Mayweather VS Ortiz

Face Kicker

Yeah the excuses don't make much sense, however I am "afraid" of needles myself.

It's not that, it's the the man has tattoos all over his body. I also bet that if 50 million dollars depended on it your fear for needles would be a whole lot less.

i'm not an expert but the referee is supposed to say engage before u can fight no ?

That fight is a BS .

What a sneaky guy .

Mayweather can be a great boxer but after the fight he trash a 60yo guy in the post fight conference lol ,classless act .

And how long time will he duck pacquiao ??

One of the few times I completely agree with you. Those punches were before the fight was re-started and the ref had his back turned. Should be a DQ or a NC at best. He is a dirty piece of trash in every way.

if remember correctly mayweather wanted Olympic style testing where they take blood a week before the fight and pacman didnt want it done till after the fight ---- more or less bullshit either way but just one of those things -- i do hope we get to see this fight soon though

He agreed to Olympic style testing any time prior to 1 week before the fight or anytime after the fight including minutes after the fight. He did not want to lose any blood just before the fight believing it would make him weaker. Mayweather demanded the test be random up to the day of the fight which was too close to fight time for Pacman to accept.

One of the few times I completely agree with you. Those punches were before the fight was re-started and the ref had his back turned. Should be a DQ or a NC at best. He is a dirty piece of trash in every way.

The ref re-started it, you can both see and hear it when it happens but they started all the replays too late after it happened.

FMJ demands are ridiculous. Performance Enhancers help you during training. Olympic style testing would catch Pacman using anything while training for the fight. Nothing pacman can take 1 week before the fight is going to help his performance. Theonly thing he could do is use a diuretic and be able to cut more weight. But he is already the smaller man anyway. So that wouldn't help either. This was just an ecxuse to avoid fighting Pacman and risking his big paydays. I took it as an admission that Pacman was better than him. To demand the testing like that he is telling everyone that the Pacman everyone has been watching would beat me. So im going to ask for special testing and hope i get a different Pacman.

• Upvote 1

If the juicer thinks that's true than he wouldn't be a juicer.

I started realizing how important drug testing was after following Tyson Gaye's road to the olympics. He participated in a campaign to clean up athletics. He would submit to random drug tests a whole year (or two?) leading up to the olympics. He was the favorite to win gold at the olympics, but couldn't even reach the finals. He never come close to the times he usually ran. The olympics were over and Tyson went off the program. A year later he ran the 3rd fastest time ever. Of course it could all be a coincidence, but if there's one thing that Tyson proved it's that being clean doesn't help.

I'm a big fan of Pacquiao as a fighter, but I find it hard to choose the side of the athlete that refuses to prove that he's clean. The dumb excuses and argumentation from his camp also didn't help. Pacquiao is afraid of needles. Pacquiao never failed a drug test so he must be clean. Pacquaio wants to do a drug test but only on a fixed date and weeks before the fight.

I think it's not about the needles. I saw pacman in an interview here in the Philippines where he stated that it's about the blood taken away from him before the fight. It makes him weak or something. It may not really weaken him but if it messes him up psychologically it could mess up his game. It's not just about physical condition it's also about your mental condition as well.

this was one of the best pro wrestling shows ive seen ^^

Mayweathers an absolute ace of a promo

i was disgusted, shocked and thrilled for a second when he knocked him out the way he did ..it made it an over-the-top almost cartoony experience, together with the post-fight-interview & everything, highly interesting and entertaining.

im quite amazed how mentally advanced Ortiz is. if you forget about the headbutt hes like a Zen master for his age, from the little ive seen im impressed.

so .. perfect heel vs. face bout experience

• Upvote 1

It's not that, it's the the man has tattoos all over his body.

that's such a stupid argument. a syringe is pretty different from a tattoo needle, both in what it is and what it does.

and as stated already in this thread, the issue is the taking of blood, not the needle itself.

regardless, didn't pac say he'd agree to it anyway? or at least that's what his team claims, and mayweather refutes.

FMJ demands are ridiculous. Performance Enhancers help you during training. Olympic style testing would catch Pacman using anything while training for the fight. Nothing pacman can take 1 week before the fight is going to help his performance.

regardless, didn't pac say he'd agree to it anyway? or at least that's what his team claims, and mayweather refutes.

This just shows that a lot of people don't have a clue about the actual negotiations. Most likely because of Arum's smear campaign, which obviously isn't difficult against somebody of Mayweather's character. Pretty much everything was agreed to. Mayweather agreed to the weight and gloves asked by Pacquiao, both fighters agreed to a 50% share, but Pacquiao refused the Olympic style drug testing. He claimed that he was afraid of needles. After all, the drug testing by the athletic commission had to be enough as they did "the best drug testing in the world". Some time later Pacquiao Mannied up and said that he would agree to testing, but only if the dates were set in advance. Mayweather refused. Later Roach said that Pacquiao would agree to random blood tests but only if there was a cut-off date of at least a week before the fight. Mayweather agreed to a cut-off date of a week, but Pacquiao refused. Manny said that a week was too close to the fight, as blood testing made him weak. In the end Pacquiao wanted four weeks, Mayweather only wanted to give him two. Negotiations stopped.

Then after the fights Pacquiao-Clottey and Mayweather-Mosley Golden Boy (De La Hoya) and Top Rank (Arum) tried to re-open negotiations. Oscar said the deal was close to being finished. Bob Arum said that Pacquiao agreed to all of Mayweather's conditions, even accepting to blood testing up to the day of the fight, and that they were just waiting for Mayweather's autograph. He even hyped it all up by putting a countdown timer up on his website regarding "Mayweather's decision". Later the HBO president, who acted as mediator in the negotiations said that both sides never came close to a deal and one of Pacquiao's main advisors says that Pacquiao never agreed to Mayweather's testing. That was the end of it.

that's such a stupid argument. a syringe is pretty different from a tattoo needle, both in what it is and what it does.

and as stated already in this thread, the issue is the taking of blood, not the needle itself.

The issue was the needle, but Pacquiao quickly changed his story when people started asking. If you had a tattoo you wouldn't argue that a tattoo needle is better than of a syringe. It's stupid either way. The man is a boxer and if 50 million dollar depends on it you man up, even if only for the fans. You can say all you want about Mayweather's awful personality, but how is demanding a clean fight unreasonable? I'm pretty sure that if the negotiations stayed the same but the names were changed that people again would chose sides with Pacquiao, again claiming that Mayweather was ducking.

To be fair, I have tattoos but I'm scared silly of needles Lmao

On topic, FMJ is an ass and Pacman is the resident bullshit spewer. The should both fight in a pit surrounded by lions on chains just waiting for a slip to make it up to us :D

To be fair, I have tattoos but I'm scared silly of needles Lmao

On topic, FMJ is an ass and Pacman is the resident bullshit spewer. The should both fight in a pit surrounded by lions on chains just waiting for a slip to make it up to us :D

oh mike you do wonders for making me laugh but anyway, Mayweather is a pansy ass who needs to fight Pacquiao and get this shit over with. Im sick and tired of hearing about it with it not happening.

prediction: if-and-when mayweather and pacman fight, it will be boring and uneventful, and a massive letdown for the fans. this will be primarily due to everyone's expectations being so high, since the fans have been blue-balled for years about this matchup. subsequently there will be no other fights in all of boxing that anyone really gives a shit about, and boxing will slowly slide into obscurity. then, after several failed PPV's, they will transition to all fights being free on HBO/Showtime/FoxSports.

prediction: if-and-when mayweather and pacman fight, it will be boring and uneventful, and a massive letdown for the fans. this will be primarily due to everyone's expectations being so high, since the fans have been blue-balled for years about this matchup. subsequently there will be no other fights in all of boxing that anyone really gives a shit about, and boxing will slowly slide into obscurity. then, after several failed PPV's, they will transition to all fights being free on HBO/Showtime/FoxSports.

It's going to be like Pacquiao-Clottey only close! I still want to see it!

You mean Pacman throwing 1000 shots at Clottey and him blocking most with his forearms posing no offensive threat whatsoever?

Well like you see sometimes with high volume punchers you will have Floyds defensive side take over. Don't forget that speed is a counter fighter's worst enemy. Floyd won't get hit, but he won't be able to counter as effectively as usual. As a result you will have Manny outworking Floyd, but not really hit him and you'll have Floyd effectively defending but not really counter. As a result there's not going to be much of a fight and judges will wonder how they have to score it. I think it would be a close fight and although Floyd is without a doubt a better boxer, Manny could take that by outworking Floyd.

If Pacquiao's fight with Juan Manuel Marquez is close like it has been for all of the previous fights then that just means Floyd is better. End of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8_kPRkf5eY

It will be the 4th fight. I think that this will be the fight that Manny is remembered by most of all. Win or lose.