Best Way To Determine Champions

tnwhite73

Just started OPC in London (want contract click link in sig) and was wondering what would be the best way to determine the champions.

I could have a tournament with all the fighters.

Not sure how I'd go about that though, when I'm looking to constantly add to the roster of fighters.

The other way I was thinking was first two fighters to have a two fight win streak fight for the title.

But not sure if that is a good idea.

Opinions?

Tournaments are a good way or you could wait until you have a couple of events and then take the top two fighters in every division and throw them in for the title.

That, enough said.

Have the 2 highest hype+pop fighters fight. That way you have a string on the higher hyped+popped one. Tournaments are nice if you can get one going, but might as well just let the best 2 fight if it isn't really an option.

I would do like 4-8 events without belts involved and after that see whos on top. Make them fight for the title from there and after that it should be pretty easy to figure out who is the next contender etc...

I agree with this. You have to be able to trust your champion, giving away titles willy nilly in the first events is, in my book, a bit foolhardy. I've had 13 events so far, and have only awarded one belt as of yet...though two more are soon to follow. Your champions are intended to be representatives of your org. It's my belief therefore, that they need to fully act as such, and earn that trust.

I totally agree with waiting, and the important thing is if you give the belt to a 25 yo creation fighter (or any low to medium skilled fighter) make sure he knows your plans

The only org I've ever blacklisted and left was due to going in with creation fighters so I could fight regularly without worrying about training. Got a title shot on the premise that he was only hiring the lower tier fighters then he immediately hired ex projects and gave one an immediate match for the belt

Had to accept as champion but I was outmatched in all primaries, secondaries and physicals so had no hope of winning and had to take the loss. Nothing worse than being hand fed to a primary monster after being promised it wouldn't happen

Hang on and see where your org is going, 4-6 events and you'll know the right guy that is winning and won't be outclassed by everyone you give a shot to :D

i believe fighters should earn their shots at a title (unless their hype+pop is so far beyond everyone elses) all the title shots i have gotten have been after 4+ fights in the org. my last two title fights were against Thor Davi who belongs to a top manager in game and i lost both times, once under the old system, once under the new. i was just outclassed primary wise as he was probably trained 1v1 most of his career while kafka (my fighter) has been in semi private gyms his whole career but i still took the fight knowing i would lose because closest to him skill wise, he was well beyond everyone else in that division except for kafka, and kafka was just barely in the same league as him.

i believe fighters should earn their shots at a title (unless their hype+pop is so far beyond everyone elses) all the title shots i have gotten have been after 4+ fights in the org. my last two title fights were against Thor Davi who belongs to a top manager in game and i lost both times, once under the old system, once under the new. i was just outclassed primary wise as he was probably trained 1v1 most of his career while kafka (my fighter) has been in semi private gyms his whole career but i still took the fight knowing i would lose because closest to him skill wise, he was well beyond everyone else in that division except for kafka, and kafka was just barely in the same league as him.

I waited until the two guys fighting for the title has sufficiently distinguished themselves from the pack.

It would be unfortunate if two 4-0 guys fought for the belt, and the superior 3-0 fighter doesn't get to be the first champ.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as the game is concerned, isn't it best for his org to get a champion ASAP?

Having a rotating champion is better than an unclaimed division as far as org hype and money is concerned, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as the game is concerned, isn't it best for his org to get a champion ASAP?

Having a rotating champion is better than an unclaimed division as far as org hype and money is concerned, right?

No. Titles have no affect on hype or money.

Edit: i just checked out your blog there in your sig and its awesome man some good fights, that punch to the nuts is hilarious lol.

I would suggest not giving out a title shot until a fighter has fought at least a few times for you. That way, you get to know whether the manager is active and reliable. The last thing you want is to hand out a title shot to someone that you haven't worked with before and have them go inactive with your belt.