weight

I have a couple fighters who are walking around at 185. I chose this weight so that they'd cut and fight at 170 but the maximum that they can cut to is 172ish.. is there a way that I can improve their weight cutting technique or maybe a way for them to just shed a couple pounds in general so they don't have to cut as much?

if you improve their conditioning they will be able to cut more weight.... but to improve their conditioning you need to do some cardio training which will cut their energy levels which will mean they can't cut as much weight, so it's a bit of a catch 22 :)

basically you need to do some cardio training and then rest them and they will be able to make 170.

makes sense... I guess I still have a few questions though

Is this a guess and test kinda thing then? How long before a fight do I need to worry about their energy level for cutting weight? and what kinda energy level will they need to ensure a cut? and what happens if they don't make the cut?

makes sense... I guess I still have a few questions though

Is this a guess and test kinda thing then? How long before a fight do I need to worry about their energy level for cutting weight? and what kinda energy level will they need to ensure a cut? and what happens if they don't make the cut?

Well I know if they don't make the cut it will be a NC, the others I'm not sure of, might just have to guess and test like you said.

you can miss weight by 1lb and there will be no problem. If you miss by another 2lb on top of that it will let you fight but it will hurt you physically (energy etc). If you miss by more than 3lbs it's a NC. The "weighins" are at the same time as the fight if it's a proper fight and if it's a QFC, the weighin is when the fight is booked, i.e. you can't miss weight in QFC fights.

your profile page will display the max they can cut to at all times.

ok so if it's saying that i can cut to 172.8, technically I can fight but it'll be a disadvantage to me energy wise right? And the whole process of cutting weight is something that I don't really have to worry about.. just gotta make sure that I'm within 3lbs of the weight, preferably within 1lb?

• 1 year later...