New Supplement Suggestion

simonmoon

With the new training changes, I think it would be great if Nutrition could get a new product that causes skills to degrade slower, or cause it to take longer for skills to begin to degrade.

That's it really, a simple suggestion that I think would make a popular product that people would use, and it would give us Supp Companies something new to burn research & development money on.

• Upvote 1

With the new training changes, I think it would be great if Nutrition could get a new product that causes skills to degrade slower, or cause it to take longer for skills to begin to degrade.

That's it really, a simple suggestion that I think would make a popular product that people would use, and it would give us Supp Companies something new to burn research & development money on.

This is a great idea!

• Upvote 1

Bad idea in my view, what is it? some kind of shake/pill that keeps secondaries in our fighters head longer? where do you see that in real life?

Bad idea in my view, what is it? some kind of shake/pill that keeps secondaries in our fighters head longer? where do you see that in real life?

it is a difficult position to take in a game where you wear a new shirt to improve your morale.

Call it Ginko Biloba and we have the same level of realism.

+1 as this would allow people who don't want to fiddle with tickers to not worry about them until a later point.

• Upvote 1

Well I guess to have some link to realism it would have to be related to memory or something.

Omega 3?

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt183/Reider84/omega3.jpg

Or perhaps along with the memory loss we should help out their sex lives a little....

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt183/Reider84/biloba.jpg

• Upvote 1

Not opposed to it in principle.

What's it called? What does it actually do? Increase triggers? Slow tickers?

I'd want to find some sort of vaguely plausible real world situation to justify it.

I think game mechanics wise slowing tickers would make more sense than increasing triggers, but I'm not sure I really understand the changes enough yet to be sure that means what I think it does.

As for plausible real life, if "supps" are basically the in game substitute for peds I do think that slowing down ability loss is a reported effect of steroid use along the same lines as reducing needed recovery time or increasing strength gains.

So that shows a pretty clear mechanism it could be applied to Physicals. Maybe it doesn't apply as much to physicals or secondaries, but then again it isn't like someone forgets how to throw a punch. In the real world people go past their prime not because their technique itself gets sloppy but because the physical body itself begins to degrade. And that is countered in the real world with things like hormone replacement therapy.

Most of all I think it's something people would use and it would be a big boost to the supp business. Especially as the value of recovery supps just went down as it's easier to get more training in with less rest sessions after the recent changes.

it is a difficult position to take in a game where you wear a new shirt to improve your morale.

Call it Ginko Biloba and we have the same level of realism.

+1 as this would allow people who don't want to fiddle with tickers to not worry about them until a later point.

I know for a fact, that if I buy a new shirt that looks awesome, it makes me feel good, so I can understand how shirts effect moral!

Well regarding PEDs in general, I do want to implement those at some point without actually even posting about them on the spoiler page. Then you'll get a random message offering you them on the sly. If you report the dealer to the police he disappears. Or you can use him and risk getting caught when you have a fight. If nobody reports him then the hidden page stays there until someone does.

Anyway, I guess that PEDs could slow tickers and increase triggers for physicals and that could be their main benefit rather than increasing gains from training.

Well regarding PEDs in general, I do want to implement those at some point without actually even posting about them on the spoiler page. Then you'll get a random message offering you them on the sly. If you report the dealer to the police he disappears. Or you can use him and risk getting caught when you have a fight. If nobody reports him then the hidden page stays there until someone does.

Anyway, I guess that PEDs could slow tickers and increase triggers for physicals and that could be their main benefit rather than increasing gains from training.

interesting. so if they get caught, i'm guessing it will be post-fight and they'll get a suspension and fine of some sort?

interesting. so if they get caught, i'm guessing it will be post-fight and they'll get a suspension and fine of some sort?

Yup. I wasn't even actually gunna post about it in the forums before doing it but I figured no harm in having a bit of info out there :) No idea when I'll do it but that's the format it will be.

Well I thought about that actually... Maybe we have less checks in certain cities.

It would surely have to be balanced though so people don't only fight in those cities? Perhaps an almost unnoticeable difference in how fast their popularity increases or something due to rumours of roiding.

I dunno... In the Pride days people knew it was all roided but didn't care. I don't necessarily think that would be a bad thing on here. They would have to stay in e.g. Tokyo and couldn't come and fight the proper competition without being clean for a few months, so it would be like an insular roid city like it was in real life.

Could do but their maintenance would be the same as everyone else when they moved somewhere good. I mean, projects don't really have maintenance issues until they're about 60% total skill, so there wouldn't be any benefit until after that point. Maybe we could do a self confidence hit when you come off them.

I'd do a physicals hit after you come off them, depending on how long you'd been using, as this is what happens to PED users as a rule of thumb. Oh and add impotence too and we're good to go lol