screw you and your 19 year old Wonderful/Remarkable/Wonderful/Brown Belt fighter

That's an unsustainable way to set up fights in the long run though, you can't keep bad fighters away from the good fighter forever just because they won't have a chance. Sooner or later he has to defend that hype. Obviously at his hype level it doesn't bother many but if someone built a great record and tons of hype fighting cans because he wouldn't stand a chance against good fighters people would start to get upset about that instead.

Thing is, what are you supposed to do if you have a fighter with an ID of 7xxxx or higher, and he's set up against a fighter with a 4 digit ID? Eventually, maybe in a real life year, some of those those can become winnable, because the 4 digit guy is likely older and can't train as fast; and further down the road the 7xxxx fighter should actually have the advantage (which is why I push to make sure aging will eventually occur).

But as of now, the 7xxxx fighter has no chance.

That becomes downright corrupt if the guy with the 4 digit ID is run by the same guy who runs the org or a close buddy.

A few orgs are refusing to sign fighters with ID numbers below a certain point, and I hope that trend catches on, as then fighters can be more universally matched in fairer fights.

I also accepted a somewhat but not horribly unfair fight when the org owner PM'd me that my fighter was ranked in the top 70 of his weight class (something like that) and at that point he didn't feel right shielding him from guys with universally higher primaries. He then gave me three choices. None was a fair fight by primaries, but on the other hand the fighters were 3xxxx fighters, not 1xxxx or 4-digit guys; and I did get to choose which of the three.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Org owners should be looking at fighter IDs in cases of project fighters. And managers of project fighters with only a couple of fights should be aware that they are probably going to fight against guys with 10 fights under their belts already.

I have a fighter in my org that is a young black belt and he's been matched up in back to back fights with opponents that had 19 matches on their resume.

This game isn't for everyone. If you want to be good and you make a fighter today, you probably shouldn't plan on fighting him until around Christmas 2011. It's understandable if you don't want to wait that long.

However, it is what it is. You can decline the fights or you can just plan your fighters for 18 months out, like everyone pretty much does now.

PS-

Don't ever let anyone bully you or give you bullshit about trying to face some 0-0 project fighter who has been training since the time of the pyramids, hype is just that "hype"- unless you are the champion, defending a title, then screw it... do what's best for your fighter. Maybe when your 26 or 27 it will be a different story, but ignore anyone who tells you different... protect your fighters-

This game isn't for everyone. If you want to be good and you make a fighter today, you probably shouldn't plan on fighting him until around Christmas 2011. It's understandable if you don't want to wait that long.

However, it is what it is. You can decline the fights or you can just plan your fighters for 18 months out, like everyone pretty much does now.

PS-

Don't ever let anyone bully you or give you bullshit about trying to face some 0-0 project fighter who has been training since the time of the pyramids, hype is just that "hype"- unless you are the champion, defending a title, then screw it... do what's best for your fighter. Maybe when your 26 or 27 it will be a different story, but ignore anyone who tells you different... protect your fighters-

Don't you think you're being over dramatic? lol

I just looked at his last fight matchup.. Horrible mismatch.

That Org owner should be ashamed of himself.

The matchmaker put the OP's Woeful/Respectable/Strong/Purple against this fighter Sensational/Proficient/Exceptional/Purple which looks to be the org owners own monster.

This is a horrible mismatch that the fewest of you would have accepted, and a plain can feed for hi sown guy.

Didn't many of you castrate AA for this sort of thing, and now you make fun of one of the the victims.....Classy guys!

Or should i say hypocrites!

It's not horrible match making at all !

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=50351 was 4-2 and just lost , while his fighter was 7-1 on a 3 fight win streak in the org and probably a fight away from a title fight

2nd career fight = 16k FID difference.

3rd career fight = 26k FID difference.

By the time of his third fight his opponents had over 35 combined fights.

Both were wins for the newer creation. Point being. FID isn't everything and hard fights make for satisfying wins.

When I see a huge FID overmatch I don't think "what a bullshit match! Fuck, this game! I am taking my ball to the forums for some whine and cheese!" I think, "Fucking A!, it would be awesome to win that shit."

If I lose, so what? At least no one can say that I sucked while fighting cans.

2nd career fight = 16k FID difference.

3rd career fight = 26k FID difference.

By the time of his third fight his opponents had over 35 combined fights.

Both were wins for the newer creation. Point being. FID isn't everything and hard fights make for satisfying wins.

When I see a huge FID overmatch I don't think "what a bullshit match! Fuck, this game! I am taking my ball to the forums for some whine and cheese!" I think, "Fucking A!, it would be awesome to win that shit."

If I lose, so what? At least no one can say that I sucked while fighting cans.

yeah, and I won this fight...

79708 vs 1415

and plenty of other bullshit 50K difference fights.

However, I lost a couple like that too- and it's not worth the loss.

Jander66--

Overdramatic? Why... if your going to sit an 18 year old out, why would you ever bring him back before 24 or so? You can still get some good training in at 22 and 23. You'll still have plenty of time to have a full career. If you going to hold a guy out 9 months real life, what's another 6-8?

Until there is any reason to fight why go half way? Thats my plan

yeah, and I won this fight...

79708 vs 1415

and plenty of other bullshit 50K difference fights.

This is exactly the point we keep making. You don't need to wait until 2011. That is why when you make these sweeping statements, they get challenged. Why would you make them when your own record utterly contradicts your own point?

If losing a couple of fights is enough to make someone quit the game then why not simply introduce AI fighters so everyone can win every match? It is nonsensical.

This is a zero sum game. For every single fight, a human player will win and another will lose.

this is rediculous. i think you guys put waaaay too much value on fighters skills. here's why

have any of you ever seen that really bad manager that has that one really good fighter that just cant seem to lose?

have any of you ever seen that really good manager that has that entire stable of fighters that just cant seem to lose?

have any of you ever seen that fighter with really good skills that just cant seem to put it together in the cage?

my point is......hiddens are very important. they can make even the worst manager do well. the game intelligently was designed that way.

sliders are very important. the good managers obviously didnt just happen to luck up and get all great fighters. through sliderwork they increase there fighters potential. the game was intelligently designed that way.

skills on the other hand. they cant bring up a bad manager or they cant bring up a bad fighter. its mostly just eye candy. with out one of the two (sliders or hiddens) backing them up then they'll just look nice. but they wont win. but if a good manager would happen to take that fighter over then he would win. or if some better hiddens were injected into that fighter then he would win aswell.

so all this hoopla about skills and projects and aging is really just nonsense....but ofcoarse some ppl (ajperok, anon) will never be able to understand that. they'll just keep complaining while everyone else just shakes there head in dismay

im double posting but i really dont give a fu......becos once again there's morons on these forums that just simply must have there hands held.....

so a tip for any manager out there that is having trouble winning fights. QUIT PICKING FAST LEARNER!!!!!! SKILLS DONT WIN FIGHTS!!!!! IF YOU ARENT WINNING THEN YOUR SLIDERS ARENT RIGHT AND YOU NEED TO RELY ON HIDDENS!!!! SO PICK THREE HIDDENS AND LEAVE OUT THE FAST LEARNER BECOS IT IS USELESS TO YOU!!!!

there its been said. its a shitty shame that in order to preserve the god damn game you have to freaking hand feed some ppl that are too damn lazy to figure anything out for themselves!!!!

honestly im not sure that i follow? looks like you got a nice stable of fighters started there. thats a lot of time to put into those guys without knowing if they have the goods or not tho

im double posting but i really dont give a fu......becos once again there's morons on these forums that just simply must have there hands held.....

so a tip for any manager out there that is having trouble winning fights. QUIT PICKING FAST LEARNER!!!!!! SKILLS DONT WIN FIGHTS!!!!! IF YOU ARENT WINNING THEN YOUR SLIDERS ARENT RIGHT AND YOU NEED TO RELY ON HIDDENS!!!! SO PICK THREE HIDDENS AND LEAVE OUT THE FAST LEARNER BECOS IT IS USELESS TO YOU!!!!

there its been said. its a shitty shame that in order to preserve the god damn game you have to freaking hand feed some ppl that are too damn lazy to figure anything out for themselves!!!!

Here's a shocker for you...

Jigoro Kane cuts easily! That slowed him down though didnt it? Skills are incredibly important, are you crazy? Hiddens are important too yes, but if you have amazing skills who cares? However, there are a few hiddens that would kill the fighter, like a glass jaw or something like that. The sliders are to strategize for fights and focus either on your strengths or weaknesses. Relax...jesus...its a game.

Skills are incredibly important, are you crazy? Hiddens are important too yes, but if you have amazing skills who cares?

what fighters do you think are the top p4p's? the most skilled.....or the best hiddens

[edit] its very rare that even the best fighter in your own stable is your most skilled fighter

At 19, someone with primaries like that probably has some weak secondaries though unless the guy's learning speed is top notch. Even so, Manfred's post is pure win.

Please do link said fighter though.

All such things are fixed before 21.

skills on the other hand. they cant bring up a bad manager or they cant bring up a bad fighter. its mostly just eye candy. with out one of the two (sliders or hiddens) backing them up then they'll just look nice. but they wont win. but if a good manager would happen to take that fighter over then he would win. or if some better hiddens were injected into that fighter then he would win aswell.

so all this hoopla about skills and projects and aging is really just nonsense....but ofcoarse some ppl (ajperok, anon) will never be able to understand that. they'll just keep complaining while everyone else just shakes there head in dismay

If only the unofficial challenge fights that we hear a lot about were actually possible....

I'd suggest you make an 18 year old, no training (but choose good hiddens!) and match him against one of my trained 23 year olds. My fighter would destroy him.

Of course hiddens have an effect. And of course if someone doesn't have a clue how to set sliders it has a big effect.

But a much more skilled fighter will win, if neither manager is really bad with their slider settings.

The whole "anyone can beat anyone" is crap vets want to feed people so people won't care about aging and will take unfair fight matchups.

If only the unofficial challenge fights that we hear a lot about were actually possible....

I'd suggest you make an 18 year old, no training (but choose good hiddens!) and match him against one of my trained 23 year olds. My fighter would destroy him.

Of course hiddens have an effect. And of course if someone doesn't have a clue how to set sliders it has a big effect.

But a much more skilled fighter will win, if neither manager is really bad with their slider settings.

The whole "anyone can beat anyone" is crap vets want to feed people so people won't care about aging and will take unfair fight matchups.

Of course its not "anyone can beat anyone" but its certainly not "skills are the be all and end all of this game".

I'm not trying to feed this to anyone, even if you were to consider me a vet, its just true. I beat guys with higher skills almost every week.

Of course its not "anyone can beat anyone" but its certainly not "skills are the be all and end all of this game".

I'm not trying to feed this to anyone, even if you were to consider me a vet, its just true. I beat guys with higher skills almost every week.

I agree that there's more to the game than skills, and I've beaten guys with higher skills.

What bothers me is the mentality that one is obligated to take a fight if it's offered or that it doesn't matter whether aging ever takes place because it's all in sliders and hiddens.

Heck, the main activity in most of the game is training up skills, and people will go way out of their way to get better training. They do that because it's important.

I agree that there's more to the game than skills, and I've beaten guys with higher skills.

What bothers me is the mentality that one is obligated to take a fight if it's offered or that it doesn't matter whether aging ever takes place because it's all in sliders and hiddens.

Heck, the main activity in most of the game is training up skills, and people will go way out of their way to get better training. They do that because it's important.

Yes, obviously it is important.

You have to see it from the org owners perspective. He has two guys ranked the same so he matches them up. Fighter A is the underdog and declines the fight. Now the org owner has to find a fight for both of them, so he makes two matches (of less equal hype so this is worse for him) between equally skilled fighters. Fighter A fights another noob and beats him, while Fighter B fights another tough project and loses. So now Fighter A is even more over rated than he was before and Fighter B is even lower rated than before, despite having awesome skills. This makes match making even more of a problem, and so it goes on.

So surely you understand when the org owner pleads with managers to avoid declining fights if at all possible.

Yes, obviously it is important.

You have to see it from the org owners perspective. He has two guys ranked the same so he matches them up. Fighter A is the underdog and declines the fight. Now the org owner has to find a fight for both of them, so he makes two matches (of less equal hype so this is worse for him) between equally skilled fighters. Fighter A fights another noob and beats him, while Fighter B fights another tough project and loses. So now Fighter A is even more over rated than he was before and Fighter B is even lower rated than before, despite having awesome skills. This makes match making even more of a problem, and so it goes on.

So surely you understand when the org owner pleads with managers to avoid declining fights if at all possible.

I can understand it, and for the record I've only declined two fights in 5+ months of playing.

I even had an org owner explain to me why he felt the need to overmatch, primary and creation number-wise, one of my fighters. He then sent me three choices, I picked one and accepted the fight.

That's very different from telling people that they should accept whatever's thrown at them. Some people do that. Those are the ones I see as problems.

I can understand it, and for the record I've only declined two fights in 5+ months of playing.

I even had an org owner explain to me why he felt the need to overmatch, primary and creation number-wise, one of my fighters. He then sent me three choices, I picked one and accepted the fight.

That's very different from telling people that they should accept whatever's thrown at them. Some people do that. Those are the ones I see as problems.

I don't mind if my fighters decline fights, but if they do, it's common courtesy to send me a reason. It's one thing to have someone think I offered a bad matchup, it's a completely other thing to not know why.