conditioning effecting training

how bout we just take cardio level completely out of the training equation? then just have a set number of training sessions that a fighter can train a week. 11 with a strength or stamina sup. 12 with a recovery supp. that would help out supplement companies a great deal. it would also add in a few different possibilities to fighter builds. you would no longer have to spam cardio sessions for a month and then strength sessions for a month. you could just use the corresponding supplement and bring it up gradually overtime. therefore allowing us managers to jump into training our fighters immediately instead of having to grind through the super-unfun lousy way it is now.

i know i may sound a bit sour but honestly, there's nothing more goofy about this game than the cardio/strength "routine" that you have to go through for a month and a half before you can ever actually start to enjoy your fighters.

by taking away cardio's effects on training then you can actually train stamina and strength at some other point than besides the very beginning.....it just doesnt make sense to me that a fighter with feeble cardio cant train? why even put it into the game if a fighter cant train at that level? is it meant to intentionally trap newer players and screw their initial fighters over? now we all know that it isnt, but that's what happens....i know, because that's what happened to me for the 1st 6 months that i played the game as all my guys set at around proficient

im gonna quit before this turns into a bigger rant than it needs to be. but fighter creation and cardio's effects on training should definately be near the top of the list or possibly even the very top of the list for things to be looked at if you ask me. it's not a fun part of the game as it is now. it should be one of the very funnest though

so mike, let us create our fighters, train 'em (without waiting months), and then fight'em. having to wait 2 months before a guy can fight, in my opinion, is gut-wrenching. it's a fighting game. let's allow the fighters to fight more easily. im not asking for anything to be speed up. just work the settings so that it can happen in a funner time frame

I like this but instead of removing cardio completely, how about when creating a fighter, you have the option to fight or train. This way, if you decide to fight, you'd get a bonus of however many points into cardio & strength (like a randomly generated number of 50-100 for each of those two stats) instead of the usual +1 bonus given to you AFTER you click "create character". Then your fighter would be able to jump into a match as soon as he is created.

EDIT:

Just thought about it. If you do not fight after a certain time period (and you created a "fight" character), the bonus that was given should be removed due to fight inactivity.

But realistically a person with more cardio will lose less energy. In real life you have to work to get to a certain point to why not keep it the way it is it seems realistic to me. Noone starts out in top shape. :training2: :showoff:

there has to be some sort of level for judging cardio / strength during a fight -- they both come into play

this has nothing to do with how cardio effects a fight. it's directed at training

this has nothing to do with how cardio effects a fight. it's directed at training

okay explain to me how there will be different levels if you just give everyone carido and strength with no training of them needed? i understand this is focused on training but without levels of carido / strength in fight engine to sim -- are you suggesting just to make all elite or something?

okay explain to me how there will be different levels if you just give everyone carido and strength with no training of them needed? i understand this is focused on training but without levels of carido / strength in fight engine to sim -- are you suggesting just to make all elite or something?

nah man, there would still be levels of strength and cardio and you'd still have to train each one of them.....but whatever your cardio level is, wouldnt effect how often you can train your fighter. so if you have a fighter with feeble cardio, then you can still train him as often as a fighter with elite cardio. that opens up different training options.....a fighter with feeble cardio would still be waaay underconditioned compared to a fighter with elite cardio once fight time comes around.

[edit] so basically, like this, you have the option to have a fighter with feeble cardio, but instead of spamming cardio training for weeks immediately after creation, you'd have the option to train ex: kicks and use a stamina supplement to bring up your conditioning as well. but you'd lose a session per week compared to a fighter that used a recovery supplement while training.

you could still train conditioning using a stamina supplement to build cardio. that just wouldnt be your only option like it is now

strength really has no reason to be in this thread. the only reason why i mentioned it was to show how the game has a creation "routine"

how bout we just take cardio level completely out of the training equation? then just have a set number of training sessions that a fighter can train a week. 11 with a strength or stamina sup. 12 with a recovery supp. that would help out supplement companies a great deal.
Um, you do remember that we used to be to train all 12 sessions then Mike decided to nerf Recovery, right? So, he clearly doesn't want us able to do that.

Um, you do remember that we used to be to train all 12 sessions then Mike decided to nerf Recovery, right? So, he clearly doesn't want us able to do that.

well whatever. i was just using 12 and 11 sessions as an example. im not trying to get more training time out of it. i just think that it's a very poor setup with the creation process and the fact that you MUST have a fighter that has at least remarkable. there's a problem somewhere there. either you need more starting points, or a fighter with feeble conditioning needs to be less effected by a training session. (im using feeble as an example as well)

also, like i said before, i think that it benefits nutrition companies to have strength and stamina supplements viable supplements besides just directly after a fighter is created

also, like i said before, i think that it benefits nutrition companies to have strength and stamina supplements viable supplements besides just directly after a fighter is created

i would like to see something to this in effect -- where you can take two supps and get say a 1/2 - 1/2 boost from each -- or something similar

Just give new accounts an automatic strong rating in strength and conditioning for their first four fighters. This may also help with player retention.

How about just boosting the increase in conditioning you get from other types of training, to something a bit more significant?

You already get a decent boost from sparring, but we could up that a bit and up the other types of training where you hardly get any cardio increase.

I'm unsure, no doubt it is pretty boring just training cardio but I still think it's part of the game and up to you to decide the best way around it. Yes you can go the old way of 10 in cardio and 1 in strength or whatever and then do the cardio sessions and weight training. Others now like to put 110 into Conditioning from the start so they can train. I personally went for about 80 points and then just did circuit training to improve cardio as well as the rest.

I think it's right with poor cardio that you can't fit in as many sessions per week without resting. Put some guy with poor fitness in a few boxing sessions tomorrow and he'd struggle to get up and do the same again on Thursday.

Don't really buy into the waiting 2 months before they can fight either, it's just become commonly accepted by experienced users that doing this gives you a better chance of winning. I've fought plenty of times soon after creation with things like Feeble conditioning and strength and still picked up wins.

What would be next after cardio, suddenly circuit training would seem pretty boring so let's make that quicker too. Then all of a sudden it's boring doing striking defence, let's just start that off at Elite for everyone as well so you don't have to wait 3 or 4 months before you can fight.

• Upvote 1

How about just boosting the increase in conditioning you get from other types of training, to something a bit more significant?

You already get a decent boost from sparring, but we could up that a bit and up the other types of training where you hardly get any cardio increase.

I like this: increase the gains to physicals through sparring and secondary training.. That alone could alter creation builds. If this were done, it might be more worth putting points into cardio to decrease the time needed to train it if you know that all your physicals are going to increase more due to other types of training. There could be a lot of new possibilities produced from this type of change. +++1

I am on DeadlyDirk's side on this. This game is fine as it is, why makes it even faster while it is actually...quite fast already? We all feel like "Oh fuck, we must get the cardio up to 110." but then if you look at the low level fights when both guys have like proficient cardio at best, then it's all fair. You don't need 110 cardio to fight and win. We all have the 1st shitty fighter that win, no problem on that.

We all train for 2 months because we are gearing for the best. A guy can fight straight up in a low level org if he wants to. Implementing this won't really change much. The top guys will still train "project" because "project" indeed needs training while the newbies that just joined and don't know much about this game will straight up go for a QFC anyway. No change at all.

I'm unsure, no doubt it is pretty boring just training cardio but I still think it's part of the game and up to you to decide the best way around it. Yes you can go the old way of 10 in cardio and 1 in strength or whatever and then do the cardio sessions and weight training. Others now like to put 110 into Conditioning from the start so they can train. I personally went for about 80 points and then just did circuit training to improve cardio as well as the rest.

I think it's right with poor cardio that you can't fit in as many sessions per week without resting. Put some guy with poor fitness in a few boxing sessions tomorrow and he'd struggle to get up and do the same again on Thursday.

Don't really buy into the waiting 2 months before they can fight either, it's just become commonly accepted by experienced users that doing this gives you a better chance of winning. I've fought plenty of times soon after creation with things like Feeble conditioning and strength and still picked up wins.

What would be next after cardio, suddenly circuit training would seem pretty boring so let's make that quicker too. Then all of a sudden it's boring doing striking defence, let's just start that off at Elite for everyone as well so you don't have to wait 3 or 4 months before you can fight.

so are you denying that there's a gimmick in the system or not? because the way i see it you have 2 choices:

either start with 110 cardio so you can train immediately, but rape the rest of your physical skills to the point that you have no choice but to train a shit ton of CT sessions to make it back up.

or

start with 10 in cardio and give away the first 3 weeks of training, training every other training session (unfun) just to build up your cardio so that you CAN actually train your other skills.

but pretty much either way, you're forced into a training rut. that's my entire point and that's all i want to see adjusted. just implement something to add some training variety to a newly created fighter. it's a damn shame to create a new fighter and for the first 1-2 months of his career all you get done is physical training......

in my opinion, the entire process is thrown off balance because of how strength and cardio trains drastically faster than the other skills. that's why i say, make it so that you get more of your stamina and strength gains from using the supplements overtime rather than just spamming the shit out of the corresponding training directly after a fighter is created. [edit] but in order to do that you'll need to nullify some of the neccessity of using a recovery supplement. allow for the use of a stamina or strength supplement when doing regular training.

training cardio sucks. u basically get all jazzed up to make a guy, then make him, then forget about him for 3-4 weeks...

i think, in some ways, the game DOES need to be faster. most of the people here fight on the weekends. so what brings us here on the day to day? training does. so when people get bored of cardio training or older fighter's non-pops, what do they do? flame up the chat and forums? lose interest and take a hiatus or even worse...quit? search thru thousands of other users looking for any little shred of shadiness, only to make a thread and watch all the other bored people come in and let the sparks fly? start yet another org cuz they're usually more involved, even tho the last thing this game needs is another damn org?

don't get me wrong...it's not boring to me. i got plenty to do with interviews/roleplay but a lot of other people don't do that. it's fun watching your guys fight but it's a lot of fun watching your fighter progress also. you can tell when someone has a little too much time on their hands and you can tell who is busy in real life cuz they ain't around much.

• Upvote 1

I can see the appeal of taking cardio out of training and having some kind of standard drop off to replace the effect low cardio has on amount of sessions needed to rest but I think it would need to be well thought out before anything like that was actually implimented