Fighter Templates for QFC-matches

A problem with the QFC's has been finding opponents within a decent timeframe.

My suggestion would be to make fighter NPC's that take on fighters from RL managers when they want to QFC.

It would work something like this:

RL-fighter has a total of 1132 points (prim / sec / physical) and decides to take on a QFC-fight.

The engine provides an opponent with an amount of points between -15% and +15% (chosen randomly) of the 1132 points spread (semi-randomly) over all areas with a slider setup chosen from (say) a dozen possible templates.

Let's say there are 4 basic fighter models, with each 3 modifiers:

1) Boxer

1.1) Agressive Combo Brawler

1.2) Single Punch Counter Striker

1.3) Dirty Boxer

2) Muay Thai

2.1) Agressive Combination (punches/kicks) Striker

2.2) Single Strike Counter Striker

2.3) Clinchwarrior

3) Wrestler

3.1) Agressive Takedown Ground 'n' Pounder

3.2) Counter Takedown Lay 'n' Pray

3.3) Cageclincher

4) BJJ

4.1) Clinch/Pull Guard

4.2) Counter Takedown/Trip Submissions

4.3) ....?

So a fighter has signed up to a QFC.

The engine chooses randomly between any of these templates.

It then places an amount of points (between +15% and -15% of the RL fighters total points) in all categories, but with certain percentages to benefit necessary skills for that template.

For example:

The engine chooses the dirty boxer template, so it puts more points in boxing / wrestling / condition / strength / punches / clinchwork / tddef than any of the others, by certain percentages.

Disclaimer: This just popped into my head for no apparant reason. If it is obvious that this would be hell to program and implement, then by all means, shoot this down. This is also true if this is absurd for another apparant reason that I missed.

Damn. Someone had a little time on their hands to think all of this out.

Genius idea and I would love to see that implemented, but I doubt it will be. Hopefully Mike will take a look at that and see what he can do.

If this was implemented, I don't think that the opponent should have exactly as many points as you, as this isn't really what happens in the QFC. Instead, it should be within, say, 15%, decided randomly. So if your guy had 1000 points, your opponent could have anything in the range of 850-1150. This would kinda recreate the tiers of the QFC.

I quite like the idea, it would be nice to have a matchup where you are guaranteed someone around your level.

One of the templates should also be Mixed Martial Artist in my opinion for someone who is decent in all areas.

Perhaps there could even be a way that Retired fighters make up the opponents instead of going off to the Bahamas. They simply join the QFC league instead and fight people in their bracket.

I like the idea of it being 15% either way as well instead of being matched against someone with exactly the same number of points as you every time.

If this was implemented, I don't think that the opponent should have exactly as many points as you, as this isn't really what happens in the QFC. Instead, it should be within, say, 15%, decided randomly. So if your guy had 1000 points, your opponent could have anything in the range of 850-1150. This would kinda recreate the tiers of the QFC.

This seems very reasonable.

Adding it to the OP.

Thing with this is it sounds like you'd be giving the QFC opponant a pretty large chance of winning, almost 50/50. And while QFC's shouldn't be easy. This game is hard enough to gain hype and pop so a way of getting hype/pop out of the game is not a good idea imo.

Thing with this is it sounds like you'd be giving the QFC opponant a pretty large chance of winning, almost 50/50. And while QFC's shouldn't be easy. This game is hard enough to gain hype and pop so a way of getting hype/pop out of the game is not a good idea imo.

I'd argue that fighting NPC-opponents will not give hype/pop. Just a way to earn some (read: a very small amount) quick cash and getting to know your fighters hiddens / test sliders.

I really do like the original posters idea.

also some possibly nonsense ideas by me are

A. put all weight classes together for qfc fights (sounds artificial but if you look deeper it.. ok it just looks non realistic nevermind.)

B. all 185lb and 205lb go into once class for qfc (along with other weight classes just double htem up) catchweights happen al lthe time, especially with many fighters not making weight with smaller promotions.

C. combine nearest cities to one qfc. Ie: los angeles + Vegas have one combined qfc, hawaii + australia, NY +montreal, amsterdam and london, helsinki and st petersburg.

D. I would love to fight computer generated opponents!

• 5 months later...
I'd argue that fighting NPC-opponents will not give hype/pop. Just a way to earn some (read: a very small amount) quick cash and getting to know your fighters hiddens / test sliders.

I was behind you right up until here.

I was behind you right up until here.

Maybe they could gain hype/pop until a certain point. I just want to avoid someone spamming QFC-wins until he's top of the hype-chain...

Maybe they could gain hype/pop until a certain point. I just want to avoid someone spamming QFC-wins until he's top of the hype-chain...
That's how it works now.
Limitations

Not every fighter is allowed to take a quick fight. Your fighter;

* Must have hype of less than 75.

* Must not be signed to one of the proper fight orgs.

Not sure I'm a fan of the idea but if it's done consider that a builds with more but lower skills should have more total skill points than builds with a few high skills.

Edit: Which also means the game has to keep in mind if the real fighter has skill points spread over many or focused in few skills.

That's how it works now.

Seems like we're on the same page then :)

Not sure I'm a fan of the idea but if it's done consider that a builds with more but lower skills should have more total skill points than builds with a few high skills.

Edit: Which also means the game has to keep in mind if the real fighter has skill points spread over many or focused in few skills.

I'd prefer a system where certain percentages of total points are spent in skills that are important for that build..

I'd prefer a system where certain percentages of total points are spent in skills that are important for that build..

My point is that if a build has a broader skill set it should have more total points. Getting a skill from useless to wond is nowhere near the same time investment as getting 3 skills from wond to elite but it still adds the same amount of points to the total skill points.

- Thread Necro -

Could this be moved to the Improvements section please?

Also some more suggestions / criticism is greatly appreciated.

Thread moved due to this request.

However I have an issue with the idea. For this to happen, a much harder limit would be required on QFC's as all systems can be worked around (no matter how good) and after some time there would be a chance of people farming results. I know in theory that you are facing differing templates but came planning around this would be possible even with a few possibilities.

NPC is a very good idea since MMATycoon has a good engine. I assume the NPC fighters will have random hidden then and of course, their intelligence will largely affect their ability inside the ring? But since this is like...total NPC, I suggest a minimum intelligence of maybe 75, just so we don't have a boxer comes out and try to wrestle an opponent with zero clinchwork and takedown because he has like...1 in intelligence. The template slider setup is an option but well, everyone will know what to do when the same slider setup are used again and again, so I think good intelligence + 100% SHIG will make for a better(and more realistic) simulation since some fighters are just dumb fuck while some are very good at deciding what to do on the go.

Or have a default slider setting for every template but make it 50% SHIG so there's variety in every fight.