Striking Upsets (any examples)

ajperok

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=174376

Competent/Respectable vs Exceptional/Proficient

LFNC came into chat and said he needed someone to fight his champion as he just lost in the Blitz tourny. It was basically a fight to get him back to winning ways. I said I'd do it since I was going to sack my guy anyway. Just for the fun of it, I set his sliders before I sacked him to see what would happen. He is one of my first made fighters and he did my proud, lol.

The stand up game's broken, needs changed immediately. My strikers with superior stats should always win, If something don't happen soon I'm quitting.

It was a classic aggressive vs. counters.

Counters won. :P

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=242228

Probably the most lopsided fight based on Primary stats that I've faced. My fighter was/is a project where I focused on Physicals and Secondaries over Primaries, just to see what happened. I have been impressed with the results thus far, for the most part.

I wonder how following scenario would play out:

Fighter A: focused on primaries and physicals and has decent secondaries but nothing special

Fighter B: focused on secondaries and physicals and has decent primaries but nothing special

then Fighter A vs Fighter B with both being of same fighter type, be it sprawl and brawl fighters or grapplers or whatever, and both using optimal slider settings for their own build and stats with opponents build and stats not taken into account in these settings (basically taking opponents sliders, build and stats into account when making sliders, are all ruled out leaving us with less variables).

Which of the two fighter would have edge and advantage, fighter A or fighter B? Or would it be even steven?

I wonder how following scenario would play out:

Fighter A: focused on primaries and physicals and has decent secondaries but nothing special

Fighter B: focused on secondaries and physicals and has decent primaries but nothing special

then Fighter A vs Fighter B with both being of same fighter type, be it sprawl and brawl fighters or grapplers or whatever, and both using optimal slider settings for their own build and stats with opponents build and stats not taken into account in these settings (basically taking opponents sliders, build and stats into account when making sliders, are all ruled out leaving us with less variables).

Which of the two fighter would have edge and advantage, fighter A or fighter B? Or would it be even steven? or would it come down to hiddens?

• 2 weeks later...