UFC 134 - Mirkos goodbye and revenge in one

Yes, this time Mirko won't lose in some terrible, terrible way. Even he should be able to beat fucking Big Nog at this point. :(

This is gonna be a depressing fight regardless of outcome.

Mirko can beat any guy his age basically. He is still in much better shape then anyone over 34-35. No one is as good a athlete as Mirko, and Minotaur has only the ground advantage over Mirko. Mirko has everything else. He wont make the mistake of going to the ground with Nog.

I think that Fedor will lose the Hendo fight and with 3 losses in a row and Mirkos win over a Champion i think we should get the second big one, and the biggest fight actually for both fighters. That would be epic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Big Nog has basically transitioned into being a full time coach and now a part time fighter. I suspect this will be in evidence against Mirko as I can see him going straight into the clinch and pull guard and see what will happen next. This will work for Mirko.

Only thing to point out is that if Nog has simply been drilling BJJ then he might well have one more surprise in his pocket.

What source do you have for this by the way? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Without official word (that I have seen as of yet).

Big Nog has stated he will fight at the Brazil show and Mirko has been on record of wanting one more fight against him. It would not be an unreasonable assumption to assume this is a fight that is at least being talked about.

It's going to be like watching my grandfather punch or attempt a triangle choke upon a lifeless statue.

If only this would have happened a few years ago...

In all seriousness, the Nogs are only 34!? What will Jon Jones look like by the time he's finished? (Assuming anyone ever punches the man) :sad01_anim:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's all about Mirko, baby! Can't stop!!!

Woohoo!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Yeah sure. that's why Mir a former champion and a real contender for the belt needed 3 rounds and a luckiest knee ever to win over a half prepared 37 yo Mirko. Almost the same story with even younger and quicker Schaub.

The problem with this sport is that most fans don't know jack shit about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yeah sure. that's why Mir a former champion and a real contender for the belt needed 3 rounds and a luckiest knee ever to win over a half prepared 37 yo Mirko. Almost the same story with even younger and quicker Schaub.

The problem with this sport is that most fans don't know jack shit about it.

Yeah, I can clearly see that you are one of the best examples.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dana saved Chucks life. Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ha! Man, where do you come up with this. Dana, is that you?

Liddell went from the seemingly unbeatable Icemen to getting KO'd 4 of his last 6 fights. Not just knocked off balance and the ref jumps in type stuff, either. 1 hit and he is asleep type KO's. You can't keep that sort of thing up and expect to come out unharmed. Dana basically stepped in and told him enough was enough.