Maple Leaf Combat opens its doors!

Welcome to Maple Leaf Combat, Montreal's newest fight org! Click here for link to org!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1306727182MLC_logo_sample_1.jpg

After several weeks of brainstorming and researching and asking questions of experienced org owners, I've decided to venture out into the world of running an org.

Contracts will soon be going out, but I just wanted to give the Tycoon world a little taste of some of what this new org will be offering.

So why should you come join Maple Leaf Combat? Here's just a taste of what I hope will make this org one of the most immersive and enjoyable out there for both rookies and veterans alike:

MLC-er of the month award

Of course, being a new org, it is likely going to attract a lot of new managers, a lot of whom will be non-VIP players. We can all attest that Tycoon is a great game and is made even better by being a VIP, so each month I will be picking a non-VIP member of the org and buying them a 3-month VIP trial. The only catch is that I'll ask that person to resign with the org before I do so. Fair enough?

Fear not, those who are already VIP, there's something in it for you, too. I will also select a VIP member as a member of the month and they can also receive a three-month upgrade if they wish, they can decide to "sponsor a noob" and give the VIP to someone else (who also must be in the org) or they can receive an in-game cash prize (Amount to be determined). Again, the only catch is that I will ask them to resign with the org.

So what type of person will be chosen for MLC-er of the month? It's not about who has the best fighter, or who has the best wins or best stats, it will be about participation. The award will go to those who are active in the forums and show a real interest in the org and the game itself. It will go to those who respond quickly to PM's and fight offers and basically are the type of members who make the org more enjoyable and help out whenever asked.

Also, this is still up for consideration, but I'm likely going to hold tournaments to crown initial champions and there might also be a VIP prize involved with those, just to be sure I can keep my initial champions loyal and engaged in the org.

We grow, you get paid. Profit share reward system.

Ever had a really exciting fight and then been let down when your fighter wasn't chosen for an "Of the Night" bonus? Fear not, in MLC. I have decided that I am going to reward each and every winning fighter who puts on a good performance. There will still be the regular Fight of the Night, KO of the Night and Submission of the Night Awards, but in addition, 10% of the profits from each card will be divided amongst the winning fighters whose fight rating was 80% or over.

Basically, I see this as a win-win. Those fighters who win and have exciting fights will be rewarded with extra compensation, while those exciting fights in turn will lead to the org getting better ratings and growing in hype. You scratch my back, I scratch yours.

Of course, in a beginning org, the amounts might not be huge to begin with, but I will institute a $500 minimum for these awards. So it will be 10% of the profits, divided by all the winning fighters with 80% or over in their rating, or $500, whichever number is higher.

I'm not running an org to make a boatload of cash, I basically want all people in my org to have a good experience and have a great time playing Tycoon!

Put your money where your mouth is!

Like to gamble? Feeling confident about your upcoming fight? Put your money where your mouth is, and bet on your fight, or any other in the MLC at the bookie which will be made available to all in the org prior to fight cards. I will be setting up odds for each fight and allowing people to put down whatever bets they want on either their fights, or other fights. (Also will potentially offer UFC odds, depending on interest).

I'm hoping this will help people get a little more attached to the org as a whole and take a more active interest in other fighters in their division or MLC as a whole.

Do you normally care about who wins some random opening bout on a card? Usually not. But if you've got some cash riding on it and it might be the difference between your fighter getting good supps or having to head to the poverty line, you might just have an interest in more MLC fights!

Previews, reviews and posters for every event!

There's nothing worse than looking at the gawdy "no logo has been uploaded" post image. Also, my day job is as a journalist, so I'm hoping my writing will help people get more attached to the org and get more amped up before big fight cards!

I am also very much open to those who want to help out in this respect. I am by no means an artist, so if someone wants help funding their fighters training in exchange for doing event posters, no sweat! If someone wants to take some of the writing load to help with their costs, sure things! I hope people take an active role in helping grow this org!

Writing bonus for managers/fighters

This is a work in progress and I'm still ironing out the details on how I want to implement this, but in an effort to encourage activity, I am looking at potentially paying out org owners for putting up stories or interviews about their fighters. More details TBA.

Who are we looking for?

I'm not going to say there is a hard and fast restriction on ID numbers in this org, but at the same time, I am looking to build slowly and also be an org where new managers can come in and get fights. So if you have a project fighter who has been getting private training for six months, MLC is probably not the place for him, right now. Same as if you have a guy with a black belt and superb boxing, with an 11,000 ID creation.

I want to be sure I don't hire people who will just run through the org, as that's not much fun for anyone!

However, if you have some newer creations whose ID's are closer to 100,000 than they are to 0, feel free to hit me up for a contract!

I would obviously prefer if the fighters live in Montreal, but as long as you are a veteran manager who understands the travel system, I don't mind if you have a different home base.

I also will only be starting in three weight classes (so as to avoid having very thin divisions with not a lot of potential for matchups) ... The starting weight classes will be:

HEAVYWEIGHT

LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT

LIGHTWEIGHT

UPDATE: WELTERWEIGHT

---

Lastly, I am open for any and all discussions of partnerships or deals or ideas, or anything people may want to shoot by me. I'm online a lot during the day, so if anyone has any comments, questions or general suggestions, feel free to hit me up.

Thanks guys!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20110530035312mlcbelt1fixed.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/thumbnail/1306727346MLC_thumb_2.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20110530035312mlcbelt1fixed.jpg

Click here for link to org.

*Thanks to Anderson Silva, owner of Yankee FL, for the excellent logos and graphics.

• Upvote 1

I should also note that I will not be hiring my own fighters into this org, so there is no worry of unfair matchmaking or of me giving out favourable matchups. My only role is as org owner in MLC!

• Upvote 1

Good luck man.

I have a few young fighters but they wouldnt fit in the non-project mould.

Nice ideas though I wish ou all the best.

I'm glad you took the plunge and went for it. I think you're probably one of most prepared new org owners out there, and I hope everything goes well for you!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I'm hoping to give everyone a great experience and make them love this awesome game!

First 50 contracts have been sent out and many still pending... many more going out right now!

This is perhaps the best org-opens thread i have seen since Blitz's, and im both excited and eager to support this new venture, i pledge my next 100k+ ID fighter to this org and any help i can provide with advice is offered freely if it is required and or solicited.

I love the name, the branding, the concept. Lets get behind this guy lads, show others who might follow in his footsteps that this is the kind of org we want and that by providing it others can be successful despite starting late to the party.

• Upvote 1

This is brilliant, and I hope to see you in the top 10 in not a too distant future. I wish you all the best and hope you drum up considerable interest. You deserve it.

I don't want to come off as the negative nancy in this thread, but how are people expected to compete if it becomes common place to buy their managers VIP? I can't afford to do that.

• Downvote 2

I don't want to come off as the negative nancy in this thread, but how are people expected to compete if it becomes common place to buy their managers VIP? I can't afford to do that.

Hey, first off, I don't think me offering this as a startup org means buying manager's VIPs is going to become commonplace, by any stretch of the imagination.

Secondly, this isn't necessarily something I am offering from here until the end of time. It's just a perk to get things started and draw up some interst and to help fill out a roster. That being said, I am committed to it for the forseeable future (I'm not saying the program will drop dead as soon as I get a roster).

I hope it gets people in the door and gets them addicted to this game, which in the long term is good for everyone involved. It will create more VIPs, who can in turn create more fighters and they obviously aren't going to have every single fighter in MLC, so it's better for all.

My plan isn't to become the financial supporter for every single person who can't afford VIP, but if I can spend a bit of money every month to get someone who has potential to be a diehard and long-term manager in both my org and in MMA Tycoon, I see that a positive for the community and honestly, the amount of time I spend on this game, I think Mike deserves the extra money! I really don't think it will negatively impact other orgs by any stretch.

• Upvote 2

Just a note to say that Maple Leaf Combat is now hiring in the WELTERWEIGHT division! Any 170 pounders looking for a contract, hit me up!

Maple Leaf Combat is now proud to announce a partnership with LHK Clothing in New York! (Link here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/clothingpublic.php?cid=1265)

They are a good clothing company who is looking to raise their profile and start sponsoring more fighters.

So how do you get fighters sponsored? All you have to do is go to their store and buy some clothes and if you are wearing a LHK piece of clothing during an MLC fight card, the LHK owner will send your fighter a $1,000 sponsorship (and a free shirt). It's that easy!

So go there and shop and be sure you are wearing one of their pieces of clothing before your fights in MLC!

Keep in mind also that the clothing store is in New York (not Montreal), so when you order, it will take three days before it arrives and can be used.

I'm hoping this is a win-win for everyone involved! Fighters need new clothes to bring their morale up and keep it up and by simply wearing this company's designs you can also score yourself a sponsorship to get a little extra money to help with training or buying supplements, etc.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about how clothing and/or sponsorships work, please message me and I'd be glad to help.

You are by far the best and most caring org owner I have come across mate. I strongly recommend to others that they get involved in this org.

You are by far the best and most caring org owner I have come across mate. I strongly recommend to others that they get involved in this org.

Very much appreciated! Tell your friends :)

You also have to take into account that only one person a month is receiving it and it's only 3 months worth.