It's a Struggle To Sign Fighters For a New Org

tnwhite73

Don't know how many people have set up an org in London recently but I am finding it hard signing 155lbers.

I had one of my own in there but had to move him up to 170lbs to get a fight, that he will more than likely lose.

Anyone else with the same problem?

And another thing, what kind of contracts do you all accept?

I will accept most any contract if I believe the org is a quality place to fight, but I know this isn't necessarily the norm.

When I first started the game close to 2 years ago an untested 0-0 fighter would sign for something like 400/400/400. A year or so later when I was running my own org I routinely sent out 1500/1000/1500 to 0-0 fighters just so I could build up each division. The majority of those offers were declined.

My advice would be to focus on 170/185/205/265 until you get a decent income rolling in. Then when you have a good amount of cash saved up go for the lighter weight classes. They are a bit tougher to build because there are less of them overall.

I'm having problems with 155'ers, but in Amsterdam. Just sent out a bunch of contracts and expect 75% to decline/returned or cancelled by me in a few days due to being ignored.

All I will say is keep at it.

couple of tips to signing fighters (coming from someone who has the 8th most fighters signed in the game)

USE THE MESSAGE BOX..... making the offer personal helps a ton... something simple even works...i.e

"I love the way John will fit into our 155 class,"

the more personal the better i.e

"I love a guy who finishes Via head kick, I really hope you'll consider bringing John in"

or another great option is suggesting a possible matchup

"I'm looking at John facing Anderson Silva [57345] around the 23rd, would love to see you join up and take him on"

One of the things that the guys in my Org know,, is that I know their fighters, read my previews and you'll see.... and that all started with contract offers....

People wanna feel like you want THEIR guy,,, and were not just sent out a templated contract offer because they showed up on the "need contract list...

To add to this most of my offers tend to be odd numbers,,, it''s the same principle as 19.99 seeming cheaper than 20 bucks....

0-0 fighter?

3 fights 1111/1236/1357

looks like a lot more money than it is.....

Also go to the highstreet,, click the "managers online" link near the city select menu.... find online managers.... scroll down fighters list and see whose signed... message managers ... Ask about fighters....People are a lot more likely to not turn you down if you send them a message first.... It's "faceless" clicking decline for an offer from some new org with 29 fighters... but if i get a message from a manager that says "Hey man, I'm working hard on getting my ORG going,, and I'd really love to ad your guy John to our roster... what would it take ?"

if he's online at the time,,, a lot of times they will get right back to you.... and you can strike up a relationship and sign a fighter at the same time.

• Upvote 5

couple of tips to signing fighters (coming from someone who has the 8th most fighters signed in the game)

USE THE MESSAGE BOX..... making the offer personal helps a ton... something simple even works...i.e

"I love a guy who finishes Via head kick, I really hope you'll consider bringing John in"

"I'm looking at John facing Anderson Silva [57345] around the 23rd, would love to see you join up and take him on"

One of the things that the guys in my Org know,, is that I know their fighters, read my previews and you'll see.... and that all started with contract offers....

People wanna feel like you want THEIR guy,,, and were not just sent out a templated contract offer because they showed up on the "need contract list...

To add to this most of my offers tend to be odd numbers,,, it''s the same principle as 19.99 seeming cheaper than 20 bucks....

0-0 fighter?

3 fights 1111/1236/1357

Also go to the highstreet,, click the "managers online" link near the city select menu.... find online managers.... scroll down fighters list and see whose signed... message managers ... Ask about fighters....People are a lot more likely to not turn you down if you send them a message first.... It's "faceless" clicking decline for an offer from some new org with 29 fighters... but if i get a message from a manager that says "Hey man, I'm working hard on getting my ORG going,, and I'd really love to ad your guy John to our roster... what would it take ?"

if he's online at the time,,, a lot of times they will get right back to you.... and you can strike up a relationship and sign a fighter at the same time.

Possibly the best advice I've heard given in regards to recruiting. Had a couple of orgs be like this towards me before any kind of contract offer and even if that fighter wasn't ready or had a prior commitment I've generally put my next free guy in that org purely due to the communication with the owner

• Upvote 1

0-0 fighter?

3 fights 1111/1236/1357

Just taken your advice and will wait and see if it works, thanks a lot for your help.

Definitely go with a message with each contract sent. This is what I do. I used to go with the fighters name and I think this helped a lot-some good managers took contracts that were turned down by others.

Now I do a more general message. However, I still take the time to write one which people notice. I also send a message to all managers when I get an accept thanking them and to let me know if they have any questions. I see it this way, you might only be signing one fighter, but in the future they might be looking for an org owner for other fighters. Many managers have sent me other fighters which I hope is based on the above.

The main thing to remember is starting an org from scratch takes some time and make sure you communicate with your managers.