Project fighters

ClarkKent

It does seem slow but it depends on a few factors

Were they both training the same skill? Was the coach the right one (as in triple rather than double for clinch etc)? Was it the same class sizes for both? Was it training just one secondary constantly or was there sparring involved?

If it was secondaries only, training just 1 skill, training the same skill and with the same class size then I'd say fighter #1 is very slow yeah, if not a little more info could distinguish between slow-average and slow-retarded lol

It does seem slow but it depends on a few factors

Were they both training the same skill? Was the coach the right one (as in triple rather than double for clinch etc)? Was it the same class sizes for both? Was it training just one secondary constantly or was there sparring involved?

If it was secondaries only, training just 1 skill, training the same skill and with the same class size then I'd say fighter #1 is very slow yeah, if not a little more info could distinguish between slow-average and slow-retarded lol

They were both training the same skill, the coach was definately the right one, 1v1 coach sessions, training one secondary with no sparring. Also their apptitudes are quite similar, and the apptitude sliders for the skills involved are about 35-40% of the full bar for each skill...so they are geared towards the skills they are learning.

I'm thinking of fighting the slower guy and see what his hiddens are like. But yeah not sure whats considered fast and slow etc :)

Well regardless of current speed, I'd say that unless fighter #2 is phenomenal then fighter #1 is definitely on the slow side

But like you said, if the hiddens are there then training speed is a distant second anyway. I've had a full pop with 1 guy in a single session since the changes so they're not MASSIVELY slower, only Mike can say but it seems to me its about 15-20% difference for the first 3 or 4 levels now

I don't think that's too bad...I have hit on some absolute retards myself...I thought it was just the change in gamespeed but it may just be poor luck...i have one guy at 24 sessions who has reached competent++ with 1 on 1.

I don't think that's too bad...I have hit on some absolute retards myself...I thought it was just the change in gamespeed but it may just be poor luck...i have one guy at 24 sessions who has reached competent++ with 1 on 1.

Hahaha yeah I'd definately cut him, unless he's got uber hiddens :) Yeah I figured that by now people would have a fair idea of what is fast/average/slow learning because I havent made a project in a while so any info would be great.

Also Luke, stoked to see you back :)

The thread below lists some figures for growth since the training changes if you are using the scripts.

Anything above 6.0 from the discussions had in the thread seems to be a good learning speed now. 5-6 is about average and anything below 5 can be considered retarded.

Learning Speed

The thread below lists some figures for growth since the training changes if you are using the scripts.

Anything above 6.0 from the discussions had in the thread seems to be a good learning speed now. 5-6 is about average and anything below 5 can be considered retarded.

Learning Speed

Hey stu any chance you could send me a link to the scripts/explain how to use them? Ive always wondered about that kind of stuff, bt im not that technicial.

These are for Firefox, not sure if they work on other browsers.

Install Greasemonkey - pretty straight forward to do.. Just google it..

then here is the link for the scripts http://svn2.xp-dev.com/svn//jmfc/trunk/

All you have to do is active it and then when you go into the "skills snapshot" page you will get have numbers next to the bars :)

These are for Firefox, not sure if they work on other browsers.

Install Greasemonkey - pretty straight forward to do.. Just google it..

then here is the link for the scripts http://svn2.xp-dev.com/svn//jmfc/trunk/

All you have to do is active it and then when you go into the "skills snapshot" page you will get have numbers next to the bars :)

http://svn2.xp-dev.com/svn/jmfc/trunk/ -- you link wasnt working

Personally i'd be happy to keep fighter number 1 on that sort of pop speed but thats just me! I'd check his other hiddens before I cut him.

I don't really pay much attention to learning speed and certainly don't cut anyone unless they are really really slow (the last guy I got rid of for this reason went from Useless-- to Useless++ in 8 sessions)

• 3 weeks later...