Issues with Unanimous Decisions

Ok, so before anyone starts throwing out the customary arguments that I am just inept at using the sliders, or my skills suck because I'm new, that still doesn't make up for the fact that there is NO WAY inferior competition should continually pull out unanimous decisions.

I adjust all of my sliders to counter my opponent, obviously I can't see their sliders so it could be a guessing game, but seriously, 5 of 6 fights end in unanimous decisions and I get damn near dominated in all of them, in the exact ways I adjusted the sliders to avoid? Bullshit.

The Scout Tool clearly showed that most of my fighters were superior in 2 if not 3 of the 4 key abilities and each of those skills were either competent or respectable against a woeful or feeble opponent. Yet, no where on the fight cards does it show that my fighters throw more punches, even when I set them to aggressively do so. None of my fighters stuff takedowns, even though I have competent skill in takedown defense??

Are the sliders broken? Because if adjusting the sliders to attempt a gameplan completely fails, why even adjust them at at all? Why not just leave them set in the middle? Because trying to make a boxer box, turns into a guy with take down def get taken down numerous times and the fight looks like im just a fat guy who cant get off of the ground, when I set all of my sliders to get up. Come the hell on.

Either I'm just a real idiot, or the sliders are junk, the Scout Tool is misleading, if not entirely false. Because there is no way a guy in the real world with solid takedown def, and excellent striking would never throw a punch, combo, or stuff a takedown over 3 rounds of action.

This really irritates the shit out of me, and I really dont want to wait 4 or 5 months to get my guys into a fight. I want to fight them early against reasonable competition and expect that if my fights are superior, and follow the gameplan that a win would be more than 2 of 6 fights.

So these are guys you created 3 days ago? How are they possibly "superior" to anyone.? The scout tool doesn't show you the other 15 abilities you know?

Your probably playing the wrong game.

The fact you think you have figured out the sliders since you joined on 8/5/10 and it takes many of us months to fully grasp all the intracies of tactics regarding sliders, means anything we say will be met with a rebuttle.

Your argument would make more sense if I was matched up with someone with a record 5 or more fights, and had skills developed to such a degree that I would be nothing more than a tomato can.

But against fighters who would appear at the very least as new as my own fighters with at least as much inexperience as myself, it just doesnt seem like an equitable distribution of the points that were used to create the fighters.

And again, the fact that even the most casual of disaggrements is met with nothing more than "Hey NooB, shut your face and wait 4 months until you RANDOMLY UNDERSTAND all of the Intricacies of this game" is more than a little insulting.

Your argument would make more sense if I was matched up with someone with a record 5 or more fights, and had skills developed to such a degree that I would be nothing more than a tomato can.

But against fighters who would appear at the very least as new as my own fighters with at least as much inexperience as myself, it just doesnt seem like an equitable distribution of the points that were used to create the fighters.

And again, the fact that even the most casual of disaggrements is met with nothing more than "Hey NooB, shut your face and wait 4 months until you RANDOMLY UNDERSTAND all of the Intricacies of this game" is more than a little insulting.

Randomly understand? Really? Okay dude take a deep breathe and relax. Please explain to me how playing a game, learning how things work, learning good fighter builds, and correct your mistakes is RANDOMLY UNDERSTANDING?

For one, like it has been pointed out in the other thread you made, you've been playing for not even 5 days. Did you read the slider wiki page? Did you train their cardio up to wonderful? Did you read the New Players Guide to Effective fighter building? I know this all may seem random to you but it's really not, dude.

Feel free to come into the chat room and find me and I'll offer you any assistance I can. I know how frustrating it is when you first began and further more how it feels ot lose straight away.

Come to chat and we can get you sorted, bro.

no whats insulting is when a noob ( you )comes in here crying about shit he knows nothing about buts sure it isnt his own dumb ass making noob mistakes . nothing is broken or eef'd up here other than your tycoon game skills stop being a dick because people are razzin you , trust me you deserve it. you dont know anything about this game or you wouldnt have had so many fighters doing qfc's at 1st or if you would of read ( like you said you did ) youd know this.

just for the record your gona suck for a long time until you actually DO read the wiki and forums. by the looks of your fighter builds you havnt read anything. if you think the stronger fighter on paper is going to win every time lol man have you got shit all fkd up. better fighters get beat all the time there called upsets. you need to read and read a lot maybe even watch a few mma fights and watch as the guy who was a 10-1 dog on paper became champ. iv bin here for 18 months and i still do not have the sliders down nor do many others. maybe a few of the top 10 have the sliders sorted but imo most are still working them out . mike tycoon built this game and still doesnt have the sliders figured out so im sure your 3 day knowledge of sliders kinda blows as most of your fighter builds. have a nice day

For all you know the guy you fought had

Wonderful Speed

Wonderful Offensive Takedowns

and what? did you come out over aggressive, so he just countered with the easy takedown over and over. Your probably on follow orders 100% too right?

Was your balance "wonderful" is your takedown defense maxed out? What's your strength compared to his, your speed?

Your acting like this was a game of rock,paper, scissors.

Ok..so, just for clarification then, I'd like to know why it is that when something is superior, at least on paper(I.E. Wiki and NooB guides) that it's looked at as if the inferior skill is somehow equal.

Example: It's been stated that Competent TD Def against Feeble TD Off is equal, or at the very least Competent is not enough to deflect takedowns from someone who has a clearly lower level (in this case Feeble) of the opposing stat.

I'm not trying to jump on the NooB hate bandwagon, because that's crap and there's no reason to be rude, but at the same time if the game is really that nuanced, why even have levels at all?

If this list looks like this:

1 = Awesome

2 = Super

3 = Middle

4 = Crap

Why is it that when I have, lets say, level 3 TD Def(middle), it's looked at the guy with level 4 TD Off(Crap) is the better stat? That appears more than a little counter intuitive. If I have a better skill level of NOT being taken down then your level of being able TO take me down, why does it seem the guy with DEF is almost never going to deflect a takedown?

Obviously I'm omitting Hidden Talents, Secondary Skills and simple luck. I'm speaking purely from a standpoint of one level being better than the other because that's the way the structure looks.

I think the OP was just venting that when it comes to new fighters, waiting for a month or more to get a fight is too long, and that if all you have to look at, skill wise, at a NooB level is just want the Scout Tool or previous fights(if there are any) that it seems like you're getting the crap end of the stick.

Because if my fighter is new new, and his fighter is new, and my stats look better in this category, and yet he beats me by the category I specifically planned against...

...it just doesn't feel right. Losing sucks. He's just trying to find out why.

Chuck 'The' Huevos

Seeing this argument trotted out against ajperok today might be the hardest I have ever laughed at irony.

I can understand your argument but just for the record Takedown Defense is requires more then just the secondary skill. If you truly want to have good Takedown Defense then you have to work on your fighters wrestling as well because Primaries will always generally overcome any Secondaries in this game. I had a Woeful Wrestler with Remarkable Takedown Defense that lost a title fight because he got taken every single round. At the the same time I have a Competent Wrestler with Superb Takedown Defense that can't be taken for shit. Trust me when I say if you wan't your secondaries to really shine make show your Primaries are at the right level.