Increase In Max Gym Fees To $800 Per Week

301 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fees Be Increased To $800 Per Week

• Yes, Increase The Fees
    • No, Leave Them As They Are

After discussions with lots of different people about gym fees, a proposal was put forward to Mike about increasing gym fees maximum amount from $600 per week to $800 per week. If 80% of the Tycoon population agree on this, this change will be made.

The change will hopefully make the biggest difference in the viability of public gyms who will be making a bigger profit from offer classes of 4 on a single elite coach than they did on a class of 5 in the other system. This will allow those who are on big contracts but without opportunity to go to a private gym.

This will also benefit private gyms but not to the same extent as the less people in a gym, the less the effect will be felt.

One disadvantage may be that it takes a little longer for a new fighter to get up to a full size gym at the start of the game however it does not seem to take long to get there with a bit of success so hopefully that will not be too much of a factor.

Obviously I am for it but any discussions and disagreements should be posted here and we will see what the outcome is.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running a gym in this day in age is really tough but that extra 200$ per person might just be the boost other managers need to keep the gyms small and be able to compete with private gyms.

If it does change does this mean that coaches wages will go up too?

Running a gym in this day in age is really tough but that extra 200$ per person might just be the boost other managers need to keep the gyms small and be able to compete with private gyms.

If it does change does this mean that coaches wages will go up too?

No, the intention was to give gym owners a small increase in profit while being able to offer better training.

i voted yes --- as stated most might cry saying this will only help private gyms but this isnt true -- private gyms will still run with or without this -- this was proven when cap was put at 600 also it was proven that public gyms got better cause caps went from 90 and 100 to 70 and 80 --- now those gyms can drop to 60 and 70 or less and still make a little profit while boosting the training

Go have a look; the clinchwork coach was just added, and as I cycle out free agents a Boxing and BJJ sparrer will be put in, drawing more people to sparring and lightening the load on the coaches in the long run. I'm ensuring my ability to finance the gym by seeking out business partners and orgs for my fighters to compete in, trying to win fights, and now writing for an org. After getting dedicated BJJ and Boxing sparring, I can see over time how my overall profits as a manager are, and hopefully slot in either another Fitness or Wrestling coach without raising the membership cap beyond 40. If that's still cool, then a better clinchwork coach, but that is in quite the distant future. I have a plan that I'm actively implementing and putting work into, and am moving towards my goal successfully.

My personal experience to date gives me the feeling that this is just an excuse to not have to put effort into making your gyms good. I'd benefit hugely from this and still vote no because I am a hardworking man :wub:

Err I meant to click the smiley just under that one but that's kind of funny so here we are.

i voted yes --- as stated most might cry saying this will only help private gyms but this isnt true -- private gyms will still run with or without this -- this was proven when cap was put at 600 also it was proven that public gyms got better cause caps went from 90 and 100 to 70 and 80 --- now those gyms can drop to 60 and 70 or less and still make a little profit while boosting the training

I agree. Private gyms are payed by bookie sales and not member fees. It would be nice to see more gyms able to actually fund good coaches with member fees.

It will have zero effect on private gyms which aren't funded by fees. So, it is a great move that only effects and helps public gyms. I don't see the arguments against it.

yeah i havent seen post against it just votes, so the "NO" voters have no debate?

Go have a look; the clinchwork coach was just added, and as I cycle out free agents a Boxing and BJJ sparrer will be put in, drawing more people to sparring and lightening the load on the coaches in the long run. I'm ensuring my ability to finance the gym by seeking out business partners and orgs for my fighters to compete in, trying to win fights, and now writing for an org. After getting dedicated BJJ and Boxing sparring, I can see over time how my overall profits as a manager are, and hopefully slot in either another Fitness or Wrestling coach without raising the membership cap beyond 40. If that's still cool, then a better clinchwork coach, but that is in quite the distant future. I have a plan that I'm actively implementing and putting work into, and am moving towards my goal successfully.

My personal experience to date gives me the feeling that this is just an excuse to not have to put effort into making your gyms good. I'd benefit hugely from this and still vote no because I am a hardworking man :wub:

Err I meant to click the smiley just under that one but that's kind of funny so here we are.