MMAtycoons own pro fighter

The decision was fine IMO. You cant score fights are failed moved. You cant give him points for missed subs and not count missed/bocked strikes or missed takedowns. Also if you score missed subs you have to score the other guy for sub escapes and you are back to square one. I would have like to see the ref stop the fight after the first Tap. A surrender is a surrender. When someone verbally taps they dont have to say it 3 times. Once the guy signaled he was done it should have been over 3 taps or not. Many fights are stopped on 1 tap and often no taps. rarely you have to tap 3 times. IMO this should not be a judgement call anymore. It shouldnt depend which ref is in the cage and IF he gets there in time or what ever. The UFC admits there is many ways to signal defeat and i think we saw someone tonight admit defeat and the ref didnt react fast enough. Maybe to morrow i will feel differently but that is how i feel now.

I wonder how the other guys sliders were set.

Tough break Jeff, hope we see you again.

I'm also bummed that Pfister didn't get into the house. Just because I would have loved to talk about the Tickle/Pfister fight and try to keep a straight face.

I wonder how the other guys sliders were set.

Tough break Jeff, hope we see you again.

I'm also bummed that Pfister didn't get into the house. Just because I would have loved to talk about the Tickle/Pfister fight and try to keep a straight face.

there was a guy called pfister :o amazing

MMA Torch had this to say about it.

ROUND ONE: Smith landed a hard body kick early. He rushed in and scored a takedown on the cage. Larsen already suffered a cut on his head. Smith stayed on him in the clinch as Larsen stood. Smith grabbed a guillotine, then used it to pass. Larsen stood and Smith landed a big right as they separated. Larsen scored a takedown. Smith went for an armbar. He scrambled and Larsen got to side control. Smith pulled off a beautiful transition and grabbed a head lock standing. He landed a left. Larsen got to him and scored another takedown. Larsen tried to take his back and Smith rolled through with a leg lock. He turned it into a knee bar and Larsen looked like he tapped. No stoppage and Larsen got out. He scrambled and got to side control, landing a couple of knees to the body. Larsen added some elbows in side control. He landed an elbow to the ear. Smith wasn't trying to break out, then he grabbed another knee bar the Larsen got out of as the round ended. Smith may have given that one away late, but Larsen really looked like he tapped to the knee bar.

Larsen via unanimous decision

That was the only fight thus far that I think was hampered by the one round format. Close fight.

MAybe I am biased, but regardless of the tap thing Jeff won the round IMO. The other guy lay on top in side control for a minute and a half doing very little.

I just watched it again and the dude definitely tapped at least twice, its BS.

You kinda understand now why guys like Imanari and Paul Harris torque the fuck out of that kneebar, because the refs don't really notice tapping from that position unless they're putting their hand through the canvas. Jeff kinda looked like he loosened up on the hold once he felt the phantom tap.

It's a phantom tap because he didn't tap. Jeff didn't feel it because it didn't happen. The guy wanted to tap, but didn't. It was one inch away from being a valid tap.

The decision was fine IMO. You cant score fights are failed moved. You cant give him points for missed subs and not count missed/bocked strikes or missed takedowns. Also if you score missed subs you have to score the other guy for sub escapes and you are back to square one.

I agree and disagree.

For me it wasnt a matter of Jeff winning because he was missing subs it was the fact that he was the only one doing anything. Farsen literally laid on him in side control and did nothing. Jeff landed a vicious body kick to start the fight. A nice knee in transition, a punch that cut him and had all of the sub attempts (including the one tapper). I honestly (no bias) think he won.

Very close round but I don't think it was a terrible decision, gutted for Jeff, thought he had him with that kneebar. Think the 1 round format hurt a lot of the fighters, I wonder how much time they had to prepare knowing it was only a one round fight? You don't generally train for those!

Fingers crossed he gets another chance with a wild card pick or injury or something, he was one of the more impressive guys that didn't get in the house.

Very close round but I don't think it was a terrible decision, gutted for Jeff, thought he had him with that kneebar. Think the 1 round format hurt a lot of the fighters, I wonder how much time they had to prepare knowing it was only a one round fight? You don't generally train for those!

Fingers crossed he gets another chance with a wild card pick or injury or something, he was one of the more impressive guys that didn't get in the house.

It would probably have to be an injury since this season is not one of the wild card seasons. I think Cruz and Faber were much more impressed with Jeff then Larsen.