid Yamamoto an?

He and Bibiano are the favorite to win this, but if there's someone to bet now, I'd pick Joe Warren!

And NC? SCREW THAT! Was an ILLEGAL KICK! JASON SAW AND KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING..AND THAT WAS A NC?

Seriously, FEG sucks...hard!

Anyway, Dream 10 seems to be a good card, Paulo Filho x Melvin (Filho will go down, badly), Jason x Jacaré III, and another fight that they said but I dont remember now..

Filho MUST be crazy to be fighting Manhoef in the shape he's in...

And, yeah, just about the time I get completely fed up with the American government's regulation of fight sports -- FEG goes and shows why it's completely neccessary.

Joe Warren. The guy that defeated Kid Yamamoto by decision in Japan with only 5 months MMA training. How good is this guy going to be in 2 years? How good is he going to be when he learns effective G&P technique and how to actually check a leg kick? God I love MMA!

I wasn't that surprised by Kid losing. Long layoff, fighting a guy who, on paper, was a vastly superior wrestler...it had the makings of a potential upset. Obviously surprising, but to me it's hardly the shocking calamity they sort of made it out to be on the broadcast.

Thank you for spoiler alerts. I have plans to see this on friday on the re air and will be avoiding the thread like a bad cliche.

Why are you posting here if you are avoiding spoilers lol :)

super hulk tournament winers

HMC by submission (strikes)

Sokodjou by tko

Mousasi by arm lock

Minowaman by leg lock

I think the the Jose Canseco vs Hong Man Choi fight is a fight of the year candidate imo lol awesome fight

but that Warren fight was real good

Given that Joe Warren has only been training for 5 months... you really might not want to see a rematch after another year of improvement from Joe Warren!

Now that is something I can get behind! :D

Always good to see you post again WD lol :graduated:

I only watched the opening minutes but to me Kid did look smaller to Warren, so many 135 would be a smart choice for Kid right now, espically if the rumors of him and Dana talking are true. But even like his stance seemed off. It was more of a muay thai stance when he should of have took what I like to call the "hendo" stance. Lower right down, hips back and just wing punches lol

Always good to see you post again WD lol :graduated:

I only watched the opening minutes but to me Kid did look smaller to Warren, so many 135 would be a smart choice for Kid right now, espically if the rumors of him and Dana talking are true. But even like his stance seemed off. It was more of a muay thai stance when he should of have took what I like to call the "hendo" stance. Lower right down, hips back and just wing punches lol

Kid is from a lighter division that this Tournament happened.. he bulked up or just didn't cut weight

Kid vs Torres in WEC? Please?

Also, Tokoro-Cullum was a great match.

Very disappointed about NC. Fan of both of them, but Miller will win if Jacare will not adjust his game.

Great card but the Mayhem and Jacare fight was anti-climatic. Mayhem didn't look good either.

More good news: Massive 16.2% rating for DREAM.9 helped by the lead in from Daisuke Naito's boxing match.

was a great show. a bit of everything, even a no-contest due to blood on tv/"accidental foul"-combination ;).

wasnt surprised at Kid losing. Kid wouldve done great against any of the other participants, but not against this freakish little american.

Agree with everything your post. I was totally entertained by this card and my only disappointment was the last fight. (To which we'll get to see a true bad blood match after the ending)

Super Hulk FTW!!!!!

And, yeah, just about the time I get completely fed up with the American government's regulation of fight sports -- FEG goes and shows why it's completely neccessary.

:D

Yeah, that remembers me when Burns won a TKO victory in the UFC after he destroyed an eye of Johnson with a eye poke not too long ago. That's completely neccessary.

I was so stoked to see Kid back in the ring. I'm a massive "nut hugger", to use the parlance of our times, of Kid. But Joe Warren was unstoppable.

I would probably weep giant tears of joy if Kid signed with WEC. I think at 145 he would dominate. Faber and Brown ain't got nothing on him.

War Kid Yamamoto!!