Increase In Max Gym Fees To $800 Per Week

301 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fees Be Increased To $800 Per Week

• Yes, Increase The Fees
    • No, Leave Them As They Are

I'm thinking in selling my gym because I can't make too much money and give good level training at the same time.

I believe that income not related to fees would be also a good thing.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fighters have money let us have real quality training without going through the trouble of laundering money...

I CAN charge more now and I'm doing it, you're just making it WAY more complicated for us...

I completely agree. Up the cap to 1.8k or even 3k. Those managers with less money will still be able to get $600 a week training with 6-8 person classes. And managers that have been around longer can openly pay more to get their guys in better gyms. It will give the gym owners more options that are legitimate when setting up a business model.

Perhaps it is time to demand a FREE MARKET!

I VOTED NO.

Here is the problem, understand that this increase might increase how good some public gyms are, but they WILL NOT increase profitability. To compete with the other gyms they will just lower the cap further. Yes that will mean those guys in those gyms already will get better training, but there is a limited number of people willing to run gyms. This will shut out newer players from getting access to these now priviledged gym spots. There simply aren't enough gym owners to meet demand for a good middle of the road gym for all the fighters that are going to need it. If you want to alienate newer managers even fewer, then this is a good step.

Please think before you vote.

Here is the problem, understand that this increase might increase how good some public gyms are, but they WILL NOT increase profitability.

So what do you think might work to increase profitability?

voting yes on this as a temporary fix.

it could be good for gyms, it could be bad; the no's do have a good point. this is the closest to a 'fix' gyms have had in awhile. with as many things mike has on the plate for fixing in the game, i dont see an overhaul of the gym system in there any time soon to make things more viable where gym owners want to keep(or open) gyms.

Numbers of publics gyms are bound to continue to dwindle w/ private gyms popping up and people becoming more crazy about training numbers, but if the caps arent lowered, this has a chance to keep some gyms open a bit longer than they would have previously.

I run my own private gym that I was hoping to convert into a public gym, but seeing how trashed the system is currently for public gyms and the training received in them, I just launder more money to keep my private gym afloat since pure public gyms are rubbish. Maybe by the time I run out of cash in the spring, the system will be fixed. if not, i'll just open another org to make more cash. It doesnt pay to convert into a public gym right now. If you want to manage a good gym, and not rely on laundering cash from the fighters in the gym, you might as well go ram your head into a brick wall for a few days at a stretch.

Definitely don't see this not reaching 80%

yes well, that was the first post on this topic and the second vote on the poll. I thought the newer people would be voting no like hell

When it was raised from 500 to 600, it did NOT help help gym profitability. The only thing that happened is people started expecting a lower cap from public gyms. This is fine, but it doesn't fix the core problem. Until gym owners can make money that the public can't see, (Sparring room rental, extra equip rental, etc) raising gym fees or lowering coach salaries won't fix the problem

Numbers of publics gyms are bound to continue to dwindle w/ private gyms popping up and people becoming more crazy about training numbers, but if the caps arent lowered, this has a chance to keep some gyms open a bit longer than they would have previously.

See, the caps will be lowered.

Thus this is actually a reason to vote no. There are less and less public gym owners. Why limit those places for newer players even further?

See, the caps will be lowered.

Thus this is actually a reason to vote no. There are less and less public gym owners. Why limit those places for newer players even further?

yes cap may well be lowered on some gyms to make for better training -- but others might choose to add a coach and not lower cap -- which increases training

i do think reading this as a way for gyms to profit isnt the correct way to look at this --- i feel this is a move to make public gyms better training not really towards making profit unless they choose too -- the gym owner could go either way they choose

yes cap may well be lowered on some gyms to make for better training -- but others might choose to add a coach and not lower cap -- which increases training

i do think reading this as a way for gyms to profit isnt the correct way to look at this --- i feel this is a move to make public gyms better training not really towards making profit unless they choose too -- the gym owner could go either way they choose

Are gyms getting more coaches? No.

I agree. The benefit of the change will be that it hands more choice to gym owners. Badly run gyms will still fail.

Are gyms getting more coaches? No.

If a gym has less than 12 coaches this change may indeed allow the manager to hire more coaches if his aim is to improve ratio.

If a gym has less than 12 coaches this change may indeed allow the manager to hire more coaches if his aim is to improve ratio.

I forgot about all those 600$ gyms with less than 12 coaches. Oh wait...

I agree. The benefit of the change will be that it hands more choice to gym owners. Badly run gyms will still fail.

yes -- bottom line is it gives a chance for more equal training -- it will give public gyms to have lower numbers which is a good thing -- more gyms will open up -- if gyms would work together there could be great things happen -- two gyms team up and join together (like blitzkreig) they could have very low numbers and get paid because fighters will jump back and fourth to train or too just keep numbers low (sort of semi-private)

Well, you guys are getting closer, but still failing. Just get rid of the god damned cap and let us run our gyms how we want. This will help close the gaps between public gyms and private gyms. The huge chasm will damage the long term viability of this game.

While in theory this would be a step in right direction, in reality it would not help that much at all. While increase of 200 is 33 percent it really is just too small of an increase to have any significant impact. In other words it would not have any meaningful effects of large enough impact. Also it really would not increase profitability of public gyms at all. Both points have already been explained by other people on this thread so I wont go into details. While it really is step to right direction, increasing max gym fees by 200 is futile and there is no point.

Reason: Having a real gym with true double elites and triple elites is just not viable whilst trying to keep capacity to around 5.00 - 6.00 (note sparring schedules relax the real training numbers) due to the $600 a week.

This is factually untrue. Triple-elite is really rediculous to expect to be a standard in every gym anyways, don't you think? It is the absolute best coach usuable, for one particular skill only.

Yes from me.

The best thing is that the whole gym business will become more viable. It can't be right that, as things stand, people are giving away 12 Elite gyms because they can't find a buyer!

That sounds absolutely right that the most thoroughly staffed gym possible is too intimidating to jump into cold and expect to run well, actually.

they could have very low numbers and get paid because fighters will jump back and fourth to train or too just keep numbers low (sort of semi-private)

Until there is a better method to see who leaves/joins a gym, this method is mostly set on honesty policy or pure memory.

"We" tried a system of gyms where people did this and at first it worked well. The farther along we got, the more frequently people would forget to gym hop back and forth. Even with gym wide messages, people often forgot to do it leading to a deficit in funds and the gyms ultimately closing again.

This is factually untrue. Triple-elite is really rediculous to expect to be a standard in every gym anyways, don't you think? It is the absolute best coach usuable, for one particular skill only.

This is why i said double and triple elites in a public gym? otherwise i wouldn't have said that. I had to let my triple elite clinch coach go due to not being able to support that kind of loss. With $800 a week, I will be able to employ him again as well as another 1-2 single elite coaches.

That's why you charge monthly like I do and keep books about them :D ,been working well so far, wish they would just make it easier for me like I said earlier, we have ways to pay more and people are doing it so why not let everyone enjoy it? Yeah the caps are gonna go down, but ain't that the point? If you have money then you should be able to pay for it! Some people are looking for money sink for their excess fighter money, well LET THEM PAY FOR THEIR GODDAMN TRAINING THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!! /rant

the side effect of this of course is it knocks on to the new fight orgs , 1000 ,1000,1000 contracts will not be accepted , everyone playing the game will want to have his fighters in a $800 week gym , so $1000 signing fee will last one week , lol

i voted no , because it makes very little diffrence to me , all my fighters apart from one are in private gyms.

this only benifits the vip players in the long run , so i should be voting yes

but i think its another class divide .

you could argue that it will make non vips want to pay to play but i doubt it very much