Takedown! Magazine

Caleb613

Fighter or Manager Interviews?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Fighter Or Manager Interviews?

Hi , welcome to Issue #1 of Talking Trash with Caleb Smith.

Today we have Johnson Briggs , Takedown! Proving Grounds Main Eventer.

Thanks For joining us Johnson.

So, how does it feel to be main eventing against John Fitch next saturday night?

Well , i've been training like hell for this fight and i know that i'm better than him , i have more experience than him and i'm higher ranked then him , i have no concerns about his overall game.

How did you get into MMA?

Well , i started off training BJJ when i was 12 and i got my brown belt last year and decided that it was time for a new career direction, and that ended up being MMA!

Wow! you mentioned your training, gives us a little insight as to what's going on at your camp?

We've been training a lot of Conditioning and speed for this fight , and also some boxing and wrestling. In my last 2 fights i've relied on my BJJ to win me fights, but now i'm starting to face tougher competition and i need to improve my striking and Takedowns if i am going to survive against this new breed of all round MMA prodidgy's!

How does it feel to know that you are headlining the first ever event for Takedown! ?

It feels good! , i can see that this Organization is here to stay and will one day be No#1 in the world and i am proud to be a big part of that!

Is there anything you would like to say regarding your opponent?

Yeah , it's simple .. be ready , i've taken out my first 2 opponents with submissions , but i'm not a one dimensional fighter anymore , i can hang with a boxer or a wrestler and he better be ready for that come fight night!

Why did you take this fight at 155Lb's when you usually fight at 145?

oh im about 150Lb's walking around so i am fully comfortable fighting at 155 , thats no problem for me , i'm not a big guy at 155 but that doesn't matter, in Jiu Jitsu size means nothing!

Is there anything else you'd like to add?

Yeah , i'd like to give my manager Caleb Smith a shout out! Your awesome dude! and my sponsors Terror Trition and ofcourse , come and see me put on a show next weekend!

Thanks for joining us today and we look forward to watching you fight next week Johnson.

==

• Upvote 1

Hello and welcome to Takedown! Fighting Magazine for Issue #2 of Talking Trash.

Today we have with us the manager of Takedown! Proving Grounds Co-Main Event Fighter Luta Livre , who is a Red Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and will be taking on a man 136 Lb's heavier than him in Japanese Boxing Champion Mizushima "Giant Head" Muroi.

Hi Kasper , what was your motivation for accepting this fight on just 13 days notice?

well , i got the call from Smith asking to sign another fighter that i manage , Deejay Dickson. But he has only just begun his MMA training and we are hoping to wait for a few months until his debut, so i declined, he then came back at me with a very lucrative offer asking if Livre was interested in fighting at 170Lb's (his natural weight class) but we declined , because Livre was looking for a bigger challenge; Two days later we got the third call , offering us 4000 for taking the fight 1000 for signing and 8000 for a win , and the only catch? the opponent is 311 Lb's and is a World Boxing Champion

Wow , so what did Livre say when you asked him about the fight?

actually it was rather funny, i sent him a email asking him if he would be willing to take a fight on 13 days notice, and as i expected he agreed, but he wanted to know his opponent, so i sent him the details of Mizushima and the next day he called me ,

Get this ... Short, not to be mistaken response was all I got before he hung up Livre says : "Bring him on.. I'm not scared of a fat ass boxer, this fight wont be a standup fight anyways.. He's gonna suffer hard once I start twisting those fat arms"

Sounds like Livre is confident about his chances in this one anyway , how worrying is it to know that in his MMA debut Mizushima knocked out his opponent in 5 seconds flat, and not just against anyone , against King Penguin , a heavyweight veteran with one of the most well documented chins in the history of MMA?

well , that doesn't really bother us , sure he has some amazing boxing and standup skills whatever , the kids a BJJ White belt , thats insulting to Livre , Livre wants to teach this fat ass Japanese kid not to *EXPLETIVE* with *EXPLETIVE*ing JIU JITSU!

Wow , is there anything else you'd like to add?

yeah , go and watch Livre's last two fights on the MMA- ULTIMATE SUBMISSIONS SEASON 1 DVD available now!

Oh and Mizukshima, get ready to pay some mean hospital bills Bitch!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...