Texas Rangers Fan Dies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aesp8ViZbro

I've been getting a lot of mixed reactions from this at work and from my friends. A lot of people say the fan was an idiot, Americans are stupid, the player shouldn't have thrown the ball, safety issues with the stadium, etc. etc.

Honestly I think it's just a tragic situation, I'm sure there will be a massive lawsuit. I feel bad for the kid, and for Hamilton, the dude who was just trying to be a nice guy and throw the foul ball to the fans.

Not trying to start some "stupid fans" debate, I just want to see what you guys think of something like this. The dad was just being a dad, trying to catch a ball for his kid, and in the video, I just can't see how he lost his balance. He didn't squirm or do any "oh shit" body reactions as he fell, he just, fell, right over the damn rail.

Thoughts? Should stadiums be made safer(especially baseball fields with the high walls), or should players be forbidden to throw foul balls back into the stands now?

PS: I'm not even a baseball fan, but living in America, it was kind of hard not to hear about this.

He was trying to catch the ball for his kid.

Why is that being stupid? Accidents happen, and this was a pretty bad one.

Yea that's pretty much how I feel about it.

Agreed, he was trying to catch the ball for his kid, but unfortunately he was a little over-aggressive as most fans are when it comes to balls being tossed or hit in the stands. It's a tragedy and fans need to be more respectful of the railing. It's not uncommon for fans to fall over railings in baseball, but where he fell definitely was the main contribution to his death.

thsi shit almost made me cry.... but hey, darwin was right.

I don't think this was Darwinism. The guy just lost his balance trying to catch a ball for his kid. Could have happened to anyone.

• Upvote 1

It's definitely a tragedy! All he was doing was trying to get a ball for his son, to keep as a keep sake memory from the game. The stadiums aren't unsafe by any means, this type of stuff happens. I mean we risk our lives everyday by stepping into our cars to drive somewhere.

ur video link was broken, so i finally found one that worked. didnt look anything like what it sounded when i read about it. the guy looked really drunk.

ur video link was broken, so i finally found one that worked. didnt look anything like what it sounded when i read about it. the guy looked really drunk.

What did you read?

He fell over a railing trying to catch a ball, and died.

What the hell, the railing is pretty low so it just took his weight from him, nothing about it looked drunk. Looks as if he was focused on keeping hold of the ball even as he fell, which probaby was a major factor in the fall being so fatal.

Feel really sorry for the kid, he puts the glove on his dads shoe as he falls, as if he was trying to help him.

I love how people conclude that he was catching the ball for his kid. Like we know that he wouldn't have gone over the railing to catch the ball if he didn't have kids.

Can we go back to posting fun stuff now?