Some of these new changes are pi$$ing me off

Maybe you should quit getting mad because you lose and look at why you lose! There is reasons in every fight why it didn't go your way. Just because you cant figure it out doesnt mean the game is broken. I listed tons of possible reason why Diamond lost. If i can see them so can you. If your guy was as fresh as your opponent you would have been accurate. But you got wore out in the clinch. So he became more accurate and you became less accurate. Add to that you head hunted with your boxing. You threw 1 body punch. You never set him up to land head strikes.

#7. My connect % is now at 33% through all my fights since the change minus one. ITS NOT JUST DIAMOND its everyone I have is connecting way less than ANYTIME IN MY 2+ YEARS ON THE GAME.

#7. My connect % is now at 33% through all my fights since the change minus one. ITS NOT JUST DIAMOND its everyone I have is connecting way less than ANYTIME IN MY 2+ YEARS ON THE GAME.

who cares about the last 2 years. Its a different game engine hence a different game. What next? You should have more KO's because you beat Mike Tyson's Punch Out?

• Upvote 1

Your other fight was the same thing. Opponent was more aggressive and your answer for it was slapping him with a wet fish.

who cares about the last 2 years. Its a different game engine hence a different game. What next? You should have more KO's because you beat Mike Tyson's Punch Out?

Not saying it shouldnt change, making the point that its dropped across the board, not just one guy.

Then you have two problems. Either your definition of accuracy is different than what Tycoon has set it and you need to adjust. Or your game plan is off and you don't know how to effectively fight accurately. Your opponents in these cases managed to win. I doubt they found a setting that cant be beat. You didn't find it. There are people who have no problem landing accurately so its not a problem with the system just in how you use it.

I dont have all the answers. I learn something new each fight. But i have seen everything work at one point or another. So everything works. You just have to find how it works to take advantage.

Not saying it shouldnt change, making the point that its dropped across the board, not just one guy.

Counter strikes are easy to land before. Of course your percentage will drop. Just like Jacky Chans takedown defense. lol

Counter strikes are easy to land before. Of course your percentage will drop. Just like Jacky Chans takedown defense. lol

My percentage hasnt been that low for 2 years. Thats my point.

I won't comment on how things should or shouldn't be, but here is probably what happened in your fight.

Your opponent was the more aggressive fighter. Mike said that aggression would be rewarded more now. Also, your sliders for Diamond were probably a bit on the counter side, correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that is the case. Counter is only effective when your opponent's attacks are predictable. He threw everything at you, thus not giving you a chance to counter.

Sure I agree that going high accuracy could possibly mean you land a high percentage of weak punches, but that just isn't the way it's working right now. For this particular matchup I probably would have gone 50% on both aggression/counter and damage/accuracy. No reason to go out from there from what I see.

Edit: Same thing with Coltrane vs Mutombo. He threw everything but the kitchen sink at you. Under this current system you can't counter that. Go 50%-65% aggressive.

i just won a fight that i thought i may have lost while reading the PBP...im guessing it was due to my guy being more aggressive, even though he landed less strikes overall.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentarypbp.php?FTID=368866

Welcome to a big boy conversation. Grow up and stop exaggerating my claims. Let me break them down for you since your too immature to look at what Im saying realistically.

#1 Never said I shoudl win every fight.

#2. I said 80% acc shouldnt make you land at 30%, your connects should be accurate if you go accurate.

#3. I also stated that I was fine if i lose because I land more acc but didnt have enough damage in, but Id like ot look at my fight and SEE THAT I LANDED ACCURATELY like I set my sliders to do.

#4.Common sense dictates that the changes have cost me fights. If Im landing at 30% with no damage in on top of that then IM GONNA LOSE.

#5. If I would land better (LIKE I SHOULD) then I wouldnt lose energy in a snowball effect that gets worse and worse.

#6. If I would land better rates and and people wouldnt get a huge energy difference between us that causes their connects to go up Id win more, NOT EVERY FIGHT, but not lose every fight too.

I JUST WANT TO SEEE ACCURATE PUNCHES LAND WITH ACCURACY. That isnt too much to ask IMO.

immaturity? i didn't make a thread about losing fights. i understand that just becuz i set my slider a certain way, it doesn't necessarily mean it will happen. why? becuz there's another fighter with stats, hiddens and sliders too...something u still haven't addressed. i understand that when the NEW engine came out, i would have to try some NEW shit. u wanna keep trying to do the same ole shit, go ahead...i'm not the one having a hard time with the engine.

here's how i did it when the new changes came out:

i realized that up until this point, we didn't really know our fighters...we new a system, a flawed system.

when i first upped my comp level by bringing my guys to better orgs (early 2010), i had a rough time. sure, i won a few but i just didn't get it. i messaged a few of the top managers for some help...not slider help really, but fight philosophy at the elite levels. there was a common thread in their answers..."u need to counter more and counter harder". why? becuz that's what the flawed system was, counter-heavy.

so i did what i suppose a lot of other managers did that brought us to where we are now. i first started winning fights at 70+%, then, got out-countered so i brought it to 80+%, then got out-countered and was like, "okay, fuk it, let's go 90+%!"...the common theme i was seeing in those fights was the fact that 99% of the fights that i won, i was out-countering the opp. whenever i got out-countered, i usually lost. what's the un-counterable number? 100%, obviously.

at first, i thought "no fukn way...my dude will just stand there and become a punching bag!". then i saw the thread that karter started and saw that a lot of people were using 100%...so i went for it and won the majority of the fights.

i realize now, that i never knew my fighters. i never knew what they were good at and what they weren't becuz it never really came into play much. i really only knew that if i out-countered the opp, i'd win (usually). sure, there were ko's and submissions in there but a lot of those were from that counter system...countertakedown, counterstrike ko, countersubmission from aggro gnp. i thought that i knew them at the time but i really had no clue due to the system.

now...i have a few fighters that still fight better in a counter style but i also have found a few guys that fight WAY better at a more aggro setting. why is this possible? becuz the game system isn't flawed (or as flawed as it was) and it actually let's ur fighters be who they are. i had a rough start to the new system too but looked to find a way and it seems to have worked out quite well for me.

we all see things a different way. 10 guys can look at 10 stats and prolly interpret them 10 different ways. what the thinker thinks, the prover proves. so some see it as a system that leans less on sliders and more on hiddens while others see it the opposite but the bottom line is:

someone has to win and someone has to lose. i happen to be on the winning end and u happen to be on the losing end...right now. nothing i can say will carry any weight with u becuz u are somehow convinced that it has nothing to do with u, ur fighters or the other fighter. u seem to think that it is the system...that idea/attitude can't be fixed by me or anyone else, no matter what we/i say. at best, ur gonna get some sympathy posts...maybe that's what u want? i don't know.

so u can think ur more mature and have better big boy pants all u want. i really don't care anymore. keep complaining tho. maybe u'll get what u want, whatefver that may be.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

who cares about the last 2 years. Its a different game engine hence a different game

I care. Because in the last 2 years the fights were decided by scouting and setting sliders right. Now they are decided by who had more training before training changes and got a better roll on hiddens. The old engine was awesome and was what made this game good, but because of 1 or 2 glitches it got replaced by a complete piece of a shit engine.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

It's amazing, the people that are losing say its not about sliders anymore. Do you not think that you may be losing, or missing more shots, since the game engine changes through messing up yourself? Maybe, just maybe, you haven't adjusted to the engine change well yet and as such are struggling

I fought BrainSmasher a couple of days ago, he had the stat advantages in the stand up and wrestling (low bjj but mine was all defensive anyway) and I somehow won. He didn't do a lot in the clinch at all and was outstruck. Did he complain? No... He messaged me and we discussed the slider settings so we could both learn what I did that worked and what he did that didn't work

In other words, how about people stop blaming the game for a little while and try playing around with sliders like the rest of us. You CAN'T compare any stat to the last two years as those old tactics don't work anymore due to a new fight engine!

Changes are fine. Maybe you should have learned not to rape the counter slider and maybe adapting to new changes wouldnt be so hard. Someone has to lose and win in every fight. The losers always bitch about the game being broken.

A lot of top fighters and managers were killing under the old system with out any clinch. I have raped many of them since the changes. The game isnt broke just because they can use a glitch to hide a flaw. It was broke before and now it is fixed.

The only fighter u raped was ronnie Nose after u saw his secondaries because u just sacked him ,plus u beat him before mike fix the takedown issue .

Now fight him again and take ur beatdown .

You ducked a fight with Russian Experiment 5 who had the exact same p4p rank as you. Then you ask for high rank fighter for your low ranked fighter. That is being a fight ducking cherry picker. You had your chance. You claimed you pick up Nose because he was a god fighter and then claim to be the best manager. You asked for that fight and you lost. You want another shot you should earn it. Quit hidding your fighters.

• Downvote 1

The only fighter u raped was ronnie Nose after u saw his secondaries because u just sacked him ,plus u beat him before mike fix the takedown issue .

Now fight him again and take ur beatdown .

You did know all that when you picked him up to accept the fight with Brain Smasher. If you wouldve won would you still be saying this?

Fighters in this game do seem to gas out insanely easily, which could probably do with a fix. I've seen guys with 'Cardio Machine' on ToTT "breathing heavily" in under 2 minutes.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=365219

Gassed after one body shot and one body kick. Has elite cardio :D 30 seconds into 1st minute of 1st round :D

It's still early to judge changes imo, had only 15 fights, went 13-2 but last one got my head scratched as nothing went as planned...Maybe just hiddens were more into play, i fucked up sliders or something else (Don is monster in his own right) I dont know, but it's still uncharted wilderness to explore and get better. Tough losses happen but you can earn a rematch and try something different.

I agree the gassed thing is puzzling sometimes, I've had fights where my guy has had sensational or above cardio and it said I was gassed after 1 or 2 moves

I wonder if its badly placed flavour text or if its actually affecting the fighter...

I agree the gassed thing is puzzling sometimes, I've had fights where my guy has had sensational or above cardio and it said I was gassed after 1 or 2 moves

I wonder if its badly placed flavour text or if its actually affecting the fighter...

Well, considering how he made only 3 actions in whole minute, with agg/counter slider mostly the same as previous fight where he made 13 actions/min, i belive he was gassed :)

Ah well then it may be an issue Lmao

I only asked the question as the last one I remember (for one of my guys) said it after a couple of moves, maybe even before he was hit after simply missing a few shots, but then went on to win a decision and it seemed fine after that

You ducked a fight with Russian Experiment 5 who had the exact same p4p rank as you. Then you ask for high rank fighter for your low ranked fighter. That is being a fight ducking cherry picker. You had your chance. You claimed you pick up Nose because he was a god fighter and then claim to be the best manager. You asked for that fight and you lost. You want another shot you should earn it. Quit hidding your fighters.

LOL Pinocchio the only way u have to win is to either know the skills of ur opponents ,or use a glitch system (takedown glitch that mike fixed ) .

Without one of these 2 ur fighter would be ranked as low as Dana white dick .

Ronnie Nose was top 10 weightclass before u cheat vs him .

Not only u choose ur opponents in ur own org,

Not only u cheat to see his secondaries and physicals ,

Not only u fight only when the fight engine is broke ,

Not only u duck me when i step up on ur "wanna fight" thread ,

PUNK .

See u in the cage ,and i hope u will give him a KO bonus after he ko u fighter .

I love the new changes. I hated it at first but after playing with the sliders for weeks, I'm Starting to get the hang of it. Maybe if you use a project fighter and do a few QFCs and try to see if you can figure out a better slider plan? Keep up the good work mike.