Going VIP - Credit card is really needed for paying with Paypal?

Shogunna

You do not need a credit card. At least, I didn't when I bought VIP.

I think I used eCheque as the payment method. Just make sure you have the right currency conversion? That was a problem I was having when I went to get VIP. Not sure if it's still a problem now.

Maybe you missed an option somewhere?

Clicky

When you connect your bank account to your PayPal account, you can make online payments directly from your bank – like spending cash. Linking your bank account is part of getting Verified, meaning you've confirmed ownership of a bank account by completing the required steps with PayPal. Get the details on getting Verified.

Why Verify?

* Pay Cash – Spend the cash in your bank account when you link your bank account to your PayPal account.

* Draw Funds From Your Bank – When you connect your bank account, you can use it as the funding source for your PayPal purchases.

* Boost Spending Power – Increase your sending and withdrawal limits by becoming Verified.

* Increase security – Verification helps increase the security of the PayPal network, since more people have confirmed ownership of bank accounts.

* Move money easily – when you receive money through PayPal, linking a bank account makes it easy to move money between your accounts.

Is it Safe?

Yes, connecting a bank account is secure, easy, and free. Plus, PayPal never reveals any of your financial information to recipients. Only you can initiate transactions using your bank account, and PayPal sends an email to you whenever money is transferred from your PayPal account. Connect a bank account today.

Klassh, that's how i thought PayPay work as well. That it takes the money from the bank account. But it told me very big "you must add a credit card in order to purchase. The salesman only accepts direct payment". Something like this, i translated it from German. Could this be the problem maybe? That i'm not in the USA but in Germany?

Oh wait, so you haven't withdrawn the money from your bank account into your PayPal account yet?

Sorry man, i'm quit a noob when it comes to this and i don't really know what you mean. All i can say is that i for example have no problem at all with paying a Rapidshare Account for example. That work's fine.

So i tryed to skip the site where i had to add a credit card but it was not possible, it went back to the same site. "Salesman only accept direct payments" makes me wonder. Is that maybe because of my location? I don't know what it should be else :sad01_anim:

I'm not an expert on it to be honest but I think what they're saying is don't try and do anything via this site - go to the paypal site, log in, get some money into paypal from your bank, THEN come back here and try and buy the VIP.

Yes, this is where I was heading. From previous experience, I've had to go into PayPal and transfer money from my bank account into PayPal before I could purchase what I wanted. Then you simply go back to what you want to purchase and it should work.

Though, another problem I've had is that I needed to convert my $AU into $US.

But yes, it just sounds like you need to transfer some funds into your PayPal first. It's asking for a direct payment. Whilst in some places you can just use PayPal and then it will transfer money from your bank to PayPal, and from PayPal to whatever you're purchasing automatically, that process usually takes a few days and thus is not a direct payment.

• 3 weeks later...

So feeling like a complete retard. I can't seem to get this damn VIP account. No matter what I try it keeps asking for credit card, witch I don't have. Cant' skip, can't pay directly from my paypal account. I converted my balance to USD but that did absolutely nothing.

So what now? Try Google checkout? Get a friend to pay my way? This paypal business is really starting to annoy me.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Justed wanted to make 100% sure ... this is still up-do-date, right? Also being from Germany without having a credit card, I need to send the money on Paypal there myself. So 10$ to paypal@mmatycoon.com is still the way to go for a 3 month VIP extension!?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Quick question again - my VIP runs out in 19 days. Can I pay for 3/6 more months now through Paypal on that e-mail address? And additional question - is it also possible to buy new slots via this Paypal e-mail address?