WMMA 2

2 things that i remmber been a problem when trying to make the game work for some people ... the running as admin thing as said above and this... DEP ON.

Control Panel\System and Security\System , Advanced Systems Settings , then "Advanced" tab , then "Data Execution Prevention" tab, make sure DEP is turned on for 'essential windows programs and services' ...

As for me i prefair TEW10 out of the games but i would of said diffrently (and did in another thread some place here) before i played Tycoon. As i loved WMMA2 prior to been spoiled by this game.

hmm i think ill give the wrestling one ago this time. You said you can have real guys?? I hate made up names and that lol

Yeah but not easily in the demo, since the demo only covers a certain period in TEW history ... and most of the mods are real world mods from back in the day , 80s, 90s, early 2000's or present day, and not specificaly demo friendly.

And you should give Cornellverse (the ficitional default) a try because its realy awesome and easy to get into ... SWF is WWF in 1996 , TCW is WCW in a similar time period ... japan is the japan of the 80s and is on fire , mexico is the mexico of the early 90s , a lot of similaritys and tounge in cheak referances ... Sam Strong was Hogan in his day but now retired and running a nostalgia promotion USPW (bit like Mid south from the 70s) , Rip Chord was like Flair but now running a small ROH style org to bring in the next generation ... active you have Tommy Cornell who the cornellverse is based around running TCW , its a very very very rich fictional world that takes about an hour of just scanning the bios of the wrestlers in the major promotions to fall in love with and peice together via title historys.

It should not be missed out on!

Yeah but not easily in the demo, since the demo only covers a certain period in TEW history ... and most of the mods are real world mods from back in the day , 80s, 90s, early 2000's or present day, and not specificaly demo friendly.

And you should give Cornellverse (the ficitional default) a try because its realy awesome and easy to get into ... SWF is WWF in 1996 , TCW is WCW in a similar time period ... japan is the japan of the 80s and is on fire , mexico is the mexico of the early 90s , a lot of similaritys and tounge in cheak referances ... Sam Strong was Hogan in his day but now retired and running a nostalgia promotion USPW (bit like Mid south from the 70s) , Rip Chord was like Flair but now running a small ROH style org to bring in the next generation ... active you have Tommy Cornell who the cornellverse is based around running TCW , its a very very very rich fictional world that takes about an hour of just scanning the bios of the wrestlers in the major promotions to fall in love with and peice together via title historys.

It should not be missed out on!

Im liking the sound of it, might count my change jar see if I can afford it lol :D

Which is better Tew2010 or WMMa, Im going to try it on my gfs laptop 2nite

That company did the wrestling series for a long time so it's probably more in-depth than the WMMA. Of course, WMMA is fun too and if you don't like wrestling then don't bother with it. And I love story-crafting so the wrestling one suits me well, I even have a diary(though I didn't update it very much) going: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174501

I like WMMA too because I can't control who will win, so it's fun to play the matchmaker there and I ever think of creating a fighter there and see whether he can reach the top or not, but since WMMA3 is coming out, I will wait for it before I sink myself into that.

And give the cornellverse a go, those characters are interesting, including the joker brothers I used as RP character in The Fallout and that Darkness dude for AXF xD

Last word: Buy something else and wait for WMMA3, unless you are a rich bastard...

That company did the wrestling series for a long time so it's probably more in-depth than the WMMA. Of course, WMMA is fun too and if you don't like wrestling then don't bother with it. And I love story-crafting so the wrestling one suits me well, I even have a diary(though I didn't update it very much) going: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174501

I like WMMA too because I can't control who will win, so it's fun to play the matchmaker there and I ever think of creating a fighter there and see whether he can reach the top or not, but since WMMA3 is coming out, I will wait for it before I sink myself into that.

And give the cornellverse a go, those characters are interesting, including the joker brothers I used as RP character in The Fallout and that Darkness dude for AXF xD

Last word: Buy something else and wait for WMMA3, unless you are a rich bastard...

haha i wish man i think ill wait for wmma3 just play some demo until then.

Whats the Basketball game like do you know?

Nothing beats the pure fun of EWR for me... as enjoyable as many of the additions TEW has had made to it, the beautiful simplicity of the last versions of the older game made me smile so much.

Nothing beats the pure fun of EWR for me... as enjoyable as many of the additions TEW has had made to it, the beautiful simplicity of the last versions of the older game made me smile so much.

I run into a lot of people who feel the same way as you on this. I loved EWR aswell , and in a lot of ways the early versions of TEW felt like a step backwards in the "fun" deperatment despite the feature additions, but TEW2010 stands up as the single greatest wrestling booking simulator of all time in my eyes. Leaps and bounds ahead of anything else, and its fun... worth checking out.

The basketball game is too complex for a non-college-basketball-follower like me, so I don't know what I am doing when I am playing the demo lolz. Plus, I am not an American, so I sure don't know how shit works.

I run into a lot of people who feel the same way as you on this. I loved EWR aswell , and in a lot of ways the early versions of TEW felt like a step backwards in the "fun" deperatment despite the feature additions, but TEW2010 stands up as the single greatest wrestling booking simulator of all time in my eyes. Leaps and bounds ahead of anything else, and its fun... worth checking out.

Oh, I've got TEW 10 and I enjoy it. That said there's a couple of things that get me about it. The sheer amount of depth is great on one hand but it also means it;'s hard to just jump in and play for 20 minutes like you could with EWR... and if I want an hour or two long sim session as good as TEW10 is... it's not Championship Manager. Also, it's stupidly easy to do well. Even without using the editor to create unbalanced segments any fighter with a B+ Intimidating stat can quickly get insanely over with virtually any audience and pimp a whole cards rating with a single 6 minute angle. Likewise with sex appeal (although I did love my BOSC game).

It seems a lot of the game is made for diary writers... which is cool and at one point I enjoyed that with EWR... but as a competitive game it's lacking. Despite being simpler EWR was a real challenge at times. EWR rarely is... something helped by the fact you only need to be able to put on 3 good fights a show to get a great rating.

Oh, I've got TEW 10 and I enjoy it. That said there's a couple of things that get me about it. The sheer amount of depth is great on one hand but it also means it;'s hard to just jump in and play for 20 minutes like you could with EWR... and if I want an hour or two long sim session as good as TEW10 is... it's not Championship Manager. Also, it's stupidly easy to do well. Even without using the editor to create unbalanced segments any fighter with a B+ Intimidating stat can quickly get insanely over with virtually any audience and pimp a whole cards rating with a single 6 minute angle. Likewise with sex appeal (although I did love my BOSC game).

It seems a lot of the game is made for diary writers... which is cool and at one point I enjoyed that with EWR... but as a competitive game it's lacking. Despite being simpler EWR was a real challenge at times. EWR rarely is... something helped by the fact you only need to be able to put on 3 good fights a show to get a great rating.

For the 3 fights theory, maybe you can err...turn off the "perfect show theory" so it's harder to get great rating. I don't know much about how I feel about EWR, but it's just feud and feud and feud to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...