Skyrim

What do you roll with...

Lvl 35 - Wood elf Theif

Glass bow (epic) with Frost damage - generally can get a couple of shots into enemies due to them freezing or slowing down (normally enough to kill them)

1 glass dagger (epic) fire damage

1 glass dagger (epic) shock damage

Full set of the ancient shrouded armour (darkbrotherhood)

I also have crafted a set of soul trapping gear (bow and 2 daggers)..

What do you roll with...

Lvl 35 - Wood elf Theif

Glass bow (epic) with Frost damage - generally can get a couple of shots into enemies due to them freezing or slowing down (normally enough to kill them)

1 glass dagger (epic) fire damage

1 glass dagger (epic) shock damage

Full set of the ancient shrouded armour (darkbrotherhood)

I also have crafted a set of soul trapping gear (bow and 2 daggers)..

Lvl 46 - Nord Theif(Assasin,Werewolf[LOL])

Ebony Bow (Legendary) with Frost Damage

1 Glass Mance (Legendary) With Frost Damage

1 Ebony War Axe (Legendary) with Fire Damage

Naahkrin Mask (Legendary) + 50 Magika and 25% faster Recovery time

Dragon Scale Armor (Legendary)

Leather Boot's of Epic Deft Hands(Legendary) 30% better Pickpocketing chances

• Upvote 1

level 34 or 35 (i think, can't remember as i haven't played in a couple days)

sneaky cat-person-thing. most points into archery. i'm currently on the last thieves guild quest, and just got that nightingale armor (although i don't use it since i can't upgrade it). i think i'm one quest away from becoming a werewolf as well.

dragon scale armor and boots (legendary) - haven't enchanted em yet since i'm still working on my enchanting skills (around lvl 80 right now).

i was using some boots that increased carry capacity until i started storing all my crap at my house in whiterun.

some golden facemask thing that gives +20% to archery/pickpocket/sneak (i think it's those three, but i can't recall for sure, otherwise i was using some +35% archery orcish helmet).

elf bracers (epic or legendary, whichever is the max for it) with +25% archery.

epic glass bow with fire damage, although i rarely have it charged since i don't really need to and i'm saving gems for enchanting grinding.

epic/legendary elf bow for stealing souls.

epic dagger of some sort with some enchantment that i can't remember since i never use it other than for breaking cobwebs lol.

my sneak skill is high enough that enemies almost never see me, and i'll stay hidden and pick them off before they know what's happening, or while they're attacking my follower, so i've only killed like 5 enemies with anything other than a bow. my magic skills are laughable because i NEVER use any spells. although i'd like to increase my conjuration since those spells would be great at causing diversions so i can stay hidden and pick people off with the bow.

i usually roll with my servant chick from whiterun, who i have outfitted in all epic glass gear with the chillrend sword and epic glass bow. i go with her since i know if she leaves my party for any reason i don't have to worry about finding her again or losing any of the stuff i had her carrying for me (usually dragon bones/scales and heavy weapons, until i get them back to storage or sell them)

btw, for anyone grinding on enchanting, just do it all with jewelry. the daggers are way too heavy to carry around. i've been making tons of +archery% jewelry, and it makes a pretty solid profit. i think there are more vendors that will buy jewelry than there are that will buy weapons too, so that helps.

btw, for anyone grinding on enchanting, just do it all with jewelry. the daggers are way too heavy to carry around. i've been making tons of +archery% jewelry, and it makes a pretty solid profit. i think there are more vendors that will buy jewelry than there are that will buy weapons too, so that helps.

do it with daggers cause it increases the skill faster and you can just drop them afterwards IMO

if you do it with jewellery i've found that the biggest % increase in price is always to sneak

do it with daggers cause it increases the skill faster and you can just drop them afterwards IMO

if you do it with jewellery i've found that the biggest % increase in price is always to sneak

hmm, so enchanting weapons is a bigger boost than armor/jewlery? guess i'll have to put those 100+ daggers i have stored away to good use!

i haven't disenchanted anything for sneak yet though. i read that if you sell/lose any of the thief armor it can cause a glitch that stops you from getting the better thief armor later, so i haven't disenchanted any of it yet. is the nightingale armor the last armor you get from the thieves guild, or do you get better armor when they make you the guild master? if the nightingale is it, then i'll go ahead and disenchant the rest tonight.

hmm, so enchanting weapons is a bigger boost than armor/jewlery? guess i'll have to put those 100+ daggers i have stored away to good use!

i haven't disenchanted anything for sneak yet though. i read that if you sell/lose any of the thief armor it can cause a glitch that stops you from getting the better thief armor later, so i haven't disenchanted any of it yet. is the nightingale armor the last armor you get from the thieves guild, or do you get better armor when they make you the guild master? if the nightingale is it, then i'll go ahead and disenchant the rest tonight.

i seemed to get more anyway ..

but yeah as far as i know the nightingale armor is top o te range

QUICK TIP

Smithing...

In Riften go to the scorched hammer, there is a grindstone,workbench,forge and tanning rack outside and every 3 days(approximately) game time inside in the cellar around 20-25 ingots (silver,iron and steel) respawn as well as some leather and leather strips and some wolf pelts

HAVE FUN

hmm. iirc i wasn't a fan of any of the enchantments on the nightingale stuff (lock picking is super easy without any perks, i don't use any one-handed weapons, i don't use any spells, my sneak skill is already high enough for me, and i don't care about resisting frost) so i took it off as soon as that quest ended and i wasn't forced to use it. i don't want to spend the 5 skill points to upgrade it either. it does look pretty badass though :(

hmm. iirc i wasn't a fan of any of the enchantments on the nightingale stuff (lock picking is super easy without any perks, i don't use any one-handed weapons, i don't use any spells, my sneak skill is already high enough for me, and i don't care about resisting frost) so i took it off as soon as that quest ended and i wasn't forced to use it. i don't want to spend the 5 skill points to upgrade it either. it does look pretty badass though :(

Why do you need to spend skill points to upgrade it?

Why do you need to spend skill points to upgrade it?

i went up the left side of the enchanting skill tree because i use light armor. you have to unlock the right side of the skill tree from the bottom up; you can't just keep going around the top (past dragon armor) to unlock ebony and daedric smithing. without spending the skill points you can't max them out when you upgrade them (i think you can get them up to superior, but that's not even close to glass/dragon stuff that's maxed out)

Looks like the closest you could get a daedric bow to a glass bow is 67 to 68 with 127% potions, and a set of gear that adds 128% total to smithing. The 67 is without any bow skills or any perks.

Looks like I used the wrong number. I thought they were 15 and 19, they are 14 and 18. So it ends up 63.9 and 63.7 in favor of daedric.

Getting 127% potions and 32% gear might be a pain though. I would just go glass bow in this situation.

I was thinking about this, and the correction I made might be wrong. I know one was the weight and one was the damage. I don't recall which was which and not looking it up.

good to know. i'll definitely stick with glass bows then, because that's a lot of work for not much reward. i only have one +smithing% piece of gear (some gauntlets i found that are +25% i think), which i haven't disenchanted yet since i'm not up to 100 enchanting quite yet so i don't want to waste any good soul gems creating a full set yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, i need your help... i've played Morrowind (definitly one of my 3 all time favourites) and i started with Oblivion, too... spend a lot of time there without being really far in the main story... then my hd crashed and i lost the savegame. I was so f'n pissed i never started it again lol - still at some point i want to start it again. I know Skyrim takes places 200 years later, is located on the north continent and there are some books about the oblivion crisis, too... but i wonder, how far are the stories connected in general, will Skyrim spoiler all of Oblivion's main storyline? I don't care for graphics (i still could play Morrowind but i know every corner there) or up-to-dateness, my decision to play Skyrim is just related to how it connects to Oblivion.

i played oblivion for 100+ hours but i don't think i got even 1/4 of the way through the main quests. it may spoiler some stuff (especially if you read those books, but i don't read any of the books, i just open them to see if they give me a boost to any skills), but i couldn't tell you for sure. if you're really worried about it then just finish oblivion first, and by the time you're done you can prob get a copy of skyrim for like 20 bucks.

man! the first time i heard about skyrim was i think e3 last year or shortly before. fucking hooked after that till it came out. haven't played in a while (gone back to arkham city but plowed in well over 200 hours. completed all the quest lines bar the gay bards (not to be confused with grey beards). despite the well documented ps3 issues ive gotten to level 60 or so. spammed enchanting and smithing late on. rocking a fully enchanted set of daedric armour with a mf'in bad ass daedric warhammer and daedric bow. im all daedrified. B). game fulfilled all my expectations. i probably spent the first 60 hours in whiterun alone. recently got the last dragon priest mask (which is totally awesome) but my xcter is so awesome now i dont even use its perk. lol. despite losing my goodwill for bethseda for putting a substandard product out on the ps3, i have to say ive reaallly reallly enjoyed this game. i always say, it might be the worst experience ive had due to the ps3 issues but its definitely the best game ive played.

ohhh Lydia. this just sums up exactly how i felt. the missus would come out, shaking her head at me. "you do know she cant hear you, right?"

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/21/skyrim-lydia-death/

welp, i figured it was time for a status update:

level 60 khajiit

level 100 skills:

enchanting

smithing

block

sneak

lockpicking

illusion

i have 15 shouts (6 of them have 3 words), but i have no idea how many more there are. i think i have all the spell tomes (42 spells learned), but i'm not certain. i pretty much just use spells for leveling anyway.

i spammed block/enchanting/smithing/illusion to 100, since they were all easy to do. last night i pinned myself into a corner and basically just put a rubber band over the trigger so that i would just hold up my shield, and i let a hagraven attack my shield for an hour. went from level 26 to 100 lol. i'm ALMOST at 100 archery (96 right now- shit goes up slow too, cuz i kill almost everything with bows). to spam illusion i just ran around casting invisibility potions as often as i could. i'm doing the same thing with alteration right now, and continuously casting detect life as i do quests/etc.

i just upgraded all my gear, after making a new set of "creation armor" (light armor that's just for doing alchemy and smithing). i only had a +40% smithing potion though, so i'll have to do it again when i can find/make a +50% potion.

primary apparel:

dragonscale armor (436 armor)(+26 light armor, +67 stamina)

dragonscale boots (186 armor)(+40% resistance to fire and frost)

dragonscale gauntlets (186 armor)(+26 light armor, +43% damage with bows)

dragonscale helmet (204 armor)(+62 magica, +40% damage with bows)

dragon ring (+25 light armor, +40% damage with bows)

dragon necklace (+25 light armor, +40% damage with bows)

(the ring/necklace are just gold diamond stuff that i renamed to keep them all next to each other in my apparel menu)

my armor rating is 1012

primary weapons:

daedric bow (legendary) - 422 damage (just made it- i'll be enchanting it here soon)

ebony bow (legendary) for filling soul gems - 406 damage

tons of ebony and glass arrows, since i've only found 27 daedric arrows in the game so far lol (haven't even shot one yet)

mehrunes' razor (legendary) - it's a dagger that has a chance to instantly kill - 44 damage

when i use a shield i have the "spellbreaker", which is pretty cool (94 armor, creates a ward the protects against spells).

no clue what percentage of the game i've done so far, but i've done 88 quests and 210 misc objectives. only 11 main quests though. with all the leveling i've been doing i decided to unlock the other side of the smithing tree so i could make/upgrade daedric bows, since i didn't see anything else that i really wanted to spend the points on.

when i move on from one game to the next i pretty much never go back to the old one, so i'm trying to play all of skyrim that i can before i start playing undisputed :P

ahh this is true lol. can't think of what type of fighter i'mma do on career mode.

Guys, i need your help... i've played Morrowind (definitly one of my 3 all time favourites) and i started with Oblivion, too... spend a lot of time there without being really far in the main story... then my hd crashed and i lost the savegame. I was so f'n pissed i never started it again lol - still at some point i want to start it again. I know Skyrim takes places 200 years later, is located on the north continent and there are some books about the oblivion crisis, too... but i wonder, how far are the stories connected in general, will Skyrim spoiler all of Oblivion's main storyline? I don't care for graphics (i still could play Morrowind but i know every corner there) or up-to-dateness, my decision to play Skyrim is just related to how it connects to Oblivion.

Skyrim will spoil the end of the Oblivion storyline in a few summaries - I think there's an in game book that covers it too, but frankly there were only 2 real possibilities (both of which are basically the same) for the end of that game anyway so it's not really a huge spoiler imo.

Skyrim is easily better than Oblivion (which is easily the weakest of the 3 'modern' Elder Scrolls), not quite as fun as Morrowind but it's up there.