here we go again

I started a thread last year about did man realy land on the moon

and it sort of took off in a way nobody expected , the thread had a great reaction on these forums which was unexpected , so now want to revisit it and see if anyone changed thier minds over the last 12 months.

the question is still the same has man ever walked on the moon?

think before you post because anything you do post will be flammed , but we are all adults so should be able to descuss this in a adult way.

for me the answer is no man never has gone to the moon , why? because we have not got the ability even today to do it , usa conned everyone and the film capricorn 1 isnt to far from the truth , listen before you post remarks such as bullshit etc , think about the other people reading this and it just may be the truth

• Downvote 2

People who believe a man walked on the moon - "We saw it on TV. We have facts."

People who don't believe a man walked on the moon. - "We watched a movie. We have facts."

Horrible counter argument. "I saw this movie someone fabricated once that made something look fake."

Damn truthers, birthers, they're all so funny. Do they actually believe in anything?

Gravity is such bullshit too. No way gravity exists. And hamburgers? Please, pull the other one.

Wasn't there just recently news about some new satellite that had enough accuracy that they could pinpoint the astronauts footsteps?

And aren't the prisms quite reliable way to determining that there is something reflecting back? Pretty unlikely to be natural occurance.

We did go to the moon and there's plenty of absolute proof. DIDM isn't here anymore so we'll probably not have many people on the other side of the crazy conspiracy fence this time :)

My question is the same as last time (which was resolutely ignored by the conspiracy people); what is real and what is fake? Why would for instance the the space station be real but going to the moon was fake? Why would sending probes to Neptune and Pluto be real but going to the moon was fake?

It's funny... the people who believe in conspiracy theories think they are the most open minded people in the world and we're all blind but really they are as closed minded as it's possbile to be, because even faced with unequivocal evidence, they still refuse to listen.

• Upvote 1

We did go to the moon and there's plenty of absolute proof. DIDM isn't here anymore so we'll probably not have many people on the other side of the crazy conspiracy fence this time :)

My question is the same as last time (which was resolutely ignored by the conspiracy people); what is real and what is fake? Why would for instance the the space station be real but going to the moon was fake? Why would sending probes to Neptune and Pluto be real but going to the moon was fake?

It's funny... the people who believe in conspiracy theories think they are the most open minded people in the world and we're all blind but really they are as closed minded as it's possbile to be, because even faced with unequivocal evidence, they still refuse to listen.

I'm always going to be on the fence when it comes to ANYTHING related to the moon. I think the reason people can accept the space station and the probes to Neptune and Pluto, whilst still doubting the 1969-1973 manned expeditions to the moon are.

A: The space station is only like 400miles away from earth, in it's low orbit. Saying the ISS is in space, is like saying you went to the beach for a swim, when you actually just dipped your toe into some wet mud in a puddle 10km from said beach (this station cost so much, the U.S, Russia, Japan, and Europe had to chip in together to get it completed).

B: There were no people on the Neptune or Pluto missions, sending metal and plastic great distances is a WHOLE other kettle of kittens compared to sending a real live HUMAN PERSON :D

all i know is, humans have a penchant for bullshitting and a penchant for eating up that bullshit if it's what they want to hear, half the planet thinks there is some form of spaghetti monster watching over us all, guiding our decisions and setting out a predetermined chain of events, which ultimately ends up leading to a grand jury esk sitdown at the end of your days, followed by the usual kindergarten routine of praise/punish.

if that many people can be fooled into thinking something THAT HUGE is real, why is a little late 60's space expedition so impossible to doubt?

The only thing that worries me, is just like religion, so many people can & will claim to know the ''truth'' and often when confronted with a challenge to this belief, they are quick to question the intelligence of the person asking the question. Nothing brings a crowd together against a perceived challenger/threate more than if they think that ''enemy'' is somehow different to them, this applies to both sides, who are just as ridiculous as each other.

I think my mind is pretty open, and it stays open ALWAYS, no amount of fact will close it shut.

Example;

Until the day i die, i will believe brussel sprouts don't taste like the universes's hemorrhoids, and as a tax payer, my money is being allocated promptly and justly :D

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nearly a half million people worked on the moon landing, and not until recently has there been any doubt we landed on the moon. Just consider how unlikely it is that a half million people can keep their mouth shut.

For anyone who has actually looked into this in a serious way (and approached everything with a critical and reflective stance, including the evidence for the conspiracy) there is absolutely no question we have been to the moon. I find this particular conspiracy to be the most frustrating because the evidence is so overwhelming and unquestionable, but people still refuse to believe it. The fact that the U.S. spews out a lot of propaganda about a host of subjects on it's own is not a good reason to doubt the moon landing. The proof is irrefutable.

i dont know what to think really, US are all bullshit so can never trust what they say.

What I always wonder is if it was real why did Russia never end up going? Or why has no one else gone up since?

Because it costs a shitload of money for something that has no use at all.

i dont know what to think really, US are all bullshit so can never trust what they say.

What I always wonder is if it was real why did Russia never end up going? Or why has no one else gone up since?

I agree

Who cares if it cost a shit load of money....we have been going to war with Iraq and Afganastan and spending billions rebuilding there shit....I say if they have made it to the moon they would have gone back by now to scan/probe it for all it's worth. I mean c'mon when people find something new on earth they go to no end to examine it to the fullest extent. Nobody has attempted to go back since we supposably made it there. The human race would want more, they would want to go back and examine it as much as possible.

I wanna see more about this new planet that's virtually identical to earth only a whole heap bigger. The moon is just a floating piece of dumb rock hanging about next to its big and clever mate so it doesn't get picked on

The moon has no worth. What do you think you're going to find there that you wouldn't find on earth at about 0.00000000000001% of the cost? The moon and earth are made from the collision of two proto-planets so it's basically the same piece of rock.

I thought there was tons of research and development that could be done on the moon that could not be done here like certain types of plastics, etc?

I wanna see more about this new planet that's virtually identical to earth only a whole heap bigger. The moon is just a floating piece of dumb rock hanging about next to its big and clever mate so it doesn't get picked on

heard about that in school today, it is like 600 light years away or something. How did they find out about it?

It was just on the routine scans done by the Kepler space telescope. It's 600 light years away, about two and a half times the size of the earth (don't know the exact figure off the top of my head), an average temperature of around 22 celsius and has a 290 day orbit so shorter years too

That's all I can remember off the top of my head though, that and they're still unsure if it has a surface yet Lmao

actually, the moon is more like our protector (and we're the big tard). kinda like how it was in Of Mice and Men. the moon soaks up lots of radiation from solar flares, and shields us from lots of meteors/etc, all the while we sit down here petting wabbits.

although, if you want to stretch things even further, Jupiter is actually our real protective big brother, cuz its gravity redirects a LOT of huge shit that would totally fuck our day up.