Skyrim

for dragon armor you have to get smithing to 100 and then use skill points to unlock the ability to craft it. iirc, the light armor bracers and boots each take 2 scales+leather+iron ingot to make, and another scale to improve to legendary. the body armor i think is 3 scales+leather+ingot, and the shield is like 4 scales+1bone+leather+ingot. i think the heavy armor is all the same, but with bones instead of scales.

what city do the dark brotherhood quests start in? i just got to the mage college last night before i stopped playing for the day. i've joined the thieves guild already and did some of their quests, but haven't finished em yet. the only city i think i'm finished with is windhelm, except i haven't done the drinking contest yet.

i'll tell you one thing, it amazes me that they fit all this content onto just one disc for the 360. there's SO much spoken dialogue, and the world is pretty massive. i wonder how many total NPC's are in the game that speak to you, cuz it's gotta be like 1000 of em, at least.

i'm not sure why i didn't choose an elf, cuz i knew i'd probably be using a bow for the most part. oh well, at least having night vision comes in handy. and i just read that the daedric bow is better than the glass bow, so i guess i'll be making one of those next.

I got the brotherhood quests through killing a chick that runs the orphanage in Riften, one of the misc quests wants you to some kid (I think I got that through talking to bartenders and asking about rumours)

Here is a link

http://www.gamefront...rk-brotherhood/ showing step by step instructions to get there.

From the sounds of where you are at in the game you won't get much meaninful stuff from the quests (I started doing it at around level 7) but you do get a pretty cool horse to keep out of it and the whole assassin thing is good fun. Once the main quest is finished you can keep going back there and get contracts to kill various people in the game.

With the smithing to get it up so quicky did you just buy the raw materials by vendor hopping or did you go out and collect the shit. I can only imagine it took a long time to get smithing up that high??

I got the brotherhood quests through killing a chick that runs the orphanage in Riften, one of the misc quests wants you to some kid (I think I got that through talking to bartenders and asking about rumours)

Here is a link

http://www.gamefront...rk-brotherhood/ showing step by step instructions to get there.

From the sounds of where you are at in the game you won't get much meaninful stuff from the quests (I started doing it at around level 7) but you do get a pretty cool horse to keep out of it and the whole assassin thing is good fun. Once the main quest is finished you can keep going back there and get contracts to kill various people in the game.

With the smithing to get it up so quicky did you just buy the raw materials by vendor hopping or did you go out and collect the shit. I can only imagine it took a long time to get smithing up that high??

with around level 60 pickpocketing and a master smithing teacher you can easily level up , train - pickpocket your money back , your pickpocketing, your overall level and your smithing will all go up by loads , I got too 100 pickpocketing 70 smithing and from level 27-36 before having to find other ways of leveling ...

Here is a link

haha, i broke into that orphanage once, and lady was being a bitch to the kids so i shot her in the face with an arrow. i reloaded a save after that though, just in case she was part of a later mission, and now i'm glad that i did lol.

the smithing didn't take all that long, really. i just did it by buying the ingots (or stealing them whenever i saw them) and collecting the skins for leather strips (or buying leather if necessary, since it's cheap). it's only like 4 or 5 daggers per level, so it goes pretty fast, especially since a lot of vendors have ~20 iron ingots for sale. if you go to whiterun there's 2 people to buy from at the blacksmith as well (i can't remember if the dude at the sky forge sells them too or not, but that would make 3 people in that town to buy from), so that speeds it up even more.

with around level 60 pickpocketing and a master smithing teacher you can easily level up , train - pickpocket your money back , your pickpocketing, your overall level and your smithing will all go up by loads , I got too 100 pickpocketing 70 smithing and from level 27-36 before having to find other ways of leveling ...

oh crap, you can pickpocket your money back from teachers? i never even tried, cuz i figured it wouldn't be in their inventory :(

oh crap, you can pickpocket your money back from teachers? i never even tried, cuz i figured it wouldn't be in their inventory :(

yeah upto a certain ammount , at level 99 it cost me like 5000 to train pickpocketing but he caught me pickpocketing so I killed him instead ;D win

Okay I understood the whole hendricks kod fitch reference but what's it to do with me?

because you both with Fitch play that stupid game all day and you both SUX.

• Downvote 2

haha, i broke into that orphanage once, and lady was being a bitch to the kids so i shot her in the face with an arrow. i reloaded a save after that though, just in case she was part of a later mission, and now i'm glad that i did lol.

the smithing didn't take all that long, really. i just did it by buying the ingots (or stealing them whenever i saw them) and collecting the skins for leather strips (or buying leather if necessary, since it's cheap). it's only like 4 or 5 daggers per level, so it goes pretty fast, especially since a lot of vendors have ~20 iron ingots for sale. if you go to whiterun there's 2 people to buy from at the blacksmith as well (i can't remember if the dude at the sky forge sells them too or not, but that would make 3 people in that town to buy from), so that speeds it up even more.

It wouldn't have mattered I killed her before I started the quest in proper it just sped things up...

Looks like I will be doing some smithing and pickpocketing tonight :))

it would have been funny if the programmers made it so that if you kill that chick the kids start cheering :P

i need to stop forgetting about my smithing potions, cuz i've never used one yet. if they're stackable up to a 100% bonus, that's a HUGE difference in weapon and armor strength. oh well, at least i haven't made the dragon chest armor or shield yet.

does everyone else save their game right before pickpocketing someone, and just reload if they get caught? i hate wasting money paying off guards and i don't want a bounty on me. when i'm uber powerful i might just go around killing everyone, but i don't want to deal with getting attacked by guards until then.

oh, and i think i saw somewhere online that you can become a werewolf, so i need to check out how to do that next time i play (can't view game websites from work, they're all blocked). curious to see how it looks when you change. i became a vampire in oblivion, which was cool for a while, but it will be nice not having to worry about dying in sunlight.

Your a Fucking Moron go suck GSP's Ass

it would have been funny if the programmers made it so that if you kill that chick the kids start cheering :Pi need to stop forgetting about my smithing potions, cuz i've never used one yet. if they're stackable up to a 100% bonus, that's a HUGE difference in weapon and armor strength. oh well, at least i haven't made the dragon chest armor or shield yet.does everyone else save their game right before pickpocketing someone, and just reload if they get caught? i hate wasting money paying off guards and i don't want a bounty on me. when i'm uber powerful i might just go around killing everyone, but i don't want to deal with getting attacked by guards until then.oh, and i think i saw somewhere online that you can become a werewolf, so i need to check out how to do that next time i play (can't view game websites from work, they're all blocked). curious to see how it looks when you change. i became a vampire in oblivion, which was cool for a while, but it will be nice not having to worry about dying in sunlight.

You can pay the guards your thieves guild fee's and then pickpocket it back haha

• Upvote 1

Watch out bro or he'll sue you for wasting his time with your terrible posts.

do you have to finish the thieves guild stuff first, or can you do that as soon as you become a member (and get the armor/etc)?

As soon as you're a member.

i did some work on enchanting yesterday. it seems to go up even faster than smithing did, which is cool. i went up about 20 or enchanting levels by making stamina damaging daggers, which are valued at around 600 bucks when you use the shittiest soul gems to make em. does anyone know how long it takes before items respawn? i went through the mage college dorms and jacked about 25-30 soul gems, so i figure i'll make my guy sleep for a week and then go back and get them all again. does that work?

it did piss me off that i have to upgrade a bunch of crap i don't want in order to unlock the ability to craft daedric stuff. i unlocked all the smithing abilities on the other side in order to get up to dragon armor, and have no reason to want to spend the 4 or 5 skill points to get around the other side just to unlock the daedric stuff. anyone know where i can find/buy a daedric bow? that's the only thing that i want from it anyway.

oh, and the dragon battle at the mage college is pretty cool. funny to watch them all chucking fireballs at it lol. i was on the roof of the dorms when it attacked, and just saw all these fireballs flying out of nowhere. i ended up killing 3 dragons in about 30 minutes, because right after i killed that one i was leaving the town and another one attacked, and then i went up into the mountains and killed another one by one of those dragon shrines. good times! and now i have enough scales to finish my set of dragon scale armor. :medieval:

i did some work on enchanting yesterday. it seems to go up even faster than smithing did, which is cool. i went up about 20 or enchanting levels by making stamina damaging daggers, which are valued at around 600 bucks when you use the shittiest soul gems to make em. does anyone know how long it takes before items respawn? i went through the mage college dorms and jacked about 25-30 soul gems, so i figure i'll make my guy sleep for a week and then go back and get them all again. does that work?

it did piss me off that i have to upgrade a bunch of crap i don't want in order to unlock the ability to craft daedric stuff. i unlocked all the smithing abilities on the other side in order to get up to dragon armor, and have no reason to want to spend the 4 or 5 skill points to get around the other side just to unlock the daedric stuff. anyone know where i can find/buy a daedric bow? that's the only thing that i want from it anyway.

oh, and the dragon battle at the mage college is pretty cool. funny to watch them all chucking fireballs at it lol. i was on the roof of the dorms when it attacked, and just saw all these fireballs flying out of nowhere. i ended up killing 3 dragons in about 30 minutes, because right after i killed that one i was leaving the town and another one attacked, and then i went up into the mountains and killed another one by one of those dragon shrines. good times! and now i have enough scales to finish my set of dragon scale armor. :medieval:

I have never checked, but something I read said it took a month game time for items to respawn.

Unless you are wanting to wear something other than dragon armor, it might be best just to get dragon armor by going the heavy armor route. If you don't have the daedric crafting abilities, it might be best to stick with glass. Through the grinding stone, I think you can add 300% damage to the bow. 100% from having 100 smithing, 100% from wearing a full set of 25% to smithing enchantments, and 100% from smithing potions. That should make up for the 4 points of damage daedric has over glass (19 to 15). Regarding armor, 580ish is supposedly the hard cap. Any extra after that point yields no extra benefit.

Just saw this, "‡ All Daedric weapons can also be made at the Atronach Forge, in which case the Daedric Smithing perk is not needed, but instead the Sigil Stone must be obtained. Tempering weapons created at the Atronach Forge is still augmented by the Daedric Smithing perk." Meaning you don't need to spend the points to craft the daedric weapon, but you will still need it to temper it. Also, I think I seen a deadric bow being sold in Solitude. I think the shop had the word arrow in it's name.

I have never checked, but something I read said it took a month game time for items to respawn.

Unless you are wanting to wear something other than dragon armor, it might be best just to get dragon armor by going the heavy armor route. If you don't have the daedric crafting abilities, it might be best to stick with glass. Through the grinding stone, I think you can add 300% damage to the bow. 100% from having 100 smithing, 100% from wearing a full set of 25% to smithing enchantments, and 100% from smithing potions. That should make up for the 4 points of damage daedric has over glass (19 to 15). Regarding armor, 580ish is supposedly the hard cap. Any extra after that point yields no extra benefit.

Just saw this, "‡ All Daedric weapons can also be made at the Atronach Forge, in which case the Daedric Smithing perk is not needed, but instead the Sigil Stone must be obtained. Tempering weapons created at the Atronach Forge is still augmented by the Daedric Smithing perk." Meaning you don't need to spend the points to craft the daedric weapon, but you will still need it to temper it. Also, I think I seen a deadric bow being sold in Solitude. I think the shop had the word arrow in it's name.

i've already crafted the boots/bracers/helmet for the dragon scale armor (and have the supplies to make the rest after killing those dragons last night). i'm not sure what you mean by "going the heavy armor route" though. (i use light armor since i'm mainly a sneaky archer). sounds like i'll just stick with glass for the bow then, since it would be a huge waste of points to unlock the daedric crafting ability. are you sure you can get 100% bonus with smithing potions? i tried to stack two 18% bonus potions yesterday when i made something, and it had no more effect than when i only used one (i saved my game before i tried this so i didn't waste any potions).

also, do you know if certain forges make more powerful stuff than others? i didn't check to make sure, but it looked like the dragon forge in whiterun gave an extra point to dragon armor, as compared to the regular forge by the blacksmith there.

I have never looked at any bonuses for forges. I just use Whiterun. To get 100% bonus from smithing potions, you need to wear 100% enchanting gear, and then probably have all the alchemy points spent to get better potions. You can only use 1 BS potion at a time. They don't stack.

It is too late to go the Heavy route. What I was meaning was, you don't need to unlock the light side to get dragon armor. At first I thought you needed to unlock both to get it. So I spent way too many points. It was the same for enchanting. I got the elemental enchantments to unlock the 2 enchantments perk.

Looks like I was wrong about the tempering. I thought you couldn't temper it without having the skill. You can temper it, so with all the other bonuses, you might end up with a better bow if you went daedric without the perk. Well you would get better with the perk, but it would only be like an additional 19 damage, but I am not too sure how damage is calculated.

You guys are a bunch of lifeless lazy bastards who contribute nothing to society. And i hope to be joining you soon. I will be looking into how to get this game. enjoy!