please help explain why I Just got subbed

http://www.mmatycoon...php?FTID=303526

I don't want to give away too much about My fighter "Tyrone Bate's" stats, but his Def. Grappling and Submissions are both exceptional, and He also has Really high flexibility. He just got subbed by a purple belt that had like 60% morale coming into the fight, and he also had 96% energy. I went 60% aggressive on top, with 75% finish. 75% strike/sub vs advance position, with 80% strikes to subs. Is there something i did wrong?? I don't mean any disrespect to the other manager but, I am just curious to how i could have lost that fight.

Thanks in advance :)

I can't help too much but I have lost fights in the past with much larger gaps in morale. Even though I try to keep my fighter's morale above 95% it might not be as important as I think it is.

I thought that experience only matters if the opponent goes SHIG, which he might have done. I noticed the height difference but, I kind of overlooked it thinking it wasn't that big of a deal.

Thanks for the replies

You have exceptional defense and offensive grappling, but how is your BJJ primary? If it's a low brown and he's a high purple, it's pretty close.

Experience and intelligence play a factor too.

it had all the makings of an "upset". He has a ton of experience (hidden + amount of fights), height, same wrestling, has always been a ground fighter so most likely his secondaries are on par or better than yours given how much longer he has had to train and his lack of better primaries, probably better or similar physicals because of the same reason, your primaries could be VERY close to each other, definitely close enough for sliders alone to make the difference, not to mention the aggressive/finish sliders that you took against someone with these advantages. Oh, and the random number generator.

I thought that experience only matters if the opponent goes SHIG, which he might have done. I noticed the height difference but, I kind of overlooked it thinking it wasn't that big of a deal.

Thanks for the replies

Not entirely, experience(and intelligence) also means that the fighter will know when to go for the kill(like a dumb fighter won't try to finish even when his opponent is rocked) etc, the impact on SHIG is only one part of what experience helps.

His BJJ primary is wonderful++. I hope he just got lucky because I hope My fighter doesn't have a bad heart hidden.

Thanks for the responses :)

maybe he was lucky too .

Never forget about this. Maybe he just got a lucky roll. With subs it's always one and done so you have no idea if that was a 1/100 thing or would happen just about every time.

Luck really does play a part. Sometimes that luck can be generated by one person picking the perfect game plan that undermines the opponent, sometimes the opponent chooses a game plan that is simple unsuitable for his fighter and sometimes, just sometimes a roll of the metaphorical dice comes up your way.

The skill in this game is giving yourself all the best odds of getting lucky.

Maybe you neglected your strength? IS it Wonderful or better? I used to fight with Superb back in the day and my guys were to weak to fight off subs. Actually it made everything my guy did look like crap. Just an idea.

I'll go other way around :D and ask why didn't i sub opponent from his back. Also he missed a lot from mount and difference is quite high in both primaries (high brown belt with decent secondaries, intellect of 132)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=308951

Could've been opponent's heart, physicals or just pure luck...learn something and apply it next time better, that's all :)

I'll go other way around :D and ask why didn't i sub opponent from his back. Also he missed a lot from mount and difference is quite high in both primaries (high brown belt with decent secondaries, intellect of 132)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=308951

Could've been opponent's heart, physicals or just pure luck...learn something and apply it next time better, that's all :)

I'm sorry, but I wasn't even able to read this. Bouncy avatar kept distracting me. :D

The real underlying cause of the subs taking folks by surprise that just that subs are once again a legitimate threat.

Honestly for a very long time sub fighters simply were not threatening after the nerf. Now when a sub actually hits it is a bit of a shock but if you think of them as being the ground equivalent of a KO punch it really is not all that shocking.

Fighters with high Strike D and great Primary Striking stats get knocked all the time here even by guys with lower stats. Getting subbed is the same deal.

My fighter's Strength is wonderful+ is that bad for a submission/ground fighter?

it's relatively average for low-level orgs. anything below sensational is (comparatively) bad for any high level org.

for example, i don't have a single fighter that has strength below elite--, even for my fighters that aren't in higher level orgs.

*correction- i have two fighters at sensational++

You have to look at the broader fight as well. Maybe he was on pretty high damage and really clocked you with that body punch. Energy is a really big deal in this game and he still had plenty of it since it was very early in the fight. If you had grinded him for 2+ rounds this would have been much less likely.

As others have said, everything is a roll of the dice. Training is just a way of maximizing the amount of sides that are in your favor.

Also, Exceptional isn't good defense. I wouldn't be shocked getting subbed at that level.

Luck really does play a part. Sometimes that luck can be generated by one person picking the perfect game plan that undermines the opponent, sometimes the opponent chooses a game plan that is simple unsuitable for his fighter and sometimes, just sometimes a roll of the metaphorical dice comes up your way.

The skill in this game is giving yourself all the best odds of getting lucky.

My point was that the opponent wasn't really at much, if any of a disadvantage. He wasn't outgunned and just happened to "get lucky" by landing the sub. You can technically consider anything with any amount of randomness involved "lucky", but that isn't how it is used colloquially. After a point it is really just nitpicking semantics.