pay scales

i apologize in advance if this has been done somewhere before, but i recently read a thread that got me to thinking about what the general consensus is regarding pay for fighters within a given p4p bracket. for example, what would most orgs offer a fighter for a 4 fight deal that is ranked in the top 3000?

org owners, please list a range of wages that you would offer to fighters of varying p4p rankings. thanks!

I feel that if org owners banded together and did sumthin like this, i'd be okay with it but I wouldn't like it if it was mandatory/computer run thing.

i agree about the mandatory/computer thing, but i wasn't looking for there to be a collective agreement to offer contracts within a certain range. i was mainly looking for a ballpark range for different p4p ranges so when i am trying to sign my guys i can make sure i am getting the best (or at least standard) offer around.

For a Top 3000 fighter, I think you're looking at 5/5 roughly. Obviously, pop also has an effect as does fighter ID and skill set - you'll attract more attention with greater skills. Additionally, a Top 3000 fighter might see a higher contract from a mid-tier org than a top org who might have less value in a Top 3000 P4Per.

i apologize in advance if this has been done somewhere before, but i recently read a thread that got me to thinking about what the general consensus is regarding pay for fighters within a given p4p bracket. for example, what would most orgs offer a fighter for a 4 fight deal that is ranked in the top 3000?

org owners, please list a range of wages that you would offer to fighters of varying p4p rankings. thanks!

For you bro, anything!?! Let me know if when one comes available. A lot of guys pay roughly $50 per average hype/pop point give or take for both win and show.

i agree about the mandatory/computer thing, but i wasn't looking for there to be a collective agreement to offer contracts within a certain range. i was mainly looking for a ballpark range for different p4p ranges so when i am trying to sign my guys i can make sure i am getting the best (or at least standard) offer around.

Lol, my bad. I misread that big time!

For a Top 3000 fighter, I think you're looking at 5/5 roughly. Obviously, pop also has an effect as does fighter ID and skill set - you'll attract more attention with greater skills. Additionally, a Top 3000 fighter might see a higher contract from a mid-tier org than a top org who might have less value in a Top 3000 P4Per.

Why would more skills equal greater attention? I know I like guys with hype that look more average, that way they aren't scaring anyone off.

Why would more skills equal greater attention? I know I like guys with hype that look more average, that way they aren't scaring anyone off.

I dont put much weight into skills. But part of the reason people want good skills is they are likely to get their monies worth. If you are say 150 hype/pop and get for example 8K/8K to fight and win for 4 fights. If you lose you are worth less than what they signed you for. If you happen to lose 3 in a row that last fight will lose them a lot of money. This isn't a huge deal as your hype is passed on to someone else. Another reason skill is wanted is you can assure they will fight anyone. I have has this in my Org. A fighter gets ranked high with good popularity. But since he is a slow popper he wont fight anyone. Wont even take a title shot when #1 contender. He was a 200 hype/pop fighter being paid as such. But i could never get a 150 hype/pop fight out of hype as he only would fight noobs with no value. So he is a big waste of money.

I don't even look at p4p or w/c ranking. It has no direct bearing on a fighter's "worth". Hype/pop average is what puts asses in seats

Hype carriers on to other fighters in the event of losses though, popularity doesn't seem to.

I dont put much weight into skills. But part of the reason people want good skills is they are likely to get their monies worth. If you are say 150 hype/pop and get for example 8K/8K to fight and win for 4 fights. If you lose you are worth less than what they signed you for. If you happen to lose 3 in a row that last fight will lose them a lot of money. This isn't a huge deal as your hype is passed on to someone else. Another reason skill is wanted is you can assure they will fight anyone. I have has this in my Org. A fighter gets ranked high with good popularity. But since he is a slow popper he wont fight anyone. Wont even take a title shot when #1 contender. He was a 200 hype/pop fighter being paid as such. But i could never get a 150 hype/pop fight out of hype as he only would fight noobs with no value. So he is a big waste of money.

Much of what BrainSmasher said, Judoka. I'm not saying that a guy like Arthur Meighen would receive less money than a guy like John Farson, but I've seen fighters who are 120k ID that have Top 2000 P4P rank with Wonderful/Feeble/Respectable/blue that I just know aren't going to cut it yet against top competition yet. Some org owners might not care and might still offer this guy a contract, but I know I wouldn't because at the end of the day, its more trouble than its worth.

I think I screwed up. Got a 5/6 contract on a fighter that was 200p4p :( It did include a 25k signing bonus though.

You did.

I will say i dont waste my time of guys with no popularity. I dont care what their P4P is. Nothing kills a division more for an Org than a top 100 P4P fighter with popularity half of his hype. They kill other fighters that are much more value and when you put high ranked guys against them you lose money. I will only send an offer to these guys when i can get them cheap or get them to fight another low pop fighter.

Well I'm a fool, one of my crappy first build guys have hype/pop of around 250 (249.479 to be exact thanks to tycoon tools) and he is on a 2400/2400/2400 contract. Though to be fair after the next event when he fights a FAR superior fighter that will drop a fair bit lol

Well I'm a fool, one of my crappy first build guys have hype/pop of around 250 (249.479 to be exact thanks to tycoon tools) and he is on a 2400/2400/2400 contract. Though to be fair after the next event when he fights a FAR superior fighter that will drop a fair bit lol

You have to divide that number by 2 to get your hype/pop average. Thats how it works. You dont add them together. You use the average. So your fighter has a 125 value roughly.

In all honesty, I never had a certain contract I offer to certain hyped fighters.

A few key things I look at and consider looking at when I offer a contract are these..

1. It all goes with who the manager is, if he/she is active and has a good reputation and is respected with-in the game then I am willing to pay more.

2. Potential. I will pay more if I believe the fighter can do big things and win in my org. If a guy has a lot of hype coming in but I think he will lose his first 3 and lose all of it, the chance of gamble I'm gonna take on paying him big money decreases. This includes looking at primaries, past opponents and if they beat, and or were beat by good competition.

Hope this helps a bit Skint. But honestly it all depends for me.

I will say i dont waste my time of guys with no popularity. I dont care what their P4P is. Nothing kills a division more for an Org than a top 100 P4P fighter with popularity half of his hype. They kill other fighters that are much more value and when you put high ranked guys against them you lose money. I will only send an offer to these guys when i can get them cheap or get them to fight another low pop fighter.

I couldn't agree more.