Spirit Jiu-Jitsu Championship

Nicko19

Spirit Fighting Championships - LA is planning on hosting a Jui-Jitsu Tournament in the coming weeks.

We're still revising our tournament rules and requirements, but so far we have...

-Everyone will be asked to have their sliders set on 100% go to the ground (so 0% stay standing). This will avoid any strikes at all. Also, clinch is fine, but it'd have to be 100% go to the ground, no strikes.

-On the ground all sliders are fair game; ground strikes will be allowed to help keep the fights exciting and keep the sub spams down.

-We would offer "small" contracts, but the winner of the tourney would receive a cash prize and receive the prestigious title of first "Spirit Jui-Jitsu Champion". SFC will keep detailed records of contests and post them in their records section.

-The fights are currently being discussed as open weight contests, but some talk has been done of limiting the weight classes to a maximum of light-heavyweight. (To minimize the disparity between fighters)

The current managers and fighters signed up are as follows:

-Jake Kelley, Hiilo Rodrigo, 101251, 0-0, Red Belt,

-Nicholas Wolfwood, Lance Domingo, 83971, 2-0, Black Belt,

-Declan Moloney, Herman Gracie, 5528, 0-0, Black Belt,

-Billy Trent, Micheal Stubb, 43352, 14-13, Brown Belt,

-Tamel Moultrie, Jay Roc, 67917, 12-7, Brown Belt,

Anyone interested message Jake Kelley with your details.

Also any recommendations in regard to format/rules are welcome! Thanks.

Fantastic idea, I'm looking at running a tournament like this.

Good luck, and I'm debating whether to put my Black belt in.

I'll come back to you on that one.

when would this start? is there an ID limit? how many weeks would be b/t rounds? will the winner be expected to stay after the tournament is over? is it going to be 16 fighters?

-No date set yet, as soon as we can get everything set up,

-No ID limit

-Not sure about weeks b/t rounds yet, probably 2 weeks, but nothings set yet.

-No, the winner would be free after the tourney.

-At least 8 fighters, but if enough people want in, 16 is possible.

I have a fighter that would be interested but he still has 2 fights left on his contract :(... One thing i noticed about the rules of the tournament though, is that you might want to make one of the rules that they have to set their sliders 100% Follow my orders because if people set the slider to SHIG they could throw strikes and stuff while standing.

Hmm..Well CFL already did this and it finished just about 2 weeks ago so a little credit for the idea would be nice. PFL has also done it before CFL and I was planning on running season two but I suppose i could help you guys out, and maybe enter a fighter. You just gotta give credit to where it's due my friend ;)

• Downvote 1

Hmm..Well CFL already did this and it finished just about 2 weeks ago so a little credit for the idea would be nice. PFL has also done it before CFL and I was planning on running season two but I suppose i could help you guys out, and maybe enter a fighter. You just gotta give credit to where it's due my friend ;)

lol, I haven't been in the forums in awhile, and my alliance-mate and myself had came up with the idea together. I had heard these kind of fights were done before, but I never bothered to check for events or anything. I am interested in how these events turned out though, because we had some worries that it may not work in fights well. I'll definitely have to look for those.

But we are by no means claiming credit for the idea of a Jui-Jitsu match in tycoon. We aren't trying to step on any toes or anything, we just had some decent ground fighters and had thought of a fun way to test them.

Any help or input of any kind is welcome. :smile_anim:

Hey everyone, here to bring some news regarding our Spirit Jujitsu tourney!

Alright, as of right now...

We officially have:

-Jake Kelley, Hiilo Rodrigo, 101251, 0-0, Red Belt,

-Nicholas Wolfwood, Lance Domingo, 83971, 2-0, Black Belt,

-Declan Moloney, Herman Gracie, 5528, 0-0, Black Belt,

-Billy Trent, Micheal Stubb, 43352, 14-13, Brown Belt,

-Tamel Moultrie, Jay Roc, 67917, 12-7, Brown Belt,

-Micheal Schofield, Osteo Sarcoma, 10518, 15-10, Brown Belt,

So,

-We are currently taking 2 more fighters at the moment, though we have some people that are interested if nobody else with more talent steps up.

-I have talked about the rules/regulations... We'd like to do: 3 rounds, 10 min rounds (to allow enough time to get the takedown and then enough to employ gameplans, everyone should have jiu jitsu skill so nobody should tire too quickly while on the ground), we're still working out if it'll be whole fight, or round scoring.

-Nobody is required to stay signed with SFC or do anything they dont want to, after-all, you'll have to accept the fight offer to allow it all to go through.

-The winners, basically everyone who won- even one fight, will be posted in our SFC news section, where we will display 'career' SFC tourney stats.

-We would love to start a 16-man tourney in the future, this first 8-man one is a little more of a test, but at the same time, it should prove to be very exciting! In STC (Spirit Tournament Championships)- we expect to host a tourney once every 2 months or something. We'll do it pretty similar as we do in SFC, starting with STC1, then STC2... and so on.

-The sizes of each tourney will be completely based on who is all willing, and able to participate. We expect after STC1 + STC2 to get a mass array of fighters interested in testing their 'jitz' out in our highly competitive STC tourneys!

-Also, I.D's are pretty much whatever, BUT, I would prefer to just get those above 20k I.D. for now. After this first tourney, any # should be fine, but we'll have to base it on the situation and the fighter. (Every case is different. We currently even have a 10k i.d. fighter, but he is not a top 10 p4p or anything like that.lol)

-Contracts will likely be a bit cheap, however, we will offer a Win Bonus, or "Round Bonus" for each of our winners of each round. So, if it's a 8-man tourney, then the first 4 winners will receive a bonus for winning in the form of a Win Bonus on Contract. This will make everyone happy to win, even just one fight, while also making it worth your while.

-The contracts we have talked about being are: $1 sign bonus/ $500 base pay /$1500 Win Bonus or Round Bonus.

-Also, the winner of STC1, will receive $15,000. However, if the winner only wins via decision, then he will just get $10k, while 2nd- the loser will get the remaining 5k.

-As of now, everything is set to move forward, we are ready to make this happen soon! We will leave this open for a little longer to get some unique fighters in here, but we would like to get all this going, a.s.a.p.

-Finally, if you are under contract, we cannot sign you. We are very open to negotiating things, and if you miss out on this one, we would like to host these every once in a while, so there will be more for your fighters to be a part of. If you aren't able to be released from your contracts now, just try to fight it out, or wait it out, and we'll get you in a future tourney, no worries.

But please let us know, so we can reserve your spot for our future tourney's, We'd like to do this to avoid any anger or frustration in people from them being filled. Just msg me, and let me know about when your fighter will be able to participate, and we'll reserve his spot in whichever tourney will be going on during that time.

-Just as detail, we will likely pay the winner or winners of STC1 via sponsorship from Narcissus Clothing in Hilo.

*Note: If anyone is a dedicated Tycoon manager, with no alliance, we are seeking some honest people who are willing to work together to build some legendary tycoon fighters up. We're open to talking with anyone, so please feel free to message either Nicholas Wolfwood, or Myself about the details.

Thank you all,

and good training, I hope to hear from some of you soon!

-jakey373

Quick STC tourney Update:

*We just received word of one fighter out of Rio who is interested, and officially in!

-Rodrigo Costa, Mitsuyo "Kaunto Sentō" Maeda, 96079, 0-0, Black Belt.

*Mitsuyo is no doubt ready to show off his training, and with a few other young fighters in this tourney, it should be very interesting to see if experience or skill wins each match!

*We only have 1 spot remaining, but will be fine with taking reservations now.

so, if we get a few ppl interested, then we'll have to take the first one, and let the others be first to be involved with STC2.

Thanks,

and act quick,

One spot left!

-jakey373

Hey guys!

we are officially full for this first STC Jitz tourney!

However, we are taking reservations for our future STC Jitz tourneys.

So, jump on the chance to reserve your spot before we fill up with 16 fighters ready to go to war... Jitz style!

Please feel free to msg either Nick, Myself- Jake Kelley, or this forum, and we'll write you down as a reserve for the next tourney.

--------------------

Just as a update, here are the 8 STC Jiu jitsu competitors for STC1:

1. Hiilo Rodrigo, 101251, 0-0, Red Belt

2. Lance Domingo, 83971, 2-0, Black Belt

3. Herman Gracie, 5528, 0-0, Black Belt

4. Michael Stubb, 43352, 14-13, Brown Belt

5. Jay Roc, 67917, 12-7, Brown Belt

6. Osteo Sarcoma, 10518, 15-10, Brown Belt

7. Mitsuyo Maeda, 96079, 0-0, Black Belt

8. Brock Gracie, 94046, 1-0, Black Belt

-I am about to send out the contracts and terms. We are very ready to get this going, and hope to begin in just a few short weeks!

-The first round will likely begin in 2 weeks or so from now, while the ones after- so the next rounds of the tourney will be around 1-2 weeks after the first round, in case of injuries that any fighter may suffer. We are able to push the tourney back a max of 3 weeks due to injury, but we're able to work things out, to avoid any fighter to have to fight with an injury.

-We are signing you all to a 3 fight deal, if you lose the first or second round, then I will release your fighter as soon as i can, and you'll be free.

*Remember, you all have a chance of winning $15,000! So, this is not a bad investment at all! (the contract we're signing all STC fighters at will be: $1/$500/$1500)

Thanks go out to everyone involved!

And stay in the gym, this tourney is gonna really prove who came ready!

:training2:

Don't forget,

*All sliders must be set on: 100% Follow orders, and 100% go to the ground. (so 0% shig, and 0% stay standing, and the same from the clinch, 100% go to ground, 0% stay standing. We also discourage standups heavily, we would like you to go 100% stay on the ground, so 0% stand up while on the ground- top and bottom. Referee standups are gonna happen here and there, but nobody should ever really just standup from the ground or be too boring to do anything and get repeated ref standups.)

So, good luck to everyone, and I hope to see some fantastic grappling matches soon!

Thanks,

-jakey373