Low IQ for fighter?

TommyGrunge

I got an email today that said one of my fighters took an IQ test and scored a 90. I'm assuming this means that he has low intelligence, but what exactly does this mean? Thanks!

I've always wondered how the IQ test related to the intelligence hidden, I had a guy score like 137 on it so I assume his intelligence is super high -- oddly intelligent never showed on ToTT for him, he always gets Granite Chin.

At a guess I'd say he has slightly lower than average intelligence (average on a normal IQ test is 100).

basically, until he hits 7 fights

Thanks for pulling arbitrary numbers out of your ass and treating them as fact. For all we know his experience might be non-existent, and there's no logical reason to assume that 7 is any sort of benchmark other than speculation. It's entirely circumstantial.

For the OP: Mike has confirmed that the numbers are based on RL IQ scores, so a guy with 90 is slightly below average while a guy with 140 would be MENSA level.

• Upvote 1

it was my understanding that after 7 fights most fighters usually have gained enough to reach the experienced hidden level. and it is not entirely circumstantial i remember when i was a noob and looking through the answers to noob questions and i saw that normally after 7 fights, the majority of in game fihts have gained enough experience to show up as a hidden. the only thin that could be incorrect about my statement would be that i made an assumption that he would fall into the majority of fighters category.

• Downvote 3

i was just agreeing with the poster above me and giving what i use as a benchmark for my fighters when i give them more freedom on the swing for the fences slide, i apologize for not clarifying that earlier but to be honest, dont just say this is wrong without providing reasoning for it but whatever i cant change how anyone acts so ill just shut up now

• Downvote 1

Thanks for pulling arbitrary numbers out of your ass and treating them as fact. For all we know his experience might be non-existent, and there's no logical reason to assume that 7 is any sort of benchmark other than speculation. It's entirely circumstantial.

For the OP: Mike has confirmed that the numbers are based on RL IQ scores, so a guy with 90 is slightly below average while a guy with 140 would be MENSA level.

it was my understanding that after 7 fights most fighters usually have gained enough to reach the experienced hidden level. and it is not entirely circumstantial i remember when i was a noob and looking through the answers to noob questions and i saw that normally after 7 fights, the majority of in game fihts have gained enough experience to show up as a hidden. the only thin that could be incorrect about my statement would be that i made an assumption that he would fall into the majority of fighters category.

i was just agreeing with the poster above me and giving what i use as a benchmark for my fighters when i give them more freedom on the swing for the fences slide, i apologize for not clarifying that earlier but to be honest, dont just say this is wrong without providing reasoning for it but whatever i cant change how anyone acts so ill just shut up now

Looks like some call out . :boxing: :boxing:

Fight !! :training2: :training2:

I provided reasoning for it though.

1. We know his intelligence is below average

1.1 Intelligence is a major part of SHIG

1.1.1 A dumb fighter will screw up

2. His experience is unknown

2.1 Experience is also a major part of SHIG

2.1.1 An inexperienced fighter will screw up

3. You're pulling an arbitrary number out of your ass

3.1 You use this arbitrary number as a concrete benchmark in the noob forum

3.1.1 Noobs will eat it raw

Conclusion:

You're wrong.

Was that preferable, sir?

• Upvote 1

I provided reasoning for it though.

1. We know his intelligence is below average

1.1 Intelligence is a major part of SHIG

1.1.1 A dumb fighter will screw up

2. His experience is unknown

2.1 Experience is also a major part of SHIG

2.1.1 An inexperienced fighter will screw up

3. You're pulling an arbitrary number out of your ass

3.1 You use this arbitrary number as a concrete benchmark in the noob forum

3.1.1 Noobs will eat it raw

Conclusion:

You're wrong.

Was that preferable, sir?

Looks like that remark was directed toward Igor.

That might be, but he just backed what I was saying. I don't see how that's something to get offended by. I'm not picking on anyone, but I tend to have a shorter fuse when it comes to people teaching new players how to look for magic numbers, the perfect sliders etc in a game with so many variables.

dont just say this is wrong without providing reasoning for it

How about we start with you providing a source for the magic number 7?

No?

Nothing?

Well, then I guess I'll just stick with

This is wrong.

Seriously, people need to stop making shit up in the noob forum.

• 2 weeks later...

7 is the magic number because each figher has 4 limbs and theres 2 fighters so thats 8, but if someone is trying to submit someone then they take away a limb which equals 7 ?

/troll

I would just like to get an IQ test result from time to time for fighters! in 2 and half years i've had 52 fighters and only ever got one IQ test result for a guy who was intelligent (something like scored a 134 IQ) but his heart wasn't in the fight game :(

Dont feel bad...I have been playing this game since the first month and I have also only ever received one IQ email and it was to tell me my fighter was exactly average in intelligence...lol At least your gave you some valuable info.

I think the neat things about learning that is that I believe you are looking at least at the 95th percentile of intelligence, i would wager probably more like the 99th and some decimals...for sure I'm almost positive it is phrased as superior intelligence in most iq standards...relating that to where chin falls...I would assume that it is indicative to a "granite chin" being around 140 and above as a hidden.

Although the strange thing about some hiddens like "intelligence" or "self confidence" they don't seem to have the propensity for showing up in the tot as other hiddens. More often than not once you reach 130 in stamina you will see cardio machine in the tot replace intelligence or self confident.

You would think someone would have scored a 150 in intelligence or self confidence by now and that it would override the "very strong" or "cardio machine" that so often shows up in the TOT. I have yet to see it stick later on in a fighters career though...the only one that seems to is "granite chin"...occasionally ko power...but even that hidden seems to be finicky and dependent upon how far you set your sliders to damage. I know some have disputed that sliders have anything to do with what shows up in the ToT...but I know for a fact I have gotten heavy hands and ko power...only to see them disappear in the next bout replaced by very strong when I leaned towards accurate.

That's a bit of another debate, and why it remains extremely difficult to pick up whether you have ko power or not....although I suppose if you were heavy towards the accurate spectrum and still showed ko power that would be a pretty big indicator.