Public gyms?

yep i've got to say that i agree with all of it. that's why mid level gyms arent really viable. unless you just want to do it. it has no other value really. because the majority of the ppl are just like yourself. they open a gym so that they can train their own fighters. opening a mid level gym doesnt cater to that unless you've got mid level fighters.....ppl can talk about the money that they make amd you're not just going to save that money. but is $3500 really enough to pay your guys ways into other private gyms? maybe 1 or 2 of them. but you're not gonna fund your entire stable certainly....so the only option is to find a partner or two that makes a lot of money and then create gym that is private to just you guys.

i or anybody else could instantly get better training than any public gym could ever offer in seconds. all it would take is posting on the forums that you're looking for a private gym partner. SOMEBODY will reply without a doubt. then the public gym that you thought you might create is nothing more than a memory --- its ultimately about winning fights. not making money

Kronix - I initially mentioned the struggling to make weight but I changed my thought process so that it would be any sort of weight cutting requiring a sauna. So if you are walking around at 207lbs and fight at 205lbs, you cut 2lbs in a sauna (in either your gym or a local public gym).

I understand what you're saying about the goal not being to make money but this will bring in more money to public gyms and that's a good thing, whether it makes anyone swap from a private to a public gym or not.

Now in terms of fighter finances, I'm currently programming something so that fighters want a level of financial security. Basically I'm ranking their wealth, then calculating where their finances should be considering their number of fights, ranking, peak rank and age. If they don't have as much money as they should do, they'll be unhappy about it (morale). This will be part of determining what housing they'd like to live in, once housing comes in and will mean that people shouldn't just spend all their money on training and it will become more of a balancing act.

• Downvote 1

Now in terms of fighter finances, I'm currently programming something so that fighters want a level of financial security. Basically I'm ranking their wealth, then calculating where their finances should be considering their number of fights, ranking, peak rank and age. If they don't have as much money as they should do, they'll be unhappy about it (morale).

That's sucks for org who are not able to give crazy amount of money,

what about to give more money to gym owner ??

Plus after think about it,i hope house will not be like the maintenance shit , something we have to care if we want make good fight with our fighter.

I hope this game will not turn into sim city .

I've been wanting to do this and worked on some of the details:

----------------------------------------

Gym would be run at a 1 fighter/1 Sparbot ratio. Since the fees off this would not be enough to cover the gyms costs, people would be required to pay an additional $1000 for each fighter/sparbot they bring in, coming to a $2,200 weekly cost.

I currently have 8 coaches(2 triple elites) and would hire the other 4 as needed.

3 Single Elite(MT + 2CT) = $8,250/week

7 Double Elite(various) = $35,000/week

2 Triple Elites(Clinch) = $14,500/week

------------------------------------

$57,750/week in coach fees

+ ~$600 cleaning/week

---------------------------------

~58,350 total cost + equipment change costs.

30 Fighters = $18,000

30 Sparbots = $18,000

+$1000/per combo*30= $30,000

---------------------------

$66,000 total income

30 sparbots / 4 skills = 7 sparbots per skill

7 FPS / 2(am/pm session) = 3 sparbots per session

30 fighters / 2(for am/pm session) = 15 fighters

15 fighters / 12 coaches = 1.25 fighter per coach ratio?!

While the cost is high, I'm paying roughly $2500-3000/week per fighter, for my 13 fighters to train in my 8 coach private gym.

$2,200 for 12 coaches at a 1.25 FPC ratio PLUS sparring every session....I'd jump on this in a second if I didnt own my gym.

There are then two questions:

1. Am I wrong w/ my calculations? Price too high? too low? bad math skills?

2. How come there arent more of these gyms and/or where do I find you interested managers at?!

But you says Hey Pico! I dont have a sparbot to enter and I'm sad!

Uncle Pico says well maybe just a FEW pay-only spots for people without bots, BUT making those spots cost $3000(more?) per week to discourage using them unless someone was crazy with their money.

I hate traveling my fighters, I like other orgs outside of Rio but hate having to fly. That org would be so worth it that I'd pay $3000/week for ONE fighter to get great training and not have to fly, myself.

But you says Hey Pico! The stars are important for sparbots now days!

Uncle Pico says well maybe we would run a 2 price scheme. Sparbots are required to be 4 stars in the skill they'll train, BUT if you bring in a 5 star bot in the skill you'll train you get $200 off your costs a week bringing you to $2000/week?!

As a gym owner, I'd be willing to let my own funds get dwindled w/ lack of money so I could get top notch sparring every session.

This all would be rather easy to facilitate now with Manager-Manager Fund Transfers implemented.

If you're transferring under $5000, you don't get taxed anything. The reset timer would be 30 days which would correspond to a gym-month.

Theoretically, that would be $4,000/month by manager-manager transfer unless they brought in multiples which would receive a slight tax.

Money would be paid like rent, for the upcoming month. This way, the gym doesnt lose out of money when people skip out/go afk and dont pay and the money can easily be transferred back to the manager at no tax if they want out of their "month" early or equipment replace $$ if someone goes AWOL.

---------------

So with that all said...............Whatcha all think?

• Upvote 1

PRIVATE COACHES FOR PUBLIC GYMS

#1. It eliminates the need for private gyms

#2. It can make the gyms money

#3. It can allow noobs to get the best coaching earlier

#4. Its a money dump

#5. Its fair for everyone (good fighters who get paid well get the best training)

My solution is simple. Allow them to hire their own private coaches and sell them to people. Charge like the current coaching system with more per double and triple elite a week. (Ex. Charge the gym owner 1500/week to run a private kicks coach, and the gym owner then rents him for 2000 or 2500 a week) Tycoon could set a reasonable price gap between the coach charges to the gym owner and the amount the gym charges the managers that would allow gyms to make money, managers to dump money, and shift the money so everyone isnt running an org because its the only way to make money. It solves a lot of problems.

Not to mention it allows noobs who just start the game to have top notch training as soon as they get a good guy. So when they make a bit of money now that guy can get the best training.

PRIVATE COACHES FOR PUBLIC GYMS

#1. It eliminates the need for private gyms

#2. It can make the gyms money

#3. It can allow noobs to get the best coaching earlier

#4. Its a money dump

#5. Its fair for everyone (good fighters who get paid well get the best training)

My solution is simple. Allow them to hire their own private coaches and sell them to people. Charge like the current coaching system with more per double and triple elite a week. (Ex. Charge the gym owner 1500/week to run a private kicks coach, and the gym owner then rents him for 2000 or 2500 a week) Tycoon could set a reasonable price gap between the coach charges to the gym owner and the amount the gym charges the managers that would allow gyms to make money, managers to dump money, and shift the money so everyone isnt running an org because its the only way to make money. It solves a lot of problems.

Not to mention it allows noobs who just start the game to have top notch training as soon as they get a good guy. So when they make a bit of money now that guy can get the best training.

How about adding fighter slots for gyms? While they can't book them in fights and they don't experience training gains or losses (and have no tickers), gyms can sign FA fighters to serve as spar bots at their gym.

Now in terms of fighter finances, I'm currently programming something so that fighters want a level of financial security. Basically I'm ranking their wealth, then calculating where their finances should be considering their number of fights, ranking, peak rank and age. If they don't have as much money as they should do, they'll be unhappy about it (morale). This will be part of determining what housing they'd like to live in, once housing comes in and will mean that people shouldn't just spend all their money on training and it will become more of a balancing act.

As an org owner I'm not crazy about this idea although I take it like all you will think it through.. Just seems like fighters will start having their wages bench-marked so to speak.

It also stops you from helping out org owners by taking lesser contracts etc etc.

BankRupt, I still don't know how you want it to work in terms of numbers of coaches etc.

I have a problem with people signing up for a gym and not getting what they thought they were going to get. I.e. if a gym has 12 coaches but half are private that's garbage and not what I want at all, but I don't want gyms to have more than 12 coaches either, unless we make them sack X number if they wanted to go private etc. It's just a potentially very messy concept.

I don't have a problem with each coach being able to do one private session per day on top of the normal sessions and people could book in for those instead of the normal sessions. Not sure how that would work in terms of who gets the booking but I prefer that as a concept.

i think making it a need to train at public gyms could be a key to make public gyms more interesting. maybe sparring should be even more focused on amounts like it is now, so small private gyms turn really useless for sparring. it would force ppl to join bigger gyms. i know it already happend, but it seems its still possible to maintain skill with even a small sparring class... making that impossible to maintain in a class under a decent number of fighters could change that ?

as a low tier gym owner myself i have to say that the vending pimping owns bigtime for new public gyms to start out! opening cpu based 2nd tier gyms would ruin the chance to open up a public gym early as a new manger.... for me it was my only chance to afford better training and use it as a money feeder just to pay for 600$ gyms for some of my new fighters... ppl should really not be scared to open low tier gyms... they wont get rich.. but you make profit and more easy than with a new nutrition or clothing company! low tier gyms will always be needed while new accounts will be created so it works fine :)

i have to ask the question because i think it's valid: what would it hurt to just remove the weekly cap on gym fees altogether? there's already a cap on # of coaches. why not let ppl pay what they think they are worth. they already are.....

the reason why i say that is because i feel like there's no greater shame in the game than when an average 'ol joe manager has that one successful fighter. but isnt rich/connected enough to get his fighter private training. although the fighter has absolutely earned it and deserves the right to competitive training. in makes no sense. yet an 0-0 fighter with a rich manager can get the best training available from day one even though he's done nothing at all to earn it.

so if you look at how not having a cap on gym fees would impact that i think that it plays out very well. for one, it's been proven, that if there's a need then it will be filled. in this game there's a need for top notch training. ppl want it. they've proven they'll do anything to get it. so why not allow ppl to get it and let the prices fall where they may? it would be one hell of a money sink for sure

the way i see it, most ppl in private gyms are already paying probly upwards of $1500 - $2500 a week in private training anyways. so why not if anything at least raise the cap to that high? the public is demanding it...so in turn there will innevitably be public gyms that will open up with those fees. therefore catering to the individual successful fighter. which Bankrupt was illuding to. because under the current system, the unconnected manager is limited by the $600 cap. even with a successful fighter that could afford more, he is dead ended at $600 quality. where as his peers are getting $2000 quality. i hope i explained that clearly

so if you were to make it a free market on gym pricing then innevitably the market will fill the demand. meaning that if there is a market for $2200 training, and there is a market for it, then undoubtedly some public gyms will pop up and fill that void.

there's two separate games being played right now. the private game, and the public game. the private game allows 0-0 fighters to get the best training from day one. the public game is the one where the fighter joins a cheap gym. has success. joins a mid-tier gym. has success. joins a $600 gym. has success. stays in a $600 gym. has $600 success

also, as much as i hate to say it, im in favor of ajperoks suggestion of hiring sparring partners. whether it be retired fighters or computer generated partners it doesnt matter. but it's obvious that the two distinctions between the two types of gym, public and private, that public gyms calling card is sparring. private gyms big thing is coaching. the recent sparring changes definately closed the gap between public and private. but it's still uneven. why not apply a little more sparring help to public gyms? i wouldnt be against allowing public gyms the oppurtunity to hire 20 coaches/sparbots. basically allowing public gyms to excell at what they are good at. private gyms are allowed to excell at small elite coaching classes. allow public gyms to excell at large elite sparring classes

[edit[ but in the end, removing the fee cap on gyms you're ultimately eliminating private gyms and just making it purely invite or public. it would only be called private if ppl chose to call it private. but there would be no distinction

What about letting gym owners upgrade their coaches?

Something like a manager opens a gym and puts however many coaches in there at say exceptional or whatever. They then see that they could benefit from better coaches when they’ve been open a while and now have a little money saved/coming in.

When the time comes they can upgrade their coach(es) by paying the difference between the cost of their exceptional coach and their new coach.

Perhaps let them do this once per coach and as well as paying the difference between the costs of the coach maybe also pay a %age of the signing fee.

Also, maybe only allowing this option after so many weeks as a public gym and losing the use of the coach whilst they ‘retrain’. Obviously the owner will be responsible for informing the managers and making sure the coach that is being upgraded doesn’t just disappear so that the fighters training can be adjusted.

Rather than paying to upgrade, how about a coach just naturally gets better over time, if he teaches a lot of fighters and gets rusty if he doesn't teach that many? You could have the option to send them away to a course for a day to increase their skill too.

That should work too. Will encourage newer managers who perhaps see stocking a gym with elite coaches as too scary.

• Upvote 1

I thing edwardsfan is right. Supply and demand is what should regulate the gym market. I dont get it why there has to be a limit on the gym fees as the fee is already being ignored but you do it through a secondary source instead.

so if the problem was that you (mike) were affraid of every gym looking the same, that fear has already happend. Every $600 gym is basicly the same and every private is the same. as you pay for what you want. So the $600 limit is already bypassed.

Having no limit on the gym fee would also allow to make ppl specialize in low cap gyms were the training is great but sparring will be harder unless the gym manager can manage to get in some sparbots to fill the void.

I dont see why we need to make training harder? Training is one of the things that makes this game so much fun and seeing the results. So instead of making changes that only the rich can afford who have their own org to support it why just not make it so that more can afford the better training in the way of demand and supply. Also if you think about it, in what business, real life, do you find companies that only are on the market so they can buy products like the once they make but instead of buying from themselfs they forced to buy from the competition?. It's really rediculus that you OWN a gym but you cannot draw any benefits from it.

The one thing I would not like to see is making it harder to find good training by simply just making it too expensive to run a private gym so everybody is forced to join public gyms instead. Cuz what it does is only enabling the 1% rich ppl who have successful orgs to be able to train and the majority of the managers have to wait so much longer before we can catch up and frankly I think more will quite then play when they find the road too difficult to reach. Only the hardcore players will see this as a challenge and proceed but I bet the most of the managers are casual players that just want to have fun. I dont see why need to punnish them and reward the already rich managers?

Just allow me as a owner to train my guys in my own gym to the low ratio that is the reason we have them private instead and I'll open the gym for the public cuz they will pay for my training. I'll be happy. The public will be happy as they will be getting a great gym & I get my training and the main focus can get back to what really is the backbone of the game. The fighting.

Suggestions (and some arguements)

* Remove the fees, enabling low ratio gyms. The richer mangers will pay more making it a money sink as the supply and demand will inflate the prices. Making medium ratio gyms more appealing to the public eyes as they still get good training but with what they can afford

* Enable gym mangers to use their own coaches to low ratio. Making the gym owners own fighters the once that effects his ratio (example 15 fighters on 5 coaches would still give ratio 3.0 but ignores how many train in the gym)

- This also makes the managers want to open up to the public as the public will pay for his coaches. No need to buy what your already selling from a competitor. If I own a pizza shop my familly should eat my pizza and not from the guy down the street. That shit just aint right. You didnt see the gracies go to other ppls schools did you? no they trained with the gracies!

* If you truely want different gyms. Maybe lowering the number of coaches to 8? instead of 12 (This I think would be an extreme change in my opinion and not a prefered option) but I rather we have actual fighters become coaches instead as this would make a more varried gym selection to choose from. Fight experience can also come in as a factor. A guy who has a lot of submission wins would be a most excelent teacher in the art of offensive submission. Same would go for wrestling coach if he has made a lot of successful takedowns in his career. This might add to their teaching bonus? .. I just see so much possiblity to explore here that this could be a really hot topic.

* Adding gym seizes & rents. Only the biggest gyms can have 12 coaches but they would cost more to run then a smaller 5 coach gym as rents would be more expensive (kind of like booking an areana). But with no fee limit (or higher fee) it would be more expensive to train. Benefits from this would be you get more options in what you want to train as these gyms can teach everything but this would also cost you more. Adding even more flavour to the gym world as there would be smaller specialist gyms that would be more affordable but they might just teach bbj, wrestling, MT or just boxing. Some gyms might be able to teach 2 things. (this would need some more tweaking to get right as I'm only spitballing some ideas here)

*- An Example using singe elite 150 coach. 12 coach gym would pay an extra $5,000 in rent then a 5 coach gym would do that only payes $2,000 for rent. Becouse of that the 12 coach gym would cost $33,000 + $5,000 = $38,000 to run and a smaller 5 coach gym would cost $13,750 + $2000 = $15,750 to run. Now assuming there are 20 ppl in the gym the 12 coach gym would be $1900 in fee weekly mean while the 5 coach gym would cost roughly $787 but the bigger more expensive gym could also offer the lower fighter / coach ratio which would be 1,66 person per coach vs 4.0 ratio. You get what you pay for.

Nice post Kronix, too bad it is ignored. Tycoon is clearly a smart guy, but gyms and specifically gym fees, are his blind spot. These discussions have been going on forever, but even with the lack of public gyms he just can't see that the status quo isn't working and needs a serious rethink.

• Downvote 1

I'm not ignoring it, I just don't agree with it.

- I think removing the cap would be an absolute disaster. What about the people that can barely afford low/mid level training as it is?

- I disagree with the concept of a gym owner getting preferential training. There are too many gyms as it is - if you could get better training, even more people would have gyms than they do now.

- Less coaches I would be fine with but other people would complain like hell.

- Gym rent would be fine but doesn't solve profitability being razor thin. That's the main issue. Having more detail would be fine but it's an extra cost that needs funding from somewhere.

I appreciate people coming up with ideas but most people tend to only see the positive aspects of what they suggest and not the problems that it will cause.

- I think removing the cap would be an absolute disaster. What about the people that can barely afford low/mid level training as it is?

i honestly dont see it the same as you. it just seems to me that the difference between a $250 gym and a $600 gym is actually so insignificant within the game that it actually does more to prevent mid level gyms, rather than produce them. you see what im saying? $600 gyms are so accessible in this game that you're just not gonna see a large number of gym owners that are gonna settle for creating a $500 gym. when they can easily spend just a slight bit more and have a $600 gym and serve everybody. the price differences are just too close together.

but if ppl could create $1600 gyms then a mid level $450 gym would all of the sudden be hugely viable. because then there would be a price difference that really would create different levels of gyms. it wouldnt just be $25 sparring only gyms and then $600 gyms. which is currently all that there is and ever will be (in my opinion)

the way i see it, once housing comes into play and morale on bank accounts comes into play, that would really go far for regulating prices of gyms. ppl wouldnt be able to just dump all their money down the drain for training like they have been for the last 2 years. that would create all sorts of oppurtunity for different size gyms with different price variations - and it would be based off of the success of the single fighter (the way it should be)

essentially housing and account management is going to force the money back into the fighters hands and out of the managers. org owners wont just be able to pair up with the gym owner and run a private gym at near the losses anymore. because each and every fighter would want to make the max money on contracts because each and every fighter is gonna want to get the best training possible. so that equals less throw away money for the org owner. now all that throw away money would be getting spread out amongst a large group of ppl. rich all the way down to noob - if you have a successful fighter...you have the oppurtunity to be successful - which is not the case with the current game that we are playing

like i said before, i really just cant see how you can justify capping the average players training potential at $600 when there's MANY other players that are paying out much much more into training

a public gym with private gym numbers - why would that be a bad thing?

• Upvote 1

Or maybe you could reduce the weekly wage of the coaches. i.e the elite coach would accumulate $2000/week (or is it too low?). I think this would encourage people to start a gym because of lower costs from the elite coaches and the gym would still actually profit even if there are just 50 people in a 12 coach-$600/week gym.

In my opinion, the first thing I thought in managing a gym is the quality of the training my members would get and the costs in hiring an elite coach so I can compete with other elite gyms. There are only a few 12coach/$600 week gyms in some areas and most of them are crowded like 7-8 fighters per coach. Some may think that managing a 12coach/$600 week gym would be less profitable and I agree with that. $33000 a week for the coach expenses and let's say you only have 50 members in your gym so that it would have a low fighter per coach ratio, that is $30000. So $30000 - $33000 = -$3000. (This is already a negative income excluding the cleaning costs and equipment replacement)So managing a high-level gym with good training would mean you'll lose more money than you'll gain. That may be fine for the rich managers but if this is your first company trying to make a profit then gyms would be a bad idea and in my opinion that's what makes the new VIPs or the less fortunate VIPs from making a public gym.

But if we reduce the weekly wage of the coaches, i.e an elite coach would garner $2000 per week, high-level gyms would have a $24000 costs per week from the coaches but let's say we have 50 fighters. Then $30000 - $24000 = $6000. You'll get good profit while providing your members a good quality training from the coaches. Let's subtract the cleaning costs and equipment change out there so $6000 - $3600 = $2400. Little profit is better than a negative profit and I think that would attract newer VIPs to make high-level public gyms. More public gyms like these means more quality training for the fighters while gaining some profit. So I think it's a win-win situation.

Just my 2 cents. :)

And hence my comment about your blind spot with regard to gyms.

Your wrong about this, have been wrong about this and, apparently, will continue to be wrong about this. We are stuck with a boring, binary gym market of $25 starter gyms and $600 "elite" gyms, which of course are only elite in the public sphere. To truly get elite you need to find private gyms. There will still be starter gyms if you remove the cap, there is money to be made there. If you can't afford a $25 fee then they should just remove the bookmark to this site and try something else.

I agree with ed on removing the cap. lets be honest here guys no new or well established but not rich or connected enough can compete with the bigger players/powerfull alliances. a lot of solid mid level managers can't gain entrance to privete gyms because these run at huge loss and unless your fighters are abusrdly rich or u own a very lucrative business u can't keep up with the costs. some of their fighters might have 30-40k in the bank but he can't join a privete gym because he can't afford it/not connected enough. lets be even more honest here, 600$ is not elite level training its mediocre at best, most of the privete training run at 2500$, most fighters that do fight in orgs even mid level can afford 600, and those that fight in bigger orgs can usually afford much more. but some can't play more and can't get better training because u need contacts. if u remove the cap it will improve the mid level fighter/managers to compete with the big boys. because right now there is no chance they can.

• Upvote 1

If caps were removed gym owners who run public gyms would still be battling to bring fighters in and would keep prices reasonable, private gyms wold make a good money sink for fighters who simply have too much money

• Upvote 1

- I disagree with the concept of a gym owner getting preferential training. There are too many gyms as it is - if you could get better training, even more people would have gyms than they do now.

- Less coaches I would be fine with but other people would complain like hell.

- Gym rent would be fine but doesn't solve profitability being razor thin. That's the main issue. Having more detail would be fine but it's an extra cost that needs funding from somewhere.

I appreciate people coming up with ideas but most people tend to only see the positive aspects of what they suggest and not the problems that it will cause.

I'd like to thank you for that. Because I understand that this is very tiresome for you. I cant even imagine how many post you have to read and the things you have to deal with on a daily basis. And I dont think I can begin to understand how growling it sometimes can be with everything thats been going on as of lately.

Now most of these ideas I give are on the fly, there is some thought into it but they are more a rough diamonds in the works. Not all of them will become a shiny sparkling diamond worth millions of $. Consider them more as a basic sketch to just give out an idea what its about. Now if you like the Idea I'll work more on it and polish the edges to something thats more doable and with more and more feedback I'll come back with a better version. Now I dont mean for you to have more work. But if I know what it is you like and what you dont like I can try and wrap my brain around the problem and find another angle that is more appealing to you. But if I dont know if you like the basic mechanics of the idea then I dont know if I should invest more time in it. Again I understand you can't read and reply to them all. I'm just thankful that you did this time. I'll work on something more supstainable and I'll pitch it in a few days and see if you like it more?

Thanks for an amazing game. I hope me wanting to help is not putting any burdon on your shoulders.

//

Kronix a.k.a Hunter Jones