Keeping / losing your BJJ belts

MMATycoon

Should you lose the belt if you drop down in BJJ?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Should you lose the belt if you drop down in BJJ?

• Yes, lose the belt
    • Lose the belt but only if you drop quite a long way below
    • No, keep the belt no matter what
    • Don't care

So if you lose some BJJ poins due to maintenance, do you keep the belt or not?

We've talked about this a couple of times in different threads but I've had two people come to me today asking what's up with losing a belt, so I want to get this sorted and official.

Note: we keep the highest skill you've ever reached so it's really no problem to keep the belt displayed from that level.

I think if you drop you should lose the belt. This isnt real life, so please dont anyone come at me with that logic.

Sure you can still basicaly tell how much BJJ a guy has via the scout page but a lot of newb players will just end up been put off a lot of fights as a result of belts when they need not and it will just have a knock on effect of head pains due to fight declines for org owners.

If people want fog of war thats another matter entirely... but keeping belts for the sake of it just seems off to me. Its like saying if i was once #1 p4p should i display that rank or my actual rank on my profile for astetic reasons, come on now.

• Downvote 1

IMO we should keep the belt, if not maybe the BJJ primary should be changed to be like the others and no longer go up in belts.

I like this idea too. Maybe it could display both, such as:

Smith has Mediocre boxing, Mediocre Muay Thai, Wonderful wrestling, Exceptional Jiu-Jitsu, and holds a Black Belt.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sure you can still basicaly tell how much BJJ a guy has via the scout page but a lot of newb players will just end up been put off a lot of fights as a result of belts when they need not and it will just have a knock on effect of head pains due to fight declines for org owners.

THIS

I think if you drop you should lose the belt. This isnt real life, so please dont anyone come at me with that logic.

If people want fog of war thats another matter entirely... but keeping belts for the sake of it just seems off to me. Its like saying if i was once #1 p4p should i display that rank or my actual rank on my profile for astetic reasons, come on now.

THIS

THIS

I put I don't care, I think things are getting changed and becoming more and more complicated.

I'm just going to build fighters, fight for 5 fights than cut them.

Just can't focus 2 years on a project than get the goal posts changed.

• Downvote 7

*lol*

This guy joined in March 2011 and is already apathetic. I mean realy how much could any of these recent changes realy be hurting him? Im amused.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just can't focus 2 years on a project than get the goal posts changed.

Two years? You've been playing since March man lol.

I'm just going to build fighters, fight for 5 fights than cut them.

I actually practiced this for a while. It's a good way to test slider/builds/hiddens etc.

Its what I've heard it takes to build the top p4p fighters, so why bother if it takes so long?

Why not be someone who is satisfied in the lower orgs?

That's my point, so don't judge me on 3 months of playing. I've done a lot of reading on this site.

Its what I've heard it takes to build the top p4p fighters, so why bother if it takes so long?

Most top p4p fighters of the older generation wherent built that way, some of the new ones are, but still.

Why not be someone who is satisfied in the lower orgs?

That's my point, so don't judge me on 3 months of playing. I've done a lot of reading on this site.

I misunderstood you then, that's all, wasn't judging. It sounded like you were coming off upset for investing that much time in a fighter, and it sounded silly. My fault.

I am someone who is satisfied in the lower orgs actually. I have no desire to be #1 and get the "You didn't fight anyone good to get there bitch!" treatment from everyone.

I see your point though, I think.