Extreme Combat [eXc]

eXc announces latest crop of signees

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ffAyvQRjxbc/TlnNlCMoDsI/AAAAAAAAAmI/_nw8gvF9p3E/s1600/newgenpng.png

E.C. President Shane Neumann and his team have been wasting little time piecing together their first recruiting class in the company's brief history.

Matt Freeman (1-0), Trevor Gore (4-0), Javonte Norwood (0-0) and Esteban Delgado (1-0) have all agreed to exclusive contracts with Extreme Combat [eXc].

The name that stands out in this group is clearly Trevor Gore, who enters eXc riding a four-fight winning streak.

"Gore got a bit of a late start to the sport, as he didn't turn pro until the age of 25," Neumann said. "But what he lacks in the experience department, he makes up with his world class amateur wrestling background."

Gore has accumulated a 4-0 record fighting on the local QFC circuit. In addition to his superior wrestling, Gore has also shown a vast jiu-jitsu arsenal, having won all four fights via a different form of submission.

Continuing with their run of top tier free agent grapplers, eXc was also able to come to terms with highly-regarded grappling prodigy Matt Freeman.

"You know, Gore is a very good grappler, he has a lot of hype behind him right now with the unbeaten record and all, but Matt Freeman -- in my opinion -- has the potential to be one of the most feared grapplers New York has ever seen," eXc CEO Jacob Hammersmith told reporters. "Matt is only 19-years-old and already a high-ranking jiu-jitsu brown belt. He's got a great team surrounding him. His manager Myron (Monroe) is widely-regarded as one of the most respected managers in the region. I'm very much looking forward to witnessing the continued development of Freeman right before my own two eyes."

Keeping in the theme of excellent grapplers; Spanish amateur wrestling champion, Esteban Delgado, has also signed on to fight for the upstart New York promotion.

"World class wrestler..." Neumann said with a grin on his face. "He's a world class wrestler who is quickly becoming more and more well-rounded by the day. Delgado is a fighter who sets a high pace, and has the ability to takedown a red wood with his power shots. He'll definitely be a budding star in our featherweight division."

But don't worry if you're not a fan of grappling, as the eXc team were also able to come to terms with boxer-turned-mixed martial artist, Javonte Norwood.

"Norwood was an accomplished amateur boxer who is looking to transition his game to MMA," stated Hammersmith. "The kid has some of the heaviest hands I've ever seen. He's six-foot-seven, two hundered and eighty pounds of pure havoc. I have no doubt he's going to have plenty of fighters on the canvas staring up at the lights when all is said and done."

Neumann announced that Freeman, Delgado and Gore will all see action on the organization's inaugural October 1st event. Norwood was neither confirmed, nor denied as competing on the card.

The promotion is currently looking to sign fighters in all weight classes. If you’re interested in competing for eXc, please direct all inquiries to either Shane Neumann or Jacob Hammersmith.

Original Article: eXc Online

Organization HQ: Extreme Combat [eXc]

• Upvote 1

Local prospects Ames and Wolfwood sign multi-fight deals with eXc

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2141/excfutureprospects3png.png

New York's latest upstart organization continued to gain legitimacy today after announcing the signing of a pair of local blue chip prospects. Nathan Ames (3-1) and Harques Wolfwood (5-1) both agreed to multi-fight contracts with Extreme Combat [eXc].

"It's really exciting to be able to announce the signing of fighters of this caliber," eXc President Shane Neumann told media.

Nathan Ames joins the promotion after going a perfect 3-0 with the QFC. His lone loss came at the hands of Kris Smyth (13-6) at a Bellum event in Los Angeles earlier this month. The light heavyweight prospect has finished all but one of his fights by knockout, and is considered to have well-rounded, elite level striking.

"Ames could be a world champion kickboxer if he wanted to be," Neumann said. "His ground game is quickly catching up to his striking ability. In addition to his sensational standup, Ames is also a purple belt in jiu-jitsu with remarkable wrestling ability. He's definitely a guy we can build our entire light heavyweight division around. I would expect to see him fighting for a title before year's end."

Also coming on board with eXc is heavy-handed big man, Harques Wolfwood. The super heavyweight enters the organization having gone 2-1 in the TTFC. All five of his wins have come by way of knockout.

"Without a doubt, Harques is going to be the anchor of our super heavyweight division," stated Neumann. "I love guys who finish fights, and Wolfwood never leaves it in the hands of the judges. He's going to be an absolute force. I'm expecting to award plenty of 'Knockout of the Night' bonuses to Wolfwood before all is said and done."

Both Wolfwood and Ames have been confirmed for the eXc: Combat Challenge NYC card on October 1st. Opponents are still TBA.

eXc and Hellbent strike sponsorship agreement

It was revealed today that New York-based Extreme Combat and Las Vegas-based Hellbent Clothing Co. have struck an agreement that will see the #1 ranked clothing company in the world sponsoring the upstart fight organization through Spring 2012.

"It's an absolute thrill to be working with as an accomplished a company as Hellbent," Extreme Combat President Shane Neumann told EXCMMA.com. "Our deal runs through April of next year. I believe just being associated with their group ups our status in the New York community."

Hellbent is widely regarded as the most successful clothing company is the history of mixed martial arts. They were voted 'Clothing Company of the Year' in 2010 and have already produced sales of more than five million dollars worldwide in 2011.

"We feel this relationship will be very beneficial for both parties," stated Hellbent owner Chuck W. "We're in a position financially to be able to help support a promising young promotion like eXc in New York. I feel Hellbent and Extreme Combat will have a great working relationship for years to come."

The deal will see Hellbent displayed prominently in the center of the eXc cage, and on two of it's corner pads for every event. Also included in the agreement will be rights to each show's 'Knockout & Submission of the Night' awards.

Welterweight and Super Heavyweight Grand Prix announced for October 1st

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/7227/exccanvasfinaljpg.jpg

NEW YORK, NY (September 1st, 2011) - The highly-anticipated promoting debut of Extreme Combat [eXc] will take place on October 1st at the Micro Arena in New York, NY and features a pair of Grand Prix tournaments, it was announced today by eXc President Shane Neumann.

The Grand Prix format--a four-man, single-elimination tournament taking place over two months--will crown the organization's first super heavyweight and welterweight champions. The bouts will be broadcast via a live stream by eXc Media Inc., beginning at 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PST at EXCMMA.com. The suggested retail price is $9.99.

"The Grand Prix format can be traced back to the grassroots of mixed martial arts," said Neumann. "Fans will be given the opportunity to witness some of the organization's most talented fighters go head-to-head right out the gate. And they will see first-hand the intense conditioning, determination, and mental fortitude will that is needed to survive in such a demanding format. Fans better purchase their tickets quickly because we are expecting a sellout."

The names announced for the super heavyweight tournament were: Harques Wolfwood (5-1), Roman Greenberg (3-1), Keoni Smith (2-0-1) and Shawne Parker (3-1).

eXc CEO/Matchmaker Jacob Hammersmith stated, "This is a very well-rounded group of competitors. Obviously the name that jumps out as a potential front runner is Wolfwood. He's got some of the heaviest hands in all of New York. I'd say Keoni is definitely the darkhorse. When this kid is on, he's as good as any other fighter in the division."

The names announced for the welterweight tournament were: Hercules Belvedere (8-0), Christian McDermott (5-2), Eduardo Ronaldo Nogueira (3-1) and Kirill Fedorov (9-2).

"We have some bad [explitive] in our 170 lb tournament," Neumann told media. "The favorite has to be Fedorov. He's by far the most experienced fighter in the group. He's a the former EPF middleweight champion. Great stand-up, good grappler. Belvedere is very capable in his own right--he's undefeated, a local favorite--but he's yet to really prove he can beat someone like Fedorov. McDermott is red hot as of late. He's been begging me for a big fight. Nogueira is the runt of the group, but he's capable of submitting anyone, at any time. Kid is a legit black belt."

In addition to the grand prix opening rounds, matchmaker Hammersmith also announced that Nathan Ames (3-1), Matt Freeman (1-0), Tony Foster (1-0), Ilya Murometz (4-3), Esteban Delgado (1-0) and Dylan Hollinger (1-0) will be featured in superfights on the show's undercard.

"As if the tournaments weren't enough, we have some of the top young talent in New York littered throughout our preliminaries," Hammersmith said. "If we knew our first card would be this stacked, we would have booked a much larger venue. This show is can't miss!"

Tickets, priced at $150, $100, $75, $50, and $20, will go on sale Saturday morning (September 2nd) at 10 a.m. EST and will be available for purchase online at EXCMMA.com.

eXc's latest recruiting class chock-full of international talent

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/473/excinternationaljpg.jpg

Extreme Combat [eXc], today announces the signing of former world champions, Noah Puckerman (4-1) and Kirill Fedorov (9-2), along with fellow international prospects Harold Howard (6-1), Ashida Kai (2-0), Frank Wolfen (2-0), Steve Gronkowski (5-2), Eduardo Ronaldo Nogueria (3-1), and Andy Burda (3-0).

Shane Neumann, President of Extreme Combat, said, “We share the excitement for Fedorov and Puckerman with MMA fight fans around the world. The signing of these world renowned athletes underscores eXc’s commitment to the development of world class live entertainment for our action sports MMA growth.”

Fedorov comes to Extreme Combat having won nine of his last ten fights. The Helsinki middleweight is best known for his time spent inside the European Pankration Federation and Warzone FC organizations, where he reigned as 185 lb champion. His debut is scheduled for October 1st against Christian McDermott (5-2) in the first round of eXc's welterweight title grand prix. It will be Fedorov's first fight at 170 lbs.

"Fedorov is going to be as big a welterweight as any in the world," eXc CEO/Matchmaker Jacob Hammersmith told reporters. "Even at middleweight he looked big. He's a legitimate former world champion who I believe hasn't seen his best days. We're excited to see what he'll be able to do against some of the top 170 lbers in New York."

The biggest signing of the week came courtesy of highly-touted Canadian light heavyweight, Noah Puckerman. Originally from Lima, TX., but now fighting out of the Riddum Gym in Montreal, Puckerman most recently spent time with Sudden Impact FC, where he rose to the rank of division champion at the tender age of 21. Still only twenty-two years old, Noah is already considered by many to be one of the most technical strikers in all of North America.

"Boxer, Kickboxer, Mixed Martial Artist -- this kid could be doing just about anything right now, but has decided to concentrate fully on MMA," Hammersmith told EXCMMA.com. "He's still only twenty-two years old, and yet already knows the feel of gold around the waist. We fully expect to see him competing for our title before year's end."

Although they don't quite receive the same media attention as the two former world champions -- Harold Howard, Ashida Kai, and Frank Wolfen are thought by many experts to be the best signings of the week based on potential.

Harold Howard, one of the more popular up-and-coming mixed martial artists in all of Canada, most recently competed under the Sudden Impact FC banner. The 6'5" 277 lb heavyweight has won all six of his fights by way of first round knockout. His lone loss came against fellow prospect Logan Harter (9-1) in a bout that was named 'Fight of the Night'.

"Harold is like the Arturo Gatti of professional mixed martial arts -- you're just never going to see him in a boring fight," said an elated Neumann. "He either knocks you out, or he goes out on his shield. You've gotta love guys like that. His manager, Chris Partridge, is thought to be one of the best in the world. It's a pleasure to have his guys with us. Along with teammates Puckerman and (Jordan) Elerbe, we recruited Howard in attempts to deliver to our fans the most diverse group of talent we possibly can. I'm positive Howard will fully live up to everyone's high expectations."

Joining the promotion's deepest weight class, Ashida Kai is an undefeated welterweight prospect currently training out of the Kelley Fighting Systems gym in Hilo, Hawaii. The Japanese-born fighter is coming off a 'Submission of the Night' win inside the Los Angeles-based Spirit Fighting Championships promotion.

"Ashida is going to most likely be the guy who will first challenges the winner of our welterweight title grand prix," Hammersmith said. "I believe he has all the tools to someday be one of the most decorated fighters in the sport. It really just depends on whether he can live up to his full potential or not. Either way, it's an honor to be able to promote a fighter of such a high caliber at this point of his career."

Joining Kai in the welterweight division is 20-year-old knockout artist Frank Wolfen. He enters eXc after going 2-0 with Top Dog Fighting in Montreal, winning both fights by way of first round knockout.

"We've had my eye on Wolfen for a few months now," state Neumann. "He's still very raw, but his skills are developing at a rapid rate. You can tell he picks up on things rather quickly. They should require him to register his hands as lethal weapons. To steal a line from the movie Rocky IV: Whatever he hits, he destroys! The kid should eventually transform into one of eXc's top welterweights."

Steve "Gronko" Gronkowski of Brussles, Belgium and London, England's Andy Burda have also come to terms with Extreme Combat, but aren't expected to see action until around December.

Neumann told media, "Before they join eXc, we're going to be farming Gronko and Burda out to promotions in their respective home countries -- friends of ours. They'll be joining us later this year. I'd expect to see them making their promotional debuts in late November-early December."

In addition to the group of signings, Hammersmith also announced eXc's intentions to match newly acquired Harold Howard against former NYFE heavyweight champion, Tommy Reddinger, in the main event of Combat Challenge NYC II on October 22nd.

"I think this is a great first fight for Howard," said Hammersmith. "Reddinger has been to the top. He's fought some of the biggest names in New York. Never been stopped. Like Howard, he has very heavy hands. Howard better be ready. Tommy has cardio for days. He's gone the five-round distance on three occasions. It's definitely a fight worthy of main event billing."

Stay tuned to EXCMMA.com for all your latest Extreme Combat news and updates.

Top prospect DeSean Jackson signs four-fight deal with Extreme Combat

DeSean Jackson, the aspiring MMA fighter and former Olympic wrestler, has signed an exclusive multi-fight deal with New York-based Mixed Martial Arts promotion Extreme Combat [eXc].

The 22-year-old native of Philadelphia enters the organization with an overall record of 2-0-1. Jackson is known as a freelance mixed martial artist whose style is an aggressive mix of wrestling, muay thai and boxing. He's coming off a controversial draw last weekend with Calle Pajander in a bout that took place inside Hawaii's famed Blitzkrieg Fighting Championships. It was there he was discovered by eXc staff.

"I was in Hawaii last weekend with Shane (Neumann) for the Mjoinir/Ryan title fight, and DeSean caught our eye fighting in one of the show's preliminaries," CEO/Matchmaker Jacob Hammersmith told EXCMMA.com. "I really wasn't expecting much. The kid seemed completely out of his element. He's thousands of miles away home fighting in the largest organization in the world. Only had two pro fights coming in. Stands MAYBE five feet even."

The latest eXc signee would see his hand raised, but unfortunately, it was at the same time as his opponent. Jackson dominated in the clinch and controlled on the ground, with the stand-up battle being a stalemate. Yet somehow, only one judge actually scored it his way.

"I was utterly stunned," said eXc President Shane Neumann. "Both Jacob and I thought DeSean had it in the bag 29-28. He lost the first round, sure, but completely dominated the second and seemed to have clearly done enough to win the third."

Hammersmith says they wasted little time in offering a contract, "We were introduced to Jackson and his manager, Jus Dawg, at the after party. The four of us started talking contract and they informed us his was up with BFC. Jus shot us a number and we accepted. It was as simple as that."

Jackson made things official yesterday when he relocated from Hilo to New York in order to train at the famed Philly Dawgz Gym in downtown NYC, which also serves as home to current regional champions George Steele and Cain Colbert, amongst others. According to Hammersmith, he's expected to make his eXc debut on October 22nd.

Welterweight title tournament pairings announced

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/663/excbracketspng2.png

The first fight card for Extreme Combat [eXc], which features the opening rounds of the organization's welterweight and super heavyweight title tournament, is quickly taking shape.

It was announced today the pairings for eXc's welterweight title tournament. The four-man field will bring a dominating 25-5 record into the cage that includes 19 combined stoppages. The four welterweights are set to square off at Combat Challenge NYC, as the promotion will determine who will earn the right to reign as eXc's inaugural 170 lb champion.

Former EPF and Warzone FC middleweight champion, Kirill Fedorov, brings his 9-2 overal record into the tournament as the top seed. Winner in nine of his past ten fights, Fedorov's opening round fight with fellow jiu-jitsu ace Christian McDermott won't only mark his first fight at welterweight, but also the Fin's first fight in America.

"I'm very excited to be given the opportunity for yet one more run at a title," said Fedorov through his translator to EXCMMA.com. "My team and I have been preparing very hard for this fight. We are ready to put on a show for the American fight fans."

The one concern about Fedorov coming in was his weight, but the Helsinki fighter assures fans and fellow competitors that he has no fear of stepping onto the scale.

"I successfully made a practice cut to 170.8 lbs this weekend with my trainers," said Fedorov. "Weight is the least of my concerns. I am now just concentrating on putting together the best gameplan possible for my opponent."

Fighting in the second tournament bout is a combatant very familiar to the New York metro area. Hercules Belvedere, the number two seed, returns to NYC following a seventh month absence that saw him training at the famed Blitzkrieg Gym in Hilo, Hawaii. The undefeated Coney Island native is adamant that he's completely focused on the task at hand.

"It's great being back in the 212, sure, but obviously it has it's downfalls," stated Belvedere. "Lots of people calling for the 'hook-up' on tickets. Family and friends constantly dropping by the gym unannounced. My team has done a great job isolating me from the nonsense, though. No excuses here. I'm thrilled to be getting the chance to fight again in front of my hometown fans."

The three and four seeds are far from being dead in the water. Christian McDermott (5-2) and Eduardo Ronolda Nogueria (3-1) are both highly-regarded grapplers looking to make a big splash in the New York mixed martial arts scene.

Nogueria, a native of Sao Paulo, Brazil, now lives and trains out of New York. Not unlike most Brazilian grappling prodigies, Nogueria received his black belt at the ripe young age of 21.

"I win this tournament and I'm immediately on the map as one of New York's top welterweights," Nogueria said. "This is what I want more than anything. For me to be able to bring the title back home to Brazil would mean much to me. I will win this fight. He may be a black belt, but his white boy jiu-jitsu is no match for what I have in my arsenal."

Following in the form of his underdog counterpart, McDermott is also a decorated jiu-jitsu practitioner. The high-ranking BJJ brown belt is winner of his last four fights, three coming by way of submission.

"I'm more than excited to be fighting for my first title," McDermott told reporters with a smile on his face. "I know that I'm coming in as a pretty big underdog, but I also know that if I can get him to the ground, the fight is mine for the taking. Nobody should be counting me out"

Tickets for Combat Challenge NYC are currently on sale and priced reasonably at $200, $150, $80, and $45. Tickets are available at all New York Ticketcenter locations. Tickets also are available for purchase at www.excmma.com or the Micro Arena box office. Tickets are subject to convenience and service fees. Card Subject to change.

I'm sure Mike did the right the thing and had good reason. It may be an inconvenience to have an org disappear but personally I'm happy that Mike kicks multis and cheats when they are found.