Training camps

seanfu

I was thinking sometime in the future it would be cool if we actually had the ability to do intensive specified training camps.

It could be an expensive feature that would train you fighter up to a week or 2 before his fight and give accelerated gains.

Also I thought something that would be cool and add dimentions to the game is if we had this training camps feature it would give temperary extra gains come fight time.

For instance, I send my guy out to a Muay Thai fight camp (that either I put together myself or flew him out to Thailand, whatever) he comes back from his 3 week fight camp with a 10 or so point improvement (just throwing numbers around) but come fight time, in that one fight, due to his sharpness, he has another 5-7 points added on.

I thought that would be interesting. Big title fight, do you attack the guys weakness? maybe he did a fight camp in that area. What do you attack when you can't be sure of his fight time stats?

I was thinking sometime in the future it would be cool if we actually had the ability to do intensive specified training camps.

It could be an expensive feature that would train you fighter up to a week or 2 before his fight and give accelerated gains.

Also I thought something that would be cool and add dimentions to the game is if we had this training camps feature it would give temperary extra gains come fight time.

For instance, I send my guy out to a Muay Thai fight camp (that either I put together myself or flew him out to Thailand, whatever) he comes back from his 3 week fight camp with a 10 or so point improvement (just throwing numbers around) but come fight time, in that one fight, due to his sharpness, he has another 5-7 points added on.

I thought that would be interesting. Big title fight, do you attack the guys weakness? maybe he did a fight camp in that area. What do you attack when you can't be sure of his fight time stats?

Look maybe 5 threads down in this forum and you'll see the same exact topic. When you made this topic it was literally the 2nd topic from the top :)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1773

Look maybe 5 threads down in this forum and you'll see the same exact topic. When you made this topic it was literally the 2nd topic from the top :)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1773

No that's something totally different. He's just talking about going to a 1 dimentional camp. I'm talking about an entire evolution to the prefight system.

The difference is the entire system. Temporary fight points. Sending your fighter to a training camp that doesn't exist in the games gyms. A much more dramatic increase in skill for the fight. The general idea of a training camp is there, but it's so unrealistic practically and financially that there would be 1 dimentional camps to cater to whoever comes by.

My idea was all about a non gym camp with dramatic results.

It's subtle and still pretty big of a difference.

So the difference between your idea and the other thread is that you're proposing a camp that will give your fighter a dramatic increase in skill, but only temporarily? While the other thread proposes a small-medium size increase in skill that is permanent?

The only problem with having anything that is specialized is that managers with companies will have a distinct edge. There are some managers out there that are taking money from their companies and giving it to their fighters so that they can train non stop with out stopping for work or needing to fight.

Actually I think I get it. One poster is saying that he wants specialized gyms, that's it. And He's saying he wants an actual training camp with about the same lasting results but come fight time there will be a temporary boost to that skillset as well.