[ NEW IDEA - DISTANCE IN STRIKING ]

sergio

Hello my friends .

As we see in real fights.

There are several types of Strikers.

The more kicking, punching and those that use combos.

One thing that I think would be interesting for the game to leave it more realistic is to put "distance in the fight standing. "

There are fighters who prefer to fight long distance and others who prefer to use short.

Wrestler and BJJ fighters often seek to fight at close range to clinch a drop or apply.

Strikers primarily of Muay Thai fighting prefer long distance.

Using kicks and punches straight.

It would be interesting terms in this game.

Example:

Long distance:

•  
  • Best to use kicks
  • Best for fighters with more reach
  • It gets a little easier to avoid takedowns.
  • It is safer for a striker

Short distance:

•  
  • Better to try the knockout
  • Best to use knee
  • More easier to attempt takedowns
  • Best for small-scale fighters.

(But to shorten the distance the fighter may be surprised)

What do you think ?

Thank you and stay in peace !

• Upvote 2

I posted this idea a long time ago and here is the response. And I quote "agression does the same thing".

There is no question of aggression.

For example:

Demian Maia, he has trained hard boxing.

This better at standup and has used it well in his last fights.

But if we see when he uses his punches, is in walking distance (Almost grabbed to his opponents, almost going into the clinch)

Anderson Silva, he is very good at fighting on Stand UP .

You see, it uses the Muay Thai boxing and the long distance (Distant from your opponents)

I think that's something to think about the game when it comes to choosing a strategy.

Striker vs Striker so when fighting from a distance if you have greater reach.

Striker vs Grappler, the Striker usually long distance to fight not to go for the clinch and not distance to the opponent to try a takedown.

(What makes the Grappler have to punch to get closer to go to or try to clinch a takedown)

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

im pretty certain that mike tycoon has said before that he plans to introduce a "range" slider that will actually act as the exact same thing as what you're suggesting. it's a fabulous idea for sure and is certainly the best way of countering the high counter/accuracy strategy in the game at the moment (in my opinion)

a big +1 for a great game improving idea

• Upvote 2

We already have 90% of the fighters built like string beans, 7'tall and 150 pounds.

Anything that is done in this regard should be to minimize the advantage of ridiculiously tall strikers, especially in regard to all the 100% accuracy crap that is the current fad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i would like to see reach advantages

OK.. read any fight. We already have reach advantages.

If anything we need to balance the advantage to let shorter stronger guys push through all the 100% accuracy pussy slaps that are dominating the game right now.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...