Mentor System

This could be really helpful if someone wishes to open a company but aren't sure how to run it. They could be paired up with an experienced manager who already has a company that they are interested in started up.

E.g. Noob wants to run a gym -> gets paired up with experienced gym owner -> noob gets better understanding of how gyms are run

etc.

OK I'm gunna start work on a mentor system today.

We'll pair up new and old managers (that want to be paired up) and the old guy will be able to help the new one.

So you'll get a record for how your mentees are getting on W-L-D, plus I am going to give the mentee an option to let the mentor see their fighter's skills and sliders.

Is there anything else that you would like to see in this feature?

Also, how long do you think you should be able to have a mentor? Say 3 months into the game you should have to go it alone?

I realize I joined in February, but I could really use a mentor. I have been training my fighters for the first 3 to 4 months only fighting them here and there. I am just now starting to fight my (now) 19 year olds, would really like the critic on my skills thus far, & would greatly appreciate slider help as I will be fighting my first round of 18 now 19 year old project fighters on a regular basis.

This is a tremendous idea, I want to definitely sign-up to have a mentor, and I'll do my best to be the best protege in the game.

I'd happily take a mentor too...

Like to think I have a pretty good grasp of things so I'd be low maintenance, but it never hurts to have a good teacher helping you out :D

Hey Mike, I'm sure a few of us were wondering if you had narrowed down some criteria for who gets to be a mentor...........any news on that front???? Curious minds and all................... :mf_popcorn1:

Yikes OK... I guess we will have to bump it up from 3 months then.

There will be no limitations initially on being a mentor - there will be some sort of point where you are either eligible to be a mentee or a mentor. I had that as just 3 months on the game but I guess we'll have to make that more complex.

Good idea, too bad i do not actively fight any more

Why is that Mentor? As your name suggests, you'd be perfect for the position, lol?

But in all seriously though why not?

Yikes OK... I guess we will have to bump it up from 3 months then.

There will be no limitations initially on being a mentor - there will be some sort of point where you are either eligible to be a mentee or a mentor. I had that as just 3 months on the game but I guess we'll have to make that more complex.

Okay that's cool, I really would like the help but if 3 months is the cut-off to be a protege then I miss it by like 3 months lol. Is there anyway you can extend the qualification limit for the mentee? For even though I have been playing for about 5 1/2 months, I have been spending almost the entire time training. I have some fights, but they have all been for what were my sparbots, to make money to pay for gym fees and subs. I would be very interested in giving back after my apprenticeship was over, to sort of help pass on what I was taught?

30 fights or 6 months maybe as a long term? In order to help people like yourself now maybe have it initially as 30 fights and 9 months?

Well I have 4 sparbots and each has had a couple fights, but I haven't fought any of my projects yet. So if you would allow me a mentor that would be awesome.

I plan on getting VIP soon so hopefully someone can mentor me :D This game seems to take a lot of patience.

it does take patience, but it's worth it. and yea once you get VIP you will never want to stop playing.

Back on topic, i think another option before pairing them up should be whether they will be focused on the business aspect of the game or the fighting side or both. For instance you don't want a mentor who is really good at running an org but not good at fighter builds and sliders to get paired up with a new guy who wants to build fighters and fight, not own a company.

I'm hoping people will put that sort of thing in their "note" field as a mentor, to say what they want to help people with.

Sounds good when do you plan on having this up and running by?