Dan Hardy

kezz

Im hoping he will get released to be honest so it gives bamma a chance to pic him up cos bamma has picked up a couple of strikeforce fighters and ufc fighter hope fully he will be released and bamma can pick him up im a big fan of british org bamma.

If he cut I would want him to fight in Bellator or he might go back to Bamma. If he isnt cut I say maybe Dennis Hallman maybe even james wilkes hes been struggling.

A couple of different opportunities. Dennis Hallman could be a good fight, Thiago Silva, I don't know if he has another fight yet. They could rematch Mike Swick, but I think he has a fight already.

Thiago Silva is a Light Heavyweight not a Welterweight

he should be cut and try to come back after,his stand up was really bad vs lytle ,stay in front of ur opponent waiting to be punch is not a good strategy .

People have always underestimated Lytle's standup, dude had a 13-1 professional boxing record. Those shots to the body in the second and third were flat out sinister. That being said I don't see Dana saying goodbye to a fighter as popular as Hardy and he's 4-4 in the UFC which isn't too terrible.

I'd love to see Hardy take on a dominant grappler like Ricardo Almeida or maybe fellow Brit John Hathaway who's just a fun guy to watch.

Either way, Fertitta has already announced that Hardy won't be cut so I highly doubt it's going to happen.

I'd love to see Hardy take on a dominant grappler like Ricardo Almeida or maybe fellow Brit John Hathaway who's just a fun guy to watch.

while that would be fun to watch, i don't think the ufc will put two brits against each other unless it's for a belt, or if one of them is a can being fed to the other before getting axed from the roster. there just aren't enough big name brit fighters in the ufc right now for them to risk having them beat each other out of the organization.

Its been all downhill for hardy eversince he lost to gsp. He lost his mojo after that fight.

LOL he never had mojo. He fought hand picked fights to get him a title fight to draw in UK fans. You really think Rory Markham is anywhere near the path to the title? There is a reason he didnt have to fight anyone in the top 10 to get a title shot. After the title shot he had to actually prove himself verses the people he jump over for a title shot and he got owned.

Hardy isn't their worst Welterweight, but he's......not really great in the grand scheme. Guy got the GSP fight because they wanted to give it to Swick, and Swick lost. He's marketed the way he is...well, mostly for being pretty damned marketable. Unique look and unique walkout. I'm going to be pretty annoyed if I actually have to see him in any sort of main event capacity again before he at LEAST wins twice against non-cans.

Edit : Random thought - Watch them book him against Matt Serra. For some reason that's very funny to me.

Hardy isn't their worst Welterweight, but he's......not really great in the grand scheme. Guy got the GSP fight because they wanted to give it to Swick, and Swick lost. He's marketed the way he is...well, mostly for being pretty damned marketable. Unique look and unique walkout. I'm going to be pretty annoyed if I actually have to see him in any sort of main event capacity again before he at LEAST wins twice against non-cans.

Edit : Random thought - Watch them book him against Matt Serra. For some reason that's very funny to me.

To be honest he needs to be released. Then he can go back to UK and fight in UK shows and allow another UK up and comer to make a name off him or built himself back up. He just isnt that skilled. He and the UFC have built him into some power punching machine and he really has very little power. His "big KO" was over Markham who has one of the worst chins in MMA. His wrestling doesn't exist, his BJJ isnt any good and his stand up is a little to stiff imo. He is tough and scrambles good but he has so much room to improve. Whether he gets better or not i dont know. But he doesn't belong in the UFC. It would be better for himself and UK MMA to not be a punching bag in the UFC and take his hype back to the UK. Really Lytle was the best style fight he could ask for.